Posted August 07, 2014
I love Kenrose! My son is entering 2nd Grade and he has learned so much - not just academics but kindness and discipline as well. I am sad to see other reviews that talk about lack of attention and kindness - this has not been our experience at all! There are families with $$$ in Brentwood, true. We are not one of them, but I have never felt discriminated against because of that. I have volunteered in the classroom and attended events and meet other families - this is a school where there is a LOT of parent participation so if you are able to show up you will get to know folks. I realize some may not be able to be there during the day but there are lots of evening activities to accommodate working moms/dads. I will say that sometimes being in a school cluster like Kenrose has caused me to confront my own tendency to compare and see if I measure up but just showing up and being present has shown me that parents with expensive clothes and important titles are just parents too! I've met some great people in this community. Friend's kids are in schools who can't raise $ and don't have volunteers like Kenrose and it is sad how it effects their opportunities. So thankful for Kenrose!

Kenrose Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2014
My daughter has been at Kenrose since moving from CO in March of 2013. She is now a 5th grader. I have been nothing but disappointed in the school, the staff, the lack of care and attention, and the un-inviting feel they gave us as a new family. Her 4th grade teacher assumed she was up-to-speed w/ the curriculum so she let her slip through the cracks. After MUCH fighting, I finally received an apology and extra help. My daughter is bright, she just needed to learn the systems, the expectations, and the general groove of the school. Why did I have to fight for that to happen? I've told teachers, the principal, the WC Superintendent, Asst Superintendent, and the WC HR Director how unfortunate our experience has been. WC may be the best in TN but that isn't saying much. Both Kenrose and my sons HS are FAR below our standards! I fear we'll have the same nightmare in middle school. Kenrose has definitely stained our perception of this county. If looking to move here, I highly recommend another school; one that not only excels in academics but offers a caring and family-friendly environment to ALL families, not just the families with money. I couldn't be more disappointed in Kenrose.

Kenrose Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2013
Interesting stat...if you eliminate the teachers, the student-parent score is 3.7, hardly the best based on this sample.

Posted October 18, 2013
Fantastic school! Great staff and programs. Dedicated principal and leadership. Encourages and helps children to do their best and develop their potential.

Posted July 26, 2013
Teaching at Kenrose is an absolute joy. As of last year we were the largest elementary school within Williamson County. Our International population is impressive, which makes for a very diverse learning environment! I am not familiar with the no water bottle rule as someone else previously stated, this may have been simply a preference by one specific teacher.

Kenrose Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2013
I hated this school. When i moved to Tennessee my parents wanted only THE best education in the state. Everybody said this was the school to go to. Haha very funny. The staff was cold and had ridiculous rules. (like how we had to keep water bottles in our backpacks during the school day and not at our desk because they might spill.) It's an unhappy place and I switched schools at the end of the year. And too much "teaching to TCAP" all the teachers cared about was TCAP ALL YEAR. please don't make your child go here.

Posted November 17, 2012
My husband and I could not be more proud that our son attends Kenrose! We are very pleased with how well our son is doing and that he has enjoyed his first year as a Kindergartner! The staff are friendly, professional, and create a wonderful environment for learning!

Kenrose Elementary School 2

Posted June 07, 2011
My heart still sinks when I think about our family's experience when our son entered Kinder here. Not all might have the same experience but here's a glimpse @ mine. I did not feel like I was a partner/involved/appreciated in my child's education. It was not an inviting environment for children or families...except if u wanted 2 raise funds for the school then u had privileges & access but had 2 b sort of initiated by the parents who had been @ the school longer. I have a degree in education & my son was reading in pre-school. At our teacher conference the veteran teacher said that our son does not know his ABCs ("he said them too fast so I could not give him credit"). She did not ask him to say them again slowly. I asked what his learning style was (this is important in order to know how to best teach) & she said it was too soon for her to tell (2+ mo). My son started 2 become introverted & afraid of speaking up. He would cry if I would ask things like why can u no longer take water 2 school (no! mom the teacher said no...teary eyed). In class they discussed guns & killing (via DARE program) but no note was sent home to inform the parents. We pulled him out by November.

Posted April 29, 2009
my daughter is happy there since her first day: as an international student, the ESL program there is excellent. Many interactive action is between teachers and parent

Posted July 17, 2008
I love teaching at this school and I'm so impressed with the parents and community support! I don't think you could find a better elementary school in Williamson County! The school is run with professionalism in a very nurturing environment.

Kenrose Elementary School
1702 Raintree Pw, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Kenrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenrose Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top