Bad
Good

Posted May 28, 2008
My daughter just finished k-with the best teacher in the world, ms.Kirby taught my darling daughter to read , she caught a speech prob.I had her tested in pre k for.

Posted July 21, 2007
I'm a parent that has had all of my children attending this elementary school. THe teachers are great; academics excellent; and the principal is wonderful. They all work together as a team and also include the parents which is a wonderful transistion for a parent and the child. All of my three children have enjoyed this school very much. Now I only have one little girl left to attend and she really loves it, She will be in the first grade and can't wait to start.

Brighton Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2007
I currently have 3 children in Brighton Elementary School. Overall, my experiences with teachers and leadership have been top notch. One of my children requires a bit more challenging work to keep him interested. I struggeled with his first teacher this year for communication. It was a one way street from me to her. A conference, 3 trips to the school, and one to the school board, we have a new teacher and I am once again extreamly happy. Antoher childrequires extra help in reading and the literacy lab have done wonders with him. Without it I don't know where we would be. I sing Brighton Elementary praises. However, it is your responsiblity to stay involved. If not, as with any school, you child could be left behind. Get to know the teacher and have open communication with them. It will make your school experience much better.

Posted April 13, 2007
I can not say enough good things about Brighton schools. We moved here just because of the fantastic schools Brighton has. I have 2 kids in the Elementary. Top quality in all areas. A very careing and helpful faculity.

Posted June 05, 2006
Brighton Elementary is an excellent school. I have 2 children, one in kindergarten and one in 2nd grade. I have had positive experiences with all of the staff. The communication between the parents and teachers is incredible. The PTO is amazing. They are so involved and helpful. My children are performing above grade level due to the individualized attention they receive from the highly qualified staff. They also enjoy all of the support classes they take: music, P.E., library, computer, and art. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to the Tipton County area! Thanks to everyone at BES! What a great place to be!:)

Brighton Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2005
Honestly, I would give this school a 'so-so' rating. My daughter went to BES for K and 1st. Our neighborhood was rezoned and now she attends the new AES. BES staff 'wasn't' exceptionally friendly but I did love both her teachers. However, the Math curriculum is in much need of improvement. I can't help but believe that the poor foundation she received in Math is now leading to her problems with it. She has attended AES 2nd and now in 3rd grade. She is continually going down hill in Math and she started off loving the subject in 1st grade. I am not sure if either school is at fault here or if it's just a reflection of the Tipton Co. School system in general since their Math scores are always low statewide. Here's proof -http://www.k-12.state.tn.us/rptcrd02/index.asp

Brighton Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2005
My grandson went to this school last year after moving from Memphis, I thought Memphis schools were bad, but since he has gone here., his grades has fallen from A& B's to C & D's. Teacher's doesn't want to teach anymore. They write lessons on board, Student suppose to write them down and do the work themselves. We need BETTER TEACHERS. TEACHERs with degrees in what they are teaching. We need class rooms with less students so the students can get hand on hand teachings. Plus they need to pass a law on the BULLIES. NO Bulling! We should have stayed in Memphis.

Brighton Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2005
I moved to this area for the schools and I'm thrilled I did! With one child in 7th grade and one is 2nd, it helps to have teachers that are involved and interested in your child's learning and I feel that the Brighton staff are excellent in their efforts to keep our children on the right track! The staff at BES are helpful, courteous and friendly and strive to answer any questions that I may have or help resolve any problems that may arise. Keep up the good work! Lynn King

Posted March 08, 2005
I have 1 child at BES in Kindergarten and I could not ask for a better school. My daughter's teacher is above excellent and the administration and office personnel are first rate. I can't wait for the next several years! Thanks BES!

Brighton Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2004
After attending a good school where the whole staff and all the teachers were involved, This school doesn't compare. In the grades(k,1,4,5) my children have been in especially kindergarten, the communication and participation on the teacher's parts are lacking seriously. And the math program is horrible. The children basically teach themselves, at least in 4th and 5th. Most of the time the teachers don't even teach the math, they just help after the child has read the lesson and did the work alone. If I knew before about this school I would have picked a different district to live in. My children who are A and B students don't like the school and ask on many occasions to change schools.

Brighton Elementary School
1201 Old Highway 51 South, Brighton, TN  38011
Last modified Brighton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.