Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

students cannot develop integrity, compassion and respect if teachers have none.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

mean, petty,unfair,judgemental to students except for their class pets.

My kids attend this school. My experience is that the teachers and office staff are petty, mean, unfair and disrespectful to the students. The teachers write kids up for the most stupid things. It is not a school for your kid if you care about your child's self-esteem. They kill any enthusiasm that the child may have for school. I have lost all respect for teachers because of these morons. I wonder where they get their teachers from because they sure don't act like they are very educated themselves.

We moved to Brentwood for the schools and have never felt like we made a mistake. Teachers are great and I think the quality of teachers and students make our sons better off than many other districts.

I normally do not write these types of reviews, but given the negative comments, I feel compelled to do so. I have two children attending WMS and it is one of the reasons we live in the Brentwood area. WMS is focused on education and has several clubs and extracurricular activities, which my children enjoy. I cannot speak for the experiences that other families and children have had, but my children rave about many of their teachers. Some teachers take a few chances when presenting lessons to their class, but that is the mark of a good teacher. A teacher that simply reads a lesson plan and gives a "grey" lecture will not connect with pre-teens and teens. Those that are passionate about their material, those that try to grab the focus of their classes, and find creative ways to convey lessons are teachers that are remembered. I have seen both of my children be inspired by moments and teachers. For me, that is what makes this school great. Of course, WMS is not perfect and I am not always thrilled with the mandated curriculum (but that is a systemic issue, not WMS'). Overall, I am very happy with the level of education my children are receiving at WMS.

It is great and the choir is the best in the world. If you ask anyone they would tell you it is better than the real thing no matter what we are doing. But no one records it so it will be a forgotten memory someday, and that makes me cry.

My son has spent three years at Woodland Middle School and it has done absolutely nothing but make his life worse. As woodland middle school progressively got worse, my son found it difficult to maintain good grades due to the teachers using unorthodox and terrible methods of teaching which students absoulutely learn nothing from. On top of having grumpy, below average teachers, Woodland Middle School has maintained to have the worst staff I've ever seen in a public school. My son got in trouble for things he didn't do, and there was nothing we could do about it due to the staff being extremely lazy and stubborn when it comes to resolving problems. Wms is the laughing stock of Williamson County "award winning school", yeah right.

The person below me does not know what they're talking about. Heck, a WMS staff member probably wrote that. I am a student at woodland middle school, and all of the problems I've seen reported in other reviews of this school are true. In fact, most of the eighth graders hate the school because of the extremely strict staff, teachers who pick favorites and make it hard to learn for many students, and the fact that they have threatened a certain group in our grade with serious punishments for simple things such as making noises during lunch. Every other student finds it funny, yet the staff enjoys making the school miserable for everyone. Woodland Middle School is mediocre, at best. It's a terrible school and schools like Brentwood Middle School, and Sunset middle school are accurate representations for what middle schools should be like.

We are in our second year at Woodland, and so far it has been a great fit for my child. Her 6th grade team of teachers found a balance of challenging the students but still having fun, so that my child did not realize how hard she was working. I have noticed a few of her 7th grade teachers pick their favorites, as someone else here mentioned. However, they are still excellent and fair teachers. I have found the teachers/administration to be very accessible and open to communicate when I have questions or concerns. To give you an idea of just how bright the student base is, 52% of the current 7th grade class was selected for the Duke TIP program. I've been impressed with the wide variety of clubs and activities available. No matter what your kid is interested in, there should be activities to help them plug in to the community. Because it is a very competitive base of students, it can be difficult to make the team if it involves a tryout. That applies to sports teams or academic teams; it s just a very talented group of students. I have not heard ANY reports of bullying, but there are a few jerks here and there.

This school is mediocre, it's extremely small, has bad teachers who don't care about the students, stubborn staff members who threaten students to file court orders against them for making noises, and discriminating certain groups of people. two teachers in the eighth grade are actually good, I'd suggest going to a private middle school, or brentwood middle school. Dont't enroll your kid in this school - a concerned parent

Last modified Woodland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.