Posted October 09, 2014
Brighton High School is officially at an all time high. In the past years I have felt extremely highly of this school, but that has all changed. After a personal encounter with administration and other school leaders I am disappointed and dissatisfied with how certain situations are handled. It depends on who the child is and not the situation they are in. There is NO respect for parents and Administration is so focused on having each other's back they fail to do their jobs effectively.

Posted April 09, 2014
As a parent of twins currently attending BHS, I would like to thank the teaching staff. There is help for the children who SEEK extra help! My children have both taken advantage of the after school tutoring program for the subjects of geometry, algebra and pre calculus. Regarding the issue of favoritism, all schools will be alike. Teachers are only human - just like parents - we all enjoy the children who seek knowledge, don't go out of their way to cause problems and are fun to spend time with. I am thankful that I am able to send my children to a safe school with teachers who do push them to do well on the ACT which is a determining factor for college admission and scholarships.

Posted September 09, 2013
I know teachers at this school that don't like it or what it is about. It is really sad, watching a good teacher turn to a very poor one is something I thought I would never witness. Going to church and speaking to a teacher that says that the school is unfair and not somewhere she would want their students to attend is absolutely ludicrous.Hearing a teacher that works at the school say that her children go to Munford because there is a better education and stronger chance that your child will just blend in is heart breaking. This school needs a major renovation starting from the top! That means with the administrators! They all act like a bunch of over grown teenagers! Very dramatic over very small matters acting as their children act a lot differently. This school get the pathetic award!

Posted August 07, 2013
My daughter just graduated from BHS and I totally agree with teacher's post. My daughter has attended 4 schools outside Tipton county since she was 6. I believe Brighton High School is one of the best schools in Tn, and anyone tht disagrees are students who are wanting to slack without goals set for their future. They should b thankful to have a school this interested in their success. It could b so much worse, we would know, we've been in a school tht was the complete opposite. We are so invested in the Brighton school system, that we are selling our home n buying land to build a home n farm n Brighton. We could move anywhere in Tn. , be thankful, you don't realize what you got!!

Brighton High School 4

Posted May 02, 2013
As a teacher I've had the opportunity to teach at various schools,small and large,and Brighton ,like all other schools, has its own set of problems. Not all teachers are great not all students are great. One of the largest problems BHS has is apathetic students and quite possibly these are the earlier posters and their parents that are ripping Brighton. "Favorites" may exist because of work ethic and want to learn or just trying.Teachers love effort and attentive students. The ACT is a big focus but talk to state govt about that. Life is an opportunity, make what you will of it.It's not easy at times and whining doesn't help

Brighton High School 4

Posted April 30, 2012
The scores on tests at this school DO matter. They are very driven to making the students perform on the ACT. Maybe too driven. ACT is what gets the students into college, so it makes sense to push them in that area. They are one of the hardest schools in Tipton County, and also one of the best. Regarding bullying, my daughter was being bullied this year at this school. The school was VERY involved in ending that swiftly. They brought all the students involved to the office & talked to each one of them, then spoke with the parents and even other teachers. Then they called me over the next couple of months to check on my daughter to make sure that she was not still getting bullied. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA at this school. And she takes advanced, college prep courses and dual enrollment classes. She 'should' be on a 504 plan, but refuses. And she still made a 27 on the ACT. Granted, every school has their problems & sometimes they are just with certain teachers. This school has their share of bad teachers, just like all the others. But if you have a rowdy child that isn't interested in learning, send them somewhere else please! This school doesn't tolerate them well. :) Thank GOD!

Posted September 27, 2011
I am currently a sophomore at Brighton High and I am thrilled to be a Cardinal. I am inside this school every day, and I can most definitely say that this school provides a sense of security as well as family. We are now under new administration and they will not put up with some of thestuff our old principal did. I gave BHS a 5/5 because of the academics, school pride, and athletics. GO CARDINALS!

Posted September 02, 2011
Lack of leadership across the board. This school has reached a new low. However, if the student is a ball player or the child of a teacher then they are golden. Everyone else..... watch out. Education is not the primary goal here. I am truly shocked at how some of these teachers, coaches, and administrators have managed to remain employed. We moved to this area just for the schools, now we are looking to move elsewhere. For the military moving to this area, do your homework on Tipton County. If your not related to someone who works in the system or you haven't lived here for years, your children will not receive the same level of education or respect. Nepotism runs rampant here!

Posted September 02, 2011
Unsatisfactory is a complete understatement when it comes to this high school. Quite honestly, I am strongly inclined to agree with the preceding statement(s) made, and as a child in a military family that has not lived here all of his life, i can strongly assert the previous statements to be true. If you have any choice in the matter, go to Munford High School or be home-schooled. As a senior I am truly sad that my diploma has to bear the name of this deplorable institution.

Posted May 18, 2011
Brighton High School is not a good school. My son was doing somewhat ok at the middle school and it's worse at the High School. Once he fell behind in Math, no matter how hard we tried, the teachers could care less. When the teachers don't care, neither do the students. They never called when my son acted out or gave me any indication there was a big learning problem for him. I was only contacted through email, and they mainly discussed his attitude and never his grades. I DO NOT approve of inappropriate behavior and correct this as well as I can. After the first notice of his shirt untucked , that was it, it seemed he was singled out and that's when the acting out began. I'm VERY happy to say that he is EXCELLING in alternative school. Wish I could keep him there. Turns out the math course he was in at Brighton High wasn't even the right one because the other math programs were full! Math was his main problem and they put him in ADVANCED math classes. What a joke. I'm going to try and get him in at Munford and hope for a fresh start.

Brighton High School
8045 Hwy 51 South, Brighton, TN  38011
Last modified Brighton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brighton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top