Posted December 08, 2014
Moved to Brentwood mid yr. Asked counselor to help son integrate. Went to school in Oct. Woman at the front desk is horrible. Started verbally telling me call trans dept, get physical, go to this website. Stopped her and asked if we could write these things down. She grudgingly wrote things on post its. Also said son could not go into band mid yr. Been in band since 5th grade! Arrived Jan to start, front desk said 1 physical wasn't enough needed 2. Made day miserable. 2? Said needed regular & sports. Stupid. Called Dr in TX begged them for help. 1 hr outside in cold trying to get it done. School nurse came out said they'd accept it this time. Didn't help him integrate, threw him in but he said liked teachers and classes. 2 wks in sons classes were chgd. He came home and said wasn't happy in new classes. Told him have to make the best of it, but went to asst prin to tell all. Said didn't know why we were told he couldn't start band in Jan, declined to comment on other. FIL passed in Oct of that 2nd yr told front desk we'd be gone Friday, would note from us be enough for excused absence. Said needed to bring flyer from funeral for proof. Had to shorten like crazy to fit all here!

Sunset Middle School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
Moved here from Nashville Metro schools. Kids had a GREAT 6th grade year. Made the transition from Elementary school easy.

Posted February 02, 2014
To parents of special needs children zoned for Sunset Elementary, Sunset Middle and Ravenwood High School -- if your child is bullied by the special education teache assisgned to him/her at Sunset Middle, and the Principal supports it, there's always homeschooling. So sad that a great school district like this has led me to do exactly that with my son. When he was in 9th grade, I put him back in public school at Ravenwood. Sunset Middle needs an administrative overhaul, badly. No educators should hate children as much as I've seen first-hand at this school. This school gets a 1 star rating, and deserves even less. They deserve a lawsuit for how my special needs son was treated.

Posted June 04, 2013
While there are some good teachers at this school, you just hope and pray you don't get a bad one. The front staff need classes on how to deal with the public or transfer to a different position in the school system that doesn't have to deal with people. Special needs children are bullied by students and staff. In fact the only joy my special needs child had at school was his ability to participate in a couple of sports, but he was banned from after school clubs because they didn't want "to deal with him" This whole atmosphere comes down from and is condoned by the head principle who rules with an iron fist and a cold heart. How people like him stay in education is beyond me! Maybe a better questions is why would he want to be in the education field if he cares so little for the education and wellbeing of our children.

Posted May 20, 2013
Review on 5/17/13 matches my experience exactly. Awful principal with anger management issues and staff that bordered on verbally abusive.

Posted May 17, 2013
This school is the worst school in Williamson County. The staff is not very polite and rude and tends to yell at students. My daughter came home everyday after school and would complain how the teachers would yell at her. The principal is the worst. He is not a very responsible man, has anger management issues, and is very short. We are not the only ones who have issues with this school, and I wish more people would stand up. This school is not a safe place. Of course there are some excellent teachers, but very few. Some teachers tend to not get along well. The education is great, but it's the people that make up the staff that bothers me.

Sunset Middle School 3

Posted March 04, 2013
We are in the tier and loved Sunset Elementary as well as Ravenwood High School. Unfortunately you have to go through the gauntlet of Sunset Middle to get there. There are too many teachers who were problems in other schools and who somehow were forced on our roles. Sadly, when teachers misbehave, there seems to be no consequences ... I know of one math teacher in 8th grade who ridicules students so much that two families I know pulled their children from the school to avoid him. There are bright spots in music, but you hold your breath when teams are assigned hoping to avoid the problem teachers.

Posted January 07, 2010

Sunset Middle School 0

Posted October 11, 2009
As a previous student, I soon found that the strongly enforced teachings that Sunset Middle school had based thier learning on, was superficial and did not well-equip me for highschool. The quality of teachers were poor, and too many of the teachers obviously did not get along with one another. I also noticed, that most teachers at Sunset were 'rejected' teachers from the nearby school 'Woodland' and that the amount of extra-activites was very limited. I hope in the near future, that Sunset will not only have better quality teachers but become a better school community in general.

Sunset Middle School 5

Posted April 07, 2009
This is a wonderful school. I have a child with speical needs. They have done a wonderful things for him. The teachers are wonderful. I would tell anyone to put your child in this school.

Sunset Middle School
200 Sunset Tr, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Sunset Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top