Posted August 07, 2014
Best scores, best leadership, best school--we visited all Nashville area private schools and BMS was the best in every category. We are beginning our 2nd year this Fall and are extremely pleased with the faculty and students as well as the academic challenge and progress of our son.

Posted April 19, 2014
When I first entered BMS, I was excited for a great experience, and all I got was three years of quite possibly the worst school experience anyone could recieve. The teachers have no interest, the administration doesn't care about how you enjoy school, yet if your grades are high or not. I do not recommend this school to your child, and the fact it claims to be the best middle school in the country is absolute nonsense.

Posted August 11, 2009
I have to say that we have had a wonderful experience at BMS. Dr. Kendrick was amazing. She kept order in the school and held each child responsible for their behavior. This is something I have found lacking in many of the parents of the students who required her attention. I know that Mr. Harlin will continue to maintain the high standards we expect. My daughter is academically gifted and she is also comfortable in social settings. She had many opportunities to join a variety of clubs, groups, and sporting teams. I am so impressed with BMS and would highly recommend it to any family. If you want an environment where your child's independence will be encouraged, jump in!

Posted July 01, 2009
I am a seventh grader at BMS, and my experience is not as bad as these parents make it out to be. some say it is not exciting, well it is a school, you go to learn, not to go treasure hunting. If you want excitement, go to metro, where there are gangs and severely below average test scores, everyday will be and adventure! The teachers are really nice and the system is adapted to your pace of learning. There are many after school programs and no, sports is not the main focus, not even close. Some of the field trips are a tad boring, but your supposed to learn, not have and exorbitant amount of fun. No, the teachers are not mini hitlers and the rules ar not harsh. Those who say BMS is average have been spoiled by brentwood, go anywhere else and see how it's much above average.'also'the'test'scores'are'amazing'and'if''you'are'looking'for'agood'education'come'here'i'am'using'apostrophes'because'of'the'150'word'limit'

Brentwood Middle School 0

Posted June 30, 2008
Brentwood middle school is okay it has great acedemic opportunities but the school is kind of boring we do not have anything fun at the school. My son has attended this school for all three years and he has never really told me one fun thing he did. He also said that all the field trips were pretty bad he said the only on he really enjoyed was going to treemont in the sixth grade. If you want just a ordinary go to school go home, kind of middle school experience come to this school but if you want a middle school experience you will never forget do not come to the school.

Brentwood Middle School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
I agree with the parent who commented that the Principle of BMS is cold. I must also say that the female vice principle is not any better. I have witnessed disturbing & degrading comments from her to students. There is no reason for that! As for teachers, we've been pleased with all the teachers my child has had over the past two years at BMS. I'd give BMS 4 stars....because of administration I can't give 5.

Brentwood Middle School 1

Posted March 01, 2008
BMS pays too much attention to sports when compared to academics. The principal is cold and aloof. The disciplinary system is harsh and unfair.

Posted February 29, 2008
As a parent of a 7th grader, I have been very disappointed with the overall experience. The political correctness in ridiculous. Being 'selected' for sports teams is very not objective and appears unfair and the principal is a dictator. A good number of parents in Brentwood send their children to the public elementary schools, skip BMS and then return for the High School. That is how bad it is. Many of the teachers appear to be more interested in 'policing' than teaching. Demerits are the order of the day for the smallest of offenses. It could easily be confused for the British Navy, circa 1800. All the field trips since 6th grade have involved Black History month and making pilgramages to Atlanta and the Civil Rights museum. Of course the kids were basically 'color-blind' and did not care until the do-gooders had to inform them that they were all racists!

Posted January 29, 2008

Brentwood Middle School 3

Posted January 01, 2008
I attended BMS all three years of middle school and completed 8th grade in 2007. Nothing is that great about this school besides that it's a Blue Ribbon School and students will get a great education that will prepare them for high school and beyond. School life outside of the classroom can be unsatisfactory as the administration (including principal Dr. Kay Kendrick) is unresponsive to complaints and comments, and my peers at BMS had a reputation for its cliqueyness. Many bad apples of teachers exist at BMS along with some very bright teaching talent. BMS athletics are in the top tier of HVAC competition in almost all sports although it suffers from much disorganization. Also, the dismissal system is a mess, and the BMS fine arts program continues to be weak yet improving. Government obesity crackdowns have caused the school lunch food to dramatically decrease in quality compared to when I first started attending BMS, and the decades-old main building continues to detoriorate. Overall, BMS has nothing to truly offer besides a good education for your middle-schooler.

Brentwood Middle School
5324 Murray La, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Brentwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top