Bad
Good

There are things I love about the school and something's I don't. We have a new assistant principle , however. She is really nice. I think she is a breath of fresh air.

We started kindergarten this year, I have already been to the office/school 6 times. They are putting my 5 year old in a quiet room and sent him home one day. They treat these kids like they are in a boot camp. The princial Lisa Cooper is a looney!!!!! They really need to get someone in there who cares about the kids and not just her paycheck! My 5 year got suspended because the teacher which I have issues with in the 3 weeks he has been there said he tried to hit her. My son knows how to throw a punch and if he swung at her he woul dhave hit her!

i'm very proud to have my kids attend sbes. i have 2 presently there and will have my third in a couple more years. my kids love their teachers and from what we have experced', they are very hands on. we are not one of the richer families with children in this school but i have not noticed a major difference in treatment by the staff. and any time i have needed help in the office they were very attentive and friendly. my favorite part so far has been the prek program. it has done wonders for mine and others children that i have talked to. i recommend this school to everyone i talk to with younger children and now that they are building a middle school it is that much better. maybe a highschool in the near future?

My Oldest went to Stuart Burns for 5 yrs and is currently in high school, my youngest has also attended for the last 5 yrs. The last 2yrs have been a heartache! This WAS one of the most awesome schools in our county and has completely gone down hill with the new leadership there. The office staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. They treat you as if you have disease. Please don't go there on behalf of your child because regardless of why you are there, they will treat your child unfairly!! I am a firm believer in parents backing up the teachers and I also expect teachers and staff to work parents willing to be involved and dedicated to the children! Sadly, I will be so so grateful for this school year to end!!

I went to old Burns. My three children have all attended Stuart Burns. Now my oldest is in high school, my middle child in jr. high, and my youngest still at Stuart Burns. Things have drastically changed for the worst. We have several years invested there and have watched as the place has digressed under the new leadership. The teachers, parents and assistant principal are all fantastic! We have had three great assistant principals now since this principal came along. We can't seem to keep them any more.

My children and now grandchildren attend this school and it is truly a school that loves it's students. It is like family is taking care of them.

Not a good school for the challenging child. No child left behind will have your child bored to tears and in lots of trouble that isn't really anything but stuff kids do.

My son cody went to school there last year, the old burns school is also where my husband and i went I only wish are son could have stayed there his grades was so much better, The teachers was so caring and understanding. My son misses SBES and wishes he was back to bad he has to go to VES now

I find this school to be more center around the children whose parent's have the most money. I speak this from my own personal experience growing up and attending this school along with the experience I have had with my own children, which is why my children no longer attend this school and will never attend it again.

Last modified Stuart Burns Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.