Burns, TN

Posted October 28, 2013
There are things I love about the school and something's I don't. We have a new assistant principle , however. She is really nice. I think she is a breath of fresh air.

Stuart Burns Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2012
We started kindergarten this year, I have already been to the office/school 6 times. They are putting my 5 year old in a quiet room and sent him home one day. They treat these kids like they are in a boot camp. The princial Lisa Cooper is a looney!!!!! They really need to get someone in there who cares about the kids and not just her paycheck! My 5 year got suspended because the teacher which I have issues with in the 3 weeks he has been there said he tried to hit her. My son knows how to throw a punch and if he swung at her he woul dhave hit her!

Posted October 17, 2011
i'm very proud to have my kids attend sbes. i have 2 presently there and will have my third in a couple more years. my kids love their teachers and from what we have experced', they are very hands on. we are not one of the richer families with children in this school but i have not noticed a major difference in treatment by the staff. and any time i have needed help in the office they were very attentive and friendly. my favorite part so far has been the prek program. it has done wonders for mine and others children that i have talked to. i recommend this school to everyone i talk to with younger children and now that they are building a middle school it is that much better. maybe a highschool in the near future?

Posted May 12, 2011
My Oldest went to Stuart Burns for 5 yrs and is currently in high school, my youngest has also attended for the last 5 yrs. The last 2yrs have been a heartache! This WAS one of the most awesome schools in our county and has completely gone down hill with the new leadership there. The office staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. They treat you as if you have disease. Please don't go there on behalf of your child because regardless of why you are there, they will treat your child unfairly!! I am a firm believer in parents backing up the teachers and I also expect teachers and staff to work parents willing to be involved and dedicated to the children! Sadly, I will be so so grateful for this school year to end!!

Posted September 06, 2010
I went to old Burns. My three children have all attended Stuart Burns. Now my oldest is in high school, my middle child in jr. high, and my youngest still at Stuart Burns. Things have drastically changed for the worst. We have several years invested there and have watched as the place has digressed under the new leadership. The teachers, parents and assistant principal are all fantastic! We have had three great assistant principals now since this principal came along. We can't seem to keep them any more.

Posted September 24, 2009

Stuart Burns Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My children and now grandchildren attend this school and it is truly a school that loves it's students. It is like family is taking care of them.

Posted April 03, 2009

Stuart Burns Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2008
Not a good school for the challenging child. No child left behind will have your child bored to tears and in lots of trouble that isn't really anything but stuff kids do.

Posted May 31, 2008

Stuart Burns Elementary School
3201 Hwy 96, Burns, TN  37029
Last modified Stuart Burns Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stuart Burns Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top