K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Posted March 04, 2016
Currey Ingram has been truly transformative for our son (and, by extension, our entire family). Words cannot begin to express the outstanding results (academically, emotionally and socially). The entire faculty continues to exceed our expectations and the care they consistently demonstrate is genuinely amazing. We wholeheartedly recommend Currey Ingram Academy without any reservation.

Posted August 13, 2015
We are so fortunate to have this school in Nashville. Our daughter was hiding under the radar at her prior school and had become embarrassed that she couldn't read the same books as her peers. Her self-esteem was faltering. Within her first few months at Currey Ingram she went from reading picture books with three sentences out loud to reading chapter books for sheer pleasure. I never realized how much of a science learning is, and how differently each child processes information. Our daughter has since been diagnosed with dyslexia, yet academically she is making great strides. Most importantly, she is learning how she learns - and how to advocate for herself. Their skill at customizing a curriculum just for my child is frankly a gift that I wish every child could have. Yet the biggest difference in our daughter was in her confidence. At Currey Ingram they focus on your child's strengths and as a result, our girl just blossomed right before our eyes. She feels accepted. She is among peers who share some of her same learning differences. And she loves school. So many of her peers have moved from out of state just to attend this special school and we have it right in our backyard. As I said, we are most fortunate indeed.

Currey Ingram Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 13, 2015
There is a level of expertise at Currey Ingram that is unprecedented. The types of learning differences these children have requires very specific skill sets. Many of the teachers have advanced degrees. They are very passionate about their work and it shows.

Posted August 12, 2015
The staff at Currey Ingram is professional, creative and smart. They are nurturing and create an atmosphere where children can succeed. Their ability to create an individualized learning plan tailored to my son's specific needs has given him a great education and fostered high self esteem. It is an amazing school and I am so thankful we have it in Nashville.

Currey Ingram Academy 2

Posted May 29, 2015
Although Currey-Ingram is promoted as the best all around school for students with learning challenges, we found this wasn't the case. After 3 years and $90,000, we discovered through a 3rd party assessment that our son--who we were told throughout the 3 years was just one grade level behind in reading (6th grade level); was actually reading at 2nd grade level! The teachers at Currey-Ingram are under-paid and not qualified. Even after talking to the headmaster regarding this travesty there was no accountability. The high priced tuition goes to the buildings/grounds -- but there is little intervention to help struggling students. Save your money and find a better institution—one that cares more about the students then the buildings their classes are held in.

Posted July 24, 2013
We will soon begin our sixth year at this school, and my children continue to be motivated, engaged and instructed by professional and caring faculty that use strategies that are specific to each their needs and interests. Additionally, my children don't need hours of tutoring each week like many students at other private schools in the area because my children are actually learning in the classroom. The smaller class size makes a huge difference in how much "instruction and learning time" each child receives.

Currey Ingram Academy 4

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter attends CIA and loves the school. She has made many new friends. The classes are small and she gets all the attention she needs to assist her with her social challenges. Academically, a public school could not compare to the depth of testing and intervention a child gets if they need it. My daughter's teachers are fabulous. The speech therapists are amazing. Everything is like a dream for the parent of any child, whether a child with autism, like mine, or whether a child has no academic challenges!

Currey Ingram Academy 1

Posted January 21, 2013
The school is a constant disappointment. Some of the teachers are very mean and grumpy, but not always. It is obvious that the payment going towards the food is largely taken and put into profits for the school. The grades that students recieve are only because of an extremely non challenging curriculum because the teachers do not care.

Posted October 31, 2011
Currey Ingram was worth the move from Seattle! A Beautiful school , patient and truly caring teachers and staff, extremely well educated yet not stuffy. The curriculum is completely tailored to our children and fine tuned to their learning styles. They feel very understood by everyone. I know I would have loved a school like this when I was young!

Posted November 01, 2010
I can't say enough about Currey Ingram. I NEVER thought my daughter would be able to go to school without an aide, but she's been at CIA since Kindergarten and is not only going to school without an aide but THRIVING. Fantastic environment. Everyone who works here goes well out of their way to make sure your child has everything they need. I cannot imagine what our lives would be like without Currey Ingram, but I do know it would be a lot harder. My daughter feels supported, loved, and encouraged here. We're here for good!

Currey Ingram Academy