Brentwood, TN

Brentwood Academy 4

Posted February 17, 2012
As a student here at BA, I believe that this school has several strengths, and several weaknesses. In order to effectively organize the many aspects of high school life, I will give my rating for all the various aspects along with an explanation. Academics A- As great as 12 state football championships, or world-class training facilities seem, when it comes down to it, the most important thing you should look for in school is the academics. MOST of the teachers I have had have been nurturing and challenging to me which I have greatly appreciated. Although I would appreciate a better variety of AP classes, I am very impressed with the wide selection of courses. The main downside to their academic program is the teacher/coaches. In my four years at BA 1 out of 8 of my teachers that were also coaches have been satisfactory. The rest have been lazy, and not truly focused on teaching. Athletics C- As famous as BA is for their athletic program, I truly believe it is their main downfall. Students receive playing time based on how much their parents donate to the school, and how great of friends their parents are with the coaches. The facilities are great though. Spiritual A

Posted August 06, 2009
BA has been a great fit for my child. She needed to be challenged academically and I feel the honors courses at the middle school level have been great in preparing her for H.S. and college. The school personnel has also offered a loving and christian environment during the difficult middle school years!

Posted June 26, 2009
We have been disappointed with the school. The overemphasis on athletics continues to this day. Academics are okay but dont rank with the best, and given the cost of tuition I would hope for better. There are some wonderful kids and the school but the student body is very homogenous - if you exclude the athletes.

Posted August 26, 2008
Incredible school. Yes, the athletics are very good, why would people complain about that? This creates great school spirit and pride for athletes and students in the stands. There is not separation between the athletes and non-athletes like other posts say. The family atmosphere you get here can not be compared with MBA, Harpeth Hall, and Ensworth. Those three schools offer incredible education, but from what I have heard, they do not teach students about relationships, and character. Brentwood Academy was like a family to me, from the students, to the coaches, to the teachers. I have graduated from college, and still communicate with several coaches and teachers. I can not say enough how much these adults affected me as a young man.

Posted July 18, 2008
I am a graduate of this school and a former Student Body President. Like any other endeavor in life, you will get out of this experience what you put into it. The beauty of this school is the atmosphere that fosters achievement and participation. They recognize you are NOT an island, but must work with others, be it in athletics or the classroom or other activities. The school is not designed to be as intense academically as a few others around town, but you CAN receive as good of an education. The focus is on being well rounded and experience more than just one aspect of your life's journey. When I went, we had to clean up the school ourselves. Honestly, I now appreciate that as being one of the best ways to respect property and learn humility. It also fostered an air of equality as NO ONE was exempt.

Brentwood Academy 1

Posted July 05, 2008
This school, is only focused on athletics. They say they teach Christianity, Athletics, and Academics equally! Well, thats not true! The academics they teach are about hmm.....a third grade level! but hey!...the students are pretty good athletes, and the teachers are sarcastic!

Brentwood Academy 3

Posted October 19, 2007
I'm a freshman at Brentwood Academy. I have had a terrible experience with the academic program. If you're not the best, your not worth anything. Disreguarding the althetic program, the teachers are great and i'm learning so much. My brother who gratuated a couple years ago says college iss easier compared to Brentwood Academy and they really set you up for whats coming next in your life wheather it be spiritual or academic.

Posted February 16, 2007
I can give you the student perspective. I graduated from BA in 2005 and I absolutly loved my time there and I couldnt amagine being anywhere else. And just for the record, the previous posters remark about the sprituality at BA being a joke is preposterous. The spiritual life department is amazing, I grew so much as a Christian. Yes I admit athletics are big at BA, football season is very dominant. However thats not the only thing BA excells in or is known for. The fine arts department is incredible, before you judge BA as a 'sports school' I dare you to pick up a copy of the Academy Singers CD or see a play,you will be amazed. Any of your children would be lucky to go there, you wont find the 'BA Family' at MBA or Ensworth. I attend UT now and still am close with my BA Friends

Posted February 27, 2006
This school has met my expectations in all aspects. I've got two children currently attending and one that has graduated. This school provides my children with academic challenges, physical challenges and has given them a spiritual purpose outside church. The teachers nurture the student but also challenges them to be the best they can be. The leadership of both the upper and middle school are top notch. Always available never hidden in their office. They also teach and counsel the students. Fall of 2006 there will be a fine arts building built for music, art, drama etc. The school fine arts program is just as solid as athletics. Athletics is a big part of the students life. Not just school team events but the overall health of the student. Brentwood Academy believes a healthy student will succeed in the classroom and become a healthy adult, as Jesus wants us to be.

Posted January 15, 2006
My son is currently in the 6th grade at BA. He absolutely loves it! Prior to our first visit, we had heard that BA was primarily geared for athletes so we were a little skeptical. Though athletics are a focus, there is greater emphasis on academics and spirituality. The top notch teachers constantly challenge the students to go beyond there perceived limits and to always use there God given abilities. My son is also a band member. We could not have found a better school!

219 Granny White Pike, Brentwood, TN  37027