Posted February 01, 2014
Please see my review of their Special Needs classes. They are the best of the best!

Posted October 29, 2013
I Love My School. It Is Great. I am In 6th grade and Mrs. Ensor is Very Good and so is Ms.Cline. I am sad that i have to leave such a wonderful school next year, but parents it is an EXCELLENT school for all ages and grades Prek-6th. -Thanks Hannah Askea

Posted September 19, 2012
the best school in sullivan county could not be more pleased with all of the schools staff and curiculum

Posted July 06, 2012
I have to children that goes to Holston View. I was very happy with the school until the new principle came along. Yes the security is alot better but the teaching has gone down hill. When you are 5yr old and do not finish your morning work the kindergarten teacher would take their snack away. That is so wrong. And the teachers in other grades just wants the kids to teach theirselves because they have no intentions on helping the kids if needed.i will be so glad when we move out if the school district so i can place my children in a better school. There is a lack of teacher and parent communications. The teachers dont want to take the time to make sure the kids have their homework or to let the parents know they have homework.

Posted August 27, 2011
I have two children at Holston View and have had great experiences with both. The teachers have been very good and have not only taught my children well, but have also formed strong bonds with them. I have had the pleasure of interacting with the principal on several occasions and find him to be courteous, professional, and a tremendous asset to the school.

Posted August 25, 2011
When a child is in first grade, gets bullied on the bus by a sixth grader both to school and back from school and the bus driver or principle does nothing to stop the situation, I think the bus driver should be fired, the principle admonished by the school board or fired. Whena teacher takes the same child and after 2 weeks of school does not work with the child if a writing mistake is being made but punishes the child, then does not let that child use the restroom when they REALLY NEED to but says they all need to go together so they should hold it, the teacher is incompetent. At this point I have NO respect for this school. To me teaching is showing the right way and having the parent work with the child. Not punishing a child by keeping them in a recess and not letting them have their snack. I personally think the parents have a legal case and I hope it is persued.

Holston View Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
This is my second review. I posted the first when we moved into the Bristol area almost five years ago and feel that an update is necessary. Holston View has changed principals since the much-beloved one retired. The new principal is completely different in his philosophy and actions.The principal's attitude seems to be based on treating children like small adults. The children are not given appropriate credit for being fun-loving children and the atmosphere of the school has changed drastically to one that reflects a prison. I know that sounds harsh but many parents will agree. The attrition rate for HVE students to transfer to another school has been much higher than normal since the new principal arrived . I am considering transferring my three children as I am very disappointed in the changes made at Holston View. Complaints have been lodged with the schoool board but seem to be ignored. The teachers in prek - 2 are very good but the quality of teaching diminishes after grade 3 due to a few bad teachers that seem to affect the entire attitude. Elem. school should be full of fun and learning and Holston View has lost that somewhere along the way...very sad...

Posted April 20, 2011
I have two children in this school, and they love it. All of their teachers have been wonderful, caring, dedicated people. They provide a great environment for the struggling student as well as the gifted. The special area teachers and guidance counselor are all so very talented. I'm so pleased that my children's younger years will be spent in such a caring community school.

Holston View Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
The majority of the teachers are great. They spend their "after school" time tutoring students who may need extra help. They always go above and beyond their call of duty. Making school the funniest place of learning ever. Thank you too all of them!! It's people like this that has "never left a child behind". You're great in all you do.

Posted July 27, 2010
I do not feel that the teachers in this school give the students the time and attention they deserve. My child had a hard time keeping up and even told me that his teacher yelled at him a few times when he needed her help (Mrs. Boggs) acted unprofessional in my opinion and should have never yelled at my child just because he needed help with schoolwork. Is that not what she is there for?? I dont like the way I have been treated by staff either.

Holston View Elementary School
1840 King College Rd, Bristol, TN  37620
Last modified Holston View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holston View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.