Cedar Hill, TN

Posted March 28, 2011
I used to work at Jo Byrns for 14 years...and absolutely loved it!!! I have 5 children 2 of which have already graduated from there one that will graduate in a year from now and 2 in the elementary school. I wish it could've stayed a k-12 school but there are so many people wanting to get their kids into this school system....that should tell ya something right there! Teachers are great and students are awesome! It's one big family! LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!

Posted June 06, 2010
The teacher and staff work really hard to help every student try and meet there goals in life while they are at Jo Byrns. It is a great school to attend

Jo Byrns High School

Posted September 22, 2009
I just graduated from Jo Byrns & it was an excellent school. There wasn't much trouble in this school because of the S.R.O. that worked there officer James. All teachers & staff tried to get to know you on a personal level & I really liked it.

Jo Byrns High School 1

Posted September 13, 2009
most of the new kids we get here are dopeheads and troublemakers and we shouldnt let them come to our remodeled school and let them tear it up for us good kids that try to make the school look good

Posted February 09, 2008
Best school in TN - the teachers go out of their way to help make sure the sudents do well.

Posted November 02, 2007
i love Jo Byrns. I believe we are like one big family and there is a very friendly atmosphere. It is the definition of 'southern hospitality'.

Jo Byrns High School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
this is a laid back school with hometown people. everyone knows everyone. i like that. it makes me feel like my children are safe knowing my neighbors are the athority figures in the school.

Posted April 13, 2006
I have been to this school since the first grade and it's amazing. Everybody knows everybody so there's not much trouble. The teachers, counselors, and students can work better because there aren't many students there. The teachers are really great and the pep rallies and stuff are really fun. Now I go to DCHS in Dickson now and it's huge. I can't talk to my counselor personally b/c there are so many other kids. It's okay but I like JBS better.

Jo Byrns High School 4

Posted August 26, 2005
The teachers are fantastic, without a doubt. However, the size of Jo Byrns will never allow for the possibilities in learning that a larger school will. I went to Jo Byrns until 8th grade, and then left to go to high school in Springfield. I would highly recommend Jo Byrns as an elementary school--the hometown atmosphere brings a child up right. However, this school is *not* the best choice for a high-school student.

Posted January 03, 2005
I think this school is the greatest school ever. It might be small, but the teachers are the students' friends. For the high school section its better to have four hour and a half classes because the students have a better chance at understanding the classes. The high school students aren't as wild as some at the Springfield High School. We are a whole lot nicer, and we care more! We help out with the community more and the clubs are the best!

Jo Byrns High School
7025 U.S. 41 Alternate, Cedar Hill, TN  37032
Last modified Jo Byrns High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jo Byrns High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top