Brentwood, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted July 24, 2013
We will soon begin our sixth year at this school, and my children continue to be motivated, engaged and instructed by professional and caring faculty that use strategies that are specific to each their needs and interests. Additionally, my children don't need hours of tutoring each week like many students at other private schools in the area because my children are actually learning in the classroom. The smaller class size makes a huge difference in how much "instruction and learning time" each child receives.

Currey Ingram Academy 4

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter attends CIA and loves the school. She has made many new friends. The classes are small and she gets all the attention she needs to assist her with her social challenges. Academically, a public school could not compare to the depth of testing and intervention a child gets if they need it. My daughter's teachers are fabulous. The speech therapists are amazing. Everything is like a dream for the parent of any child, whether a child with autism, like mine, or whether a child has no academic challenges!

Currey Ingram Academy 1

Posted January 21, 2013
The school is a constant disappointment. Some of the teachers are very mean and grumpy, but not always. It is obvious that the payment going towards the food is largely taken and put into profits for the school. The grades that students recieve are only because of an extremely non challenging curriculum because the teachers do not care.

Posted October 31, 2011
Currey Ingram was worth the move from Seattle! A Beautiful school , patient and truly caring teachers and staff, extremely well educated yet not stuffy. The curriculum is completely tailored to our children and fine tuned to their learning styles. They feel very understood by everyone. I know I would have loved a school like this when I was young!

Posted November 01, 2010
I can't say enough about Currey Ingram. I NEVER thought my daughter would be able to go to school without an aide, but she's been at CIA since Kindergarten and is not only going to school without an aide but THRIVING. Fantastic environment. Everyone who works here goes well out of their way to make sure your child has everything they need. I cannot imagine what our lives would be like without Currey Ingram, but I do know it would be a lot harder. My daughter feels supported, loved, and encouraged here. We're here for good!

Posted October 20, 2010
This is a fantastic school with tremendous support for parents. In addition to creating a wonderful environment for classroom learning, there are a tremendous amount of after school activities like nothing I have ever seen at any other private school. CIA is a true blessing for children with learning difficulties.

Posted October 14, 2010
Our two children, now in 6th and 8th grade, have been at Currey Ingram Academy since they were in Kindergarten and First Grade, respectively. This is an outstanding school that looks at the whole child -- academically, socially and physically -- and creates an individualized learning plan to help them achieve their goals and attain success. Class sizes are kept small in order to maintain that individualized instruction, there are numerous enrichment and extracurricular activities, and the teachers are outstanding. We can't rate this school high enough, and we are grateful every day for how Currey Ingram has helped our children.

Posted October 11, 2010
Currey Ingram Academy has the most qualified and loving faculty and staff that offer individualized education, based on the ability level and strengths and weaknesses of each of their students. The small class sizes offered my daughter the opportunity to work to her true potential level in all of her classes, to build confidence, and to feel supported and cared for. They have a huge range of enrichment opportunities in the arts, technology and sports, starting in kindergarten through student's senior year. What a wonderful thing as a parent to see your child excited about school, proud and happy with themselves, and achieving to their true potentail. I can't rate it high enough.

Posted October 11, 2010
This school is one of the best schools in the entire country. It has absolutely changed the life of our son and our life as a family. The faculty and staff are some of the most dedicated, talented, and inspiring people we have ever met. Although the tuition is high, it is worth every penny and then some. Our son is blossoming into the child we knew he could be thanks to this amazing school. I literally cannot rate it high enough.

Currey Ingram Academy 3

Posted June 27, 2010
I can't really "rate" this school because it depends on the child. Ours needed a little support because of dyslexia, but we felt 3 years was enough. Pros - children learn to accept others as they are, no tolerance for teasing or bullying, accessible teachers Cons - there *really* are a lot of students with behavioral and emotional issues, they should cut the prizes as that seems ridiculous in this environment, too much focus on the children of donors/potential donors, there are too many spoiled, rich kids whose parents can afford CIA-- I ended up being concerned about the peer group.

Currey Ingram Academy