Posted May 21, 2014
This county is ranked 83rd out of all the TN counties. This school, just like every other school in this county, puts the emphasis on sports and not education. There is a "good ole boy" system at this school, for sure. Most of the teachers act as immature as the children. Parents are not encouraged to be involved at all unless you "know someone" or are "kin" to someone at the school. Many parents look forward to helping out at their childs elementary school. This school does its best to keep everyone away. Its really sad. The academics are a joke. The children of this school are not prepared to move over to the middle school. The children of the county are not prepared for college and many struggle only to drop out. While there are a handful of success stories, a school of several hundred should not produce only a handful of successful adults. The teachers seems to use the "here's a worksheet, figure it out for yourself" method. Several teachers will offer to "tutor" your child after school at your expense, of course. If you can't do your job during the day, I'm not going to pay you to continue to not do your job. If you can afford private school. That is the way to go for sure!

Posted April 27, 2014
Where do I begin? I have never in my life dealt with a more exhausting school. These teachers gossip to each other constantly about parents and children. Everything is the parents fault. If you are involved with your child you will be called unreasonable and overbearing. I have had these teachers ask my child inappropriate questions about his family and when I confront them, they lie always. If you cause too much trouble your child will get extra homework. Trust me! The vice principal tries to help. Everyone says all the right things, so you will leave but they don't actually do anything they promise. Academics are a joke. This county is so far behind the surrounding counties it absurd. The teachers let the computers do the teaching. It is so sad. Our children will not be returning.

Chapel Hill Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2013
There was another post asking about parent involvement and integration of students with like abilities... this is non-existent. I had requested to come into class to observe my daughter and was denied on several occasions. There are no gifted groups, the kids are all together and expected to sink or swim. This is not a good school for a child with attention problems or learning difficulties. Be prepared to be very involved after school if you wish for your children to succeed. Bullies are a problem in this school as well. There is a culture that encourages children to pick on the weak or different. I was told that my son needed to "suck it up and learn how to be a man."

Chapel Hill Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
I am rating average to hopefully not skew the results. We are considering buying a home in this area and this would be our assigned school. I have some concerns after reading these reviews. Is there a gifted program? As a stay at home mom, I LOVE being involved at the school. Because we would be moving there, would my volunteer efforts not be welcomed? Does this school practice differentiation by considering levels of ability in the curriculum? Does this school practice "clustering" for like abilities? Thank you for any input.

Posted March 01, 2013
I completely agree to the previous two reviews... unwelcoming, if you don't have the right last name, don't bother. They have no desire to help kids in need, just want to play the blame game. The best interest of the child is not top priority at this school.

Posted February 13, 2013
Principal is never there. VIce principal handles most things. Very unwelcoming to parents. Children are yelled at constantly in lunchroom. Math and reading averages for the school are below average. If you weren't born and raised there, if you don't "know somebody" you will get no where.

Chapel Hill Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2013
I have read the previous reviews and am very surprised CHES has gotten 4 stars. I give them 3 and I am being very generous. This school is made up of a handful of very good teachers and many poor teachers. There is definately a "click" within Chapel Hill and if you aren't one of the prominent families, "good luck". I have had two children in this school from 2007-to current and each year gets a little worse. Mr. Delk is a politician at best. If you come in angry, he will listen but also change the topic many, many times to try and distract you. He asks about your Momma, your job, your dog. Anything to avoid the issue. If you have a child with special needs THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL FOR THEM! The teachers are not very prepared to handle special needs children. Oak Grove or MES has much better special ed programs and teachers. As far as parental involvement, if you are one of the families "in the click" you will be welcomed, everyone else, stay out and just send a check when they ask for it. They do not want you to help with anything, they will not welcome you. I have found this school to be so exhausting. There are some extremely good teachers but they are few and far between.

Posted September 20, 2012
I have had 2 children in this school. One has luckily had great teachers and my second child went and we received a teacher that gave up on my child within 6 wks of school. Saying he/she just is not ready to withdrawl and wait until next year. If a child is shy and never been in a class setting they will have a harder adjustment. Instead of teacher saying how can we work together to get her on track and keep her caught up it was take her out. Now this is a kindergarten teacher whom I never even laugh or smile... I withdrew my child put her in anoother school and she is doing great! This showed me that it WAS the teacher and not my child. My son started school same way. New to a social setting because of me being a stay at home mother. His Kindergarten teacher did not give up on him. We worked together throughout the year and he did well! So there are some good teachers and there are not so good. I also talked to the principal on getting my child a different teacher to see how she responded to another. THis would tell me if it was the teacher or my child. Assistant principal told me this was not an option. What would it hurt? Never before have I heard I could not change a teacher?

Chapel Hill Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2011
This is an excellent school. We have had a good experience with the teachers and the pricipal. They have always been respectful and helpful. The principal is so good to the kids and they all respect him. The teachers we have had are great at their job. I am grateful to have my daughter going here.

Chapel Hill Elementary School 5

Posted April 21, 2010
The prinicpal and teachers work so hard to teach the children not only academic subjects but also about the community and how to care for it.

Chapel Hill Elementary School
415 South Horton Pw, Chapel Hill, TN  37034
Last modified Chapel Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapel Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top