Montessori Academy

Private | PK-7 | 194 students

Living in Brentwood

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $371,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Sweep tile

Posted March 21, 2014

The hidden charges along with tuition fee were very annoying. Administration is very insensitive of parents concerns and needs. Very less individual care and attention to the students. Unsatisfactory performance. I will not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 7, 2014

Great School! Authentically Montessori and academically excellent. The teachers and administrators really care about the students and the community!

Posted February 5, 2014

My kids stayed in MA almost an year. The teachers are really nice but I had problem with the school administration. Administration is very insensitive to the needs of children and their parents. In my personal experience, I felt the administration tried to defend their staff instead of listening to the complains without getting the details.Our children deserve much better treatment if we are paying a high cost just for a nurturing environment. I will NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 3, 2014

Montessori is a really great place for our kids. They're treated like individuals and are always given the attention and care they deserve. They're learning good things while also having a lot of fun, and their learning is focused to their specific needs.

Posted January 21, 2014

The emphasis at MA is on personal growth and not competition. After 8 years at the MA, one of our children transitioned into a traditional classroom setting, and she is excelling far beyond our expectations! Her confidence to take on new challenges without the fear of failure is remarkable. My husband and I often say this is the best gift we could have given our children.

Posted December 16, 2013

I have recommended Montessori Academy to my friends and several are now enrolled. I feel like my children are able to learn in an encouraging environment where they learn to think independently. My kids are taught at the level that they are capable of learning, rather than being held back or pushed too hard. I also think that being in a classroom with the same teachers for 3 or 4 years allows the teachers to intimately know my children and understand their learning preferences. That kind of relationship cannot exist in a traditional schooling environment. I also love the friendships that my husband and I have formed with other parents. MA is truly a community unlike any other school I have experienced.

Posted December 4, 2013

Horrible administration! Bad communication with parents. They were so rude I took my child out ASAP. They do not give daily reports so I have no idea if montessori method was even a good method for my child. I would avoid this school too many great schools in Nashville to have to pay for such a horrible experience. His class was very inconsistent and had abrupt teachers quitting mid school year. Kids need consistency and this just wasn't consist. The only parent involvement was GIVE ME YOUR MONEY DONATE DONATE OR CLASS SNACKS. School needs a lot of growth.

Posted November 12, 2013

Wonderful teachers, individualized education and a great community. Montessori Academy is everything that a school should be!

Posted October 16, 2013

Providing our 2 children with a Montessori education is the best decision we have ever made. The Montessori Academy provides a child-centered environment that is driven by a desire to meet the specific educational needs of the child. Each child is able to work at a pace that supports their own developmental needs, therefore, building self-esteem and a lifelong love of learning. I love that the non-traditional approach to learning means my child gets to start their day with hands on work that they love while also being challenged to explore and possibly master things they may not be as comfortable with trying. The emphasis is on personal growth and not competition. After 8 years at the MA, one of our children transitioned into a traditional classroom setting, she is excelling far beyond our expectations! Her confidence to take on new challenges without the fear of failure is remarkable. My husband and I often say this is the best gift we could have given our children.

Posted August 21, 2013

Montessori Academy in Brentwood, TN has been amazing for my toddler. It has taught him independence, given him confidence and many practical life skills. I plan to keep him there through 8th grade. We could not be happier with the teachers and faculty.

Posted July 30, 2013

Fantastic results for my four year and eight year old. we have been attending for four years.

Posted January 17, 2013

My daughter is in her fourth year at Montessori Academy, and I could not be happier with her education. The faculty and staff have been very involved and approachable, and I know that my daughter would not be the caring, mature child she is without the school's influence. Also, the individualized style of learning has allowed my daughter to surge ahead in her reading. She is a first grader reading at a fourth grade level, and I know that she would have been held back by a traditional school setting. I highly recommend this school for any child.

Posted April 23, 2012

I was blessed to serve the community of Montessori Academy as a teacher for over fourteen years and to have my daughter attend the 3-6 year old program before my husband was transferred with his company out of state. There is a high level of expectation for each student to excel according to interest and ability. The love of learning is established and nurtured throughout the individual classroom environments.

Posted April 23, 2012

My son has attended MA in LE. A couple of years after searching for Montessori school's, I would like to add a review of my experience as the reviews on here were very helpful for my decision making. The positives are; our son has developed academically during his time at the school, we feel he has been challenged academically, the classroom is clean and orderly and the atmosphere is calm and has been a good place for my son to work. He enjoys the special classes, espcially music and art. There are many opportunities for parents to get involved at the school and the performances are always a treat. We've had a few issues over the past year or two, we agree that there is bullying, I think that's the case with most schools and I would have liked to have seen more effort made towards resolving our personal situation. The school has great amenities and we have a lot of respect for the work they do. Despite our tough times and the realization that the school is not what is best for our son at this point, I can still see it being a good environment depending on your expectations and your child's personal preferences. I do think it depends upon the individual experience.

Posted April 18, 2012

I just joined the team at Montessori this year and am very impressed, so impressed that I plan on enrolling my own child in the next semester. As far as bullying goes, this happens in all schools private or public. From what I have seen, bullying is taken very seriously and students are dealt with immediately.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 16, 2012

Montessori Academy is an extraordinary community of learning, growth, development, and opportunity. Having our daughter there for seven years (from 3-10 years old) has been a gift beyond expression. Were it not for a work-related relocation, she still would be there, too. What M.A. does so wonderfully is give kids the chance to grow and blossom in a safe and nurturing environment, a place where there is no ceiling limiting learning, no "you've got to wait until you're older" rebuke for talented and gifted students. At the same time, M.A. has a very diverse student body in all respects, one in which every student is steeped in the ways of listening, working together, and being part of a community. What an outstanding place!!!

Posted April 16, 2012

We have been going here since 2006 and have never experienced bullying that wasn't dealt with within a few hours. They teach the children conflict resolution at a young age with is invaluable for everyone. I wish adults could speak so well about problems and how to fix them. My son is around a year ahead of public schools in the same grade level and he isn't unusual around here, all of the kids are well above what public school expects. These children will be leaders as adults and that is what more school should strive to acheive.

Posted April 16, 2012

After 35 years teaching band in private and public schools in the Nashville area, I joined the Montessori Academy team last year as a part-time band director. I have found the students to be highly motivated, eager to learn, and respectful toward other students as well as teachers. It is a pleasure to work here with the other music teachers and enjoy the support and appreciation from the other teachers, parents and administrators as we lead students to a deeper understanding and appreciation for making music.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 16, 2012

My children attended here for a number of years and have done very well in their public schools (all honor roll and end-of-year academic awards at Woodland and Ravenwood) since needing to move for their upper years of school. They definitely learned a love for learning, conceptual skills that have aided them tremendously and have an excellent base. They have remained friends with multiple children from their Montessori Academy days and had a tremendous social experience as a result of the very nurturing and positive climate in the school. Their self-confidence and actual skills are far beyond what they would have been had they attended other skills in those formative years.

Posted April 16, 2012

Montessori Academy is a wonderful school that I highly recommend to all parents who put their kids first. The nurturing environment and sense of community allowed my children to be who they were intended to be and not what society wanted them to be. I wish that all kids had the opportunity to be educated here in this positive and diverse community where the sky is the limit. Thank you MA!

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • AMS
  • SACS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6021 Cloverland Dr