Charleston, TN

Posted June 20, 2014
Charleston Elementary is the best school! My husband is in the Army and we relocate quite often and after finding Charleston Elementary the children and I stayed in Charleston while my husband moved around. I have had 3 children go through this school. I have served as PTO president, treasurer and Vice President. I have always felt welcome by the entire school. The principal Jodie Grannan is wonderful and the teachers are fantastic! Please do not listen to the negative reviews, if you do, you will be missing out on a wonderful, and safe school!

Posted March 04, 2014
I feel that Charleston is a wonderful school! Teachers know every child. They work hard to give students a great education, as well as love and attention. The test scores listed on this site are out of date. Charleston scored all A's last year and continue to improve!

Charleston Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
The Head Start program held at The Charlston Elementry in Bradley County is a big disappointment. The Teachers are very disorganized. To start out, The Teacher could not tell me when the first day of class was (this was about two weeks before the county school were starting), The teacher did not have any handbooks on hand when she came out for the parent teacher meeting, first day of school came and still no handbook. It seemed like they were just running a daycare, did not teach anything to my child. The teacher and teacher aid did not keep a close eye on the childeren, my child got hurt everyday she was there. No accident reports were wrote up and they never bothered to call. One of the accidents was caused by the Teacher, she did not tell me about the accident. I heard about it from another child when i asked my child how her first day of school was. The teacher never appologized to my child for hurting her. The Charleston Elementary school is very run down school, old and dirty. when you walked into the school you could smell urian. I do not reamend anyone ever taking your child there for the pre k.

Charleston Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
Cleanliness issues Teachers unprepared and disorganized Principal has little to no student and parent engagement School grounds in serious need of attention(for ex the rusting chainlink fence surrounding the playgrounds) Low test scores due to inadequate teachers Lack of routine, schedules,and teacher planning (ex. no syllabus,or lesson plans)

Posted February 11, 2009
I have 2 kids at charleston and the education that they are getting is much better than most schools in our area. The teachers really care about the education of the children

Posted May 31, 2008
Charleston Elementary is an excellent school! I have two children who attend and I have been very pleased. Their teachers have always been very caring and supportive. Reading and math are priorities. My children have been given a strong foundation. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Charleston Elementary School

Posted August 13, 2007
We are Great Grandparents and we are thrilled that our 'Grands' are attending this school. It is a great school, focused on the learning and safety of the students. We have always been treated with respect and appreciation each time we have visited. Thanks for your dedication and love of your students. Very pleased Great Grandparents! George & Becky Shamblin

Posted August 18, 2006
We moved to this school last year, and I couldn't be more pleased. This is a wonderful school.

Posted November 05, 2005
This is a wonderful small community school. I would recommend anyone sending their child here!

Charleston Elementary School
8797 Hiwassee Street, Charleston, TN  37310
Last modified Charleston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charleston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top