Brentwood, TN

Posted May 02, 2015
We moved here before our children were even born for the great school system. Our first child is finishing kindergarten this year and it has been an amazing experience! Prior to enrollment, she knew ABC's and how to write her name, but didn't know sight words. She is now writing and reading books, has daily student-led science experiments and excels at addition and subtraction. Most importantly, she LOVES learning. She looks forward to school every day. Her teacher (who is unfortunately retiring) implements a wonderful positive-reinforcement behavior policy and welcomes parental involvement. I can't say enough good things about the school and her teacher.

Grassland Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2015
We moved to this area for the schools. My daughter went to kindergarten and we were dismayed at the lack of academic curriculum. Kindergarten was a repeat of everything she just learned in her two day a week preschool. We talked with the teacher many times and the principal. I agree with one of the reviewers about the sugary snacks, movie watching, and an administration that tries to hide the bad stuff. When I met with the principal she told me 98% of parents were happy with the quality of education, the number of movies they watch on a daily basis, and the sugary snacks the kids are given as educational incentives. Basically, she tried to make me feel I was the only one complaining. Later, I met other parents who had tried to complain about the same thing and got the same response from the administration. 1st grade parents also told me that the academic challenge didn't get a whole lot better in 1st grade compared to kindergarten. We couldn't go through another year of that so I decided to homeschool my child this year. She has excelled and gets to have fresh air and limited treat consumption.

Posted September 20, 2013
We love this school! It's a very friendly, sweet school with wonderful teachers who care.

Posted July 21, 2012
This is a wonderful, top-notch school. We have had nothing but great experiences with all the teachers and staff. We are going to miss everyone when we move up to the middle school. Everyone is very professional and the academics are outstanding.

Grassland Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2012
Caring teachers and parents can't offset an administration that tries to suppress the bad stuff. We found out months after it happened that a girl with a strong peanut allergy in kindergarten had peanut butter spread all over her lunch box in the cafeteria and later all over her cubbie. We didnt hear a word about it - nothing. We later heard she was almost hospitalized because of the second incident. My child knew the family and when we spoke to them, they said they felt guilty about their daughter's problem after speaking to the principal and assistant principal. Huh? Felt guilty?!! A school gets great ratings if everything is hushed up.

Posted July 17, 2011
The academics in this elementary school are so high that it ranks Grassland Elementary School as the 2nd BEST elementary school in the state of Tennessee. Outstanding Teachers, Awesome parent involvement, After School Clubs growing ever year, each classroom has the newest in technology, community support is incredible....this is what parents pay for in a private school education, BUT it is a public school and one of the best! I've been in private and other elementary schools in Tennessee, Texas, and Missouri....Grassland is hands down the best my children have experienced.

Posted July 17, 2011
Want the definition of a Great School? Grassland Elementary. This is a school where teachers truly care about each individual student. Grassland Elementary has a perfect partnership between students, teachers and the community. All work toward common goals of teaching children to become their very best and to become valuable, responsible citizens of their community. Grassland Is a Great School!

Posted March 25, 2010
Like the song...One Bad Apple society show always remember and understands when reading such reviews that 1 negative report has a louder voice than the positive remarks. Generally unhappy people make noise while the happy carry on. Most community members are please with Grassland Elementary. Top teacher qualified in their field and bring the best to the classroom. It is the teacher and the parent working together to bring the best for the child that is what make GES the best overall elementary on this side of Williamson County. I have always thought of GES as a private school setting, but public and not having to pay the tuition! I would not send my children any where else! Kudos to the teachers --you make this school outstanding and bring the best in all grade levels--especially 5th grade!

Posted March 25, 2010
We can't say enough good things about Grassland Elementary and our experience in 5th grade! Outstanding teachers! The 5th grade teachers my family experienced brought their educational strengths to our children. Our children were challenged academically and were very prepared to enter into middle school. Thank you GES fifth grade teachers! The choices for private and public schools in the area are great but we researched and chose to move to our current neighborhood because it is zoned for GES. Excellence is taught here! Parent involvement, dedicated teachers, high test scores, and supportive administration. The teachers are outstanding due to their administrative support. Dr. Gordon and Dr. Juarez bring leadership to the staff and work daily to build a strong learning environment.

Grassland Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2010
Not impressed at all. We moved to this area of town for the schools and we are going with private schools next year for all three of our children who are attending GES this year. Apparently this school has seen its better days.

Grassland Elementary School
6803 Manley Lane, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Grassland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grassland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top