Centerville, TN

Hickman Co Middle School 4

Posted September 14, 2011
I think the teachers here are passionate and generally care about fully teaching their students. The problem I have is not with the school as much as in the US our education system is broken. Why are schools only tested on performing just "to" the national average(which is pitiful). Only 26% of students are PROFICIENT in math and Less than that in English and Reading Comprehension. I know it must be flustering to a teacher to truly care and try to hold students to a level that they know is to be achieved to make students "College Ready" to only be met by an organization(US education system) that only suggests they perform to a BASIC level.......BASIC level students are not usually prepared to ACHIEVE. I just know children that I see in the world now are functionally illiterate, can't spell, lack skills necessary to be taken seriously or convey ideas, lacking in following direction, rely too much on technology instead of personal know-how. I am just saying I am glad that my children go to this school cause teachers care and try...It is just sad that as a Nation our School Systems have failed us. Just like all things in life we need to set a higher standard to get more results.

Hickman Co Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2009

Hickman Co Middle School 5

Posted December 20, 2008

Hickman Co Middle School 5

Posted September 05, 2007

Hickman Co Middle School
1639 Bulldog Bl, Centerville, TN  37033
Last modified Hickman Co Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickman Co Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top