Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Kenrose definitely does not deserve the great reputation it seems to enjoy. When we moved to the area, we picked the house where we lived based on our daughter getting the best educational experience possible. We kept hearing how great Kenrose was. After a year and a half, I can say that Kenrose has been quite a disappointment. The emphasis seems to be almost completely on getting all students to achieve a safe level of mediocrity, hence giving the school good performance numbers so they can claim excellence. The truth is that if you have a bright child who has the potential to excel if challenged, you will be greatly disappointed here. As I said, the focus here is on everyone doing "ok" so the school can win its little awards and pat itself on the back. The school is a very closed environment...it is clear that family involvement and participation is unwelcome compared to other schools we have experienced. It's too bad, because an involved community is the best resource a school can have. I know we're not alone in feeling this way...every parent I have talked with about Kenrose feels the school is mediocre. As for the disconnect between reputation and reality, all I can think of is that most Tennessee schools are so bad (look up the numbers) that Kenrose is pretty good by that sad comparison. We are huge believers in public education, but if we had to do it all over again, we would move to a different area and put our daughter in private school.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Leadership is focussed on winning awards and getting good scores rather than providing a rounded educational experience.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is focussed strictly on standardized testing and creativity plays no role.

Should you choose to send your child to this school you will probably end up either moving house or paying private school fees.

I have 2 children attending Kenrose currently. I would advise prospective parents to look elsewhere. There is a huge amount of inconsistency within grade levels. If you are lucky enough to get a good teacher then you can expect a decent standard of teaching with adequate homework and a welcoming classroom environment. If you get a poor teacher then you will find Kenrose to be a closed environment run by a principal whose key focus is to defend poor performance on the part of her teaching staff. Kenrose is an award winning school it is true but one can only assume that this is down to a talent for working the system and ticking the necessary boxes as opposed to a genuine desire to create a school environment that challenges brighter students while bringing on those that are struggling. Bringing up the weaker students wins awards. If your child is bright, expect them to fend for themselves! If this school is a flagship for Williamson County, you might want to consider living elsewhere!

I love Kenrose! My son is entering 2nd Grade and he has learned so much - not just academics but kindness and discipline as well. I am sad to see other reviews that talk about lack of attention and kindness - this has not been our experience at all! There are families with $$$ in Brentwood, true. We are not one of them, but I have never felt discriminated against because of that. I have volunteered in the classroom and attended events and meet other families - this is a school where there is a LOT of parent participation so if you are able to show up you will get to know folks. I realize some may not be able to be there during the day but there are lots of evening activities to accommodate working moms/dads. I will say that sometimes being in a school cluster like Kenrose has caused me to confront my own tendency to compare and see if I measure up but just showing up and being present has shown me that parents with expensive clothes and important titles are just parents too! I've met some great people in this community. Friend's kids are in schools who can't raise $ and don't have volunteers like Kenrose and it is sad how it effects their opportunities. So thankful for Kenrose!

My daughter has been at Kenrose since moving from CO in March of 2013. She is now a 5th grader. I have been nothing but disappointed in the school, the staff, the lack of care and attention, and the un-inviting feel they gave us as a new family. Her 4th grade teacher assumed she was up-to-speed w/ the curriculum so she let her slip through the cracks. After MUCH fighting, I finally received an apology and extra help. My daughter is bright, she just needed to learn the systems, the expectations, and the general groove of the school. Why did I have to fight for that to happen? I've told teachers, the principal, the WC Superintendent, Asst Superintendent, and the WC HR Director how unfortunate our experience has been. WC may be the best in TN but that isn't saying much. Both Kenrose and my sons HS are FAR below our standards! I fear we'll have the same nightmare in middle school. Kenrose has definitely stained our perception of this county. If looking to move here, I highly recommend another school; one that not only excels in academics but offers a caring and family-friendly environment to ALL families, not just the families with money. I couldn't be more disappointed in Kenrose.

Interesting stat...if you eliminate the teachers, the student-parent score is 3.7, hardly the best based on this sample.

Fantastic school! Great staff and programs. Dedicated principal and leadership. Encourages and helps children to do their best and develop their potential.

Teaching at Kenrose is an absolute joy. As of last year we were the largest elementary school within Williamson County. Our International population is impressive, which makes for a very diverse learning environment! I am not familiar with the no water bottle rule as someone else previously stated, this may have been simply a preference by one specific teacher.

Last modified Kenrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.