Creek Wood High School

Public | 8-12 | 879 students

Sweep tile

Posted November 11, 2012

As a past student of this school, I can honestly say this school fails in preparing your children for college. The power of I system is a joke. I was very successful in school. I was a 4 sport athlete and winner of many faucilty awards. Currently I am attending college at the University of Tennessee and can when I entered school here, I felt unprepared. Others coming in from this state as well as other states were much more prepared for the heavy academic course load than I was. This school failed in preparing me for that. In a social aspect, yes Creek Wood is awesome it is a great safe environment to attend school in, but like I said previously failed me on an academic level, which is why we attend school in the first place.

Posted October 31, 2010

My son had so much trouble until he entered this school. Now he is being challenged academically and loves it. He has decided to become a mathematician and has better grades than ever. This school provides great one on one time between teachers and students and I couldn't ask for a better high school experiance for my children.

Posted September 16, 2009

Creekwood High School is the best high school in DC. Although they do sometimes over work my child.

Posted August 19, 2008

I have 2 of my children currently at Creekwood. I give it a 5 star rating. My son has really came out of his shyness being there and his grades are so much better than they were in earlier grades. The confidence they have instilled in him is undescribable. My daughter as well is doing good. This is her first year and shes loving it. The teachers and staff have done and are doing an outstanding job with our youth. Keep it up!

Posted August 4, 2008

I am on my 3rd and last child to go through Creek Wood and we absolutely love it. It is so much better than Dickson County High School. Everyone seems to be really involved in the school and I have found everyone to be very helpful.

Posted June 8, 2008

5 stars I like this school,2 of my kids have gone there and they liked it there

Posted November 2, 2007

I do not like the food that my kids have to eat there it is not healthy I thought you were suppose to be teaching our kids to be healthy. I also do not like the way the faculty has handeled some situations either. My daughter cries at least once a week because she hates the school. Creekwood does not have parents envolved.. only a select few. I think also that some teachers are very unfair to some of their students. They always pic their favorites.. and the ones who play sports seem to have things a little more leanient

Posted March 30, 2007

I would agree that CW has a great sports program because, in Dickson County, a lot of money is focused on the sports teams. Discipline and saftey are taken very seriously at CW. Creek Wood employs many teachers that are the kind your children will never forget. The Choir program at Creek Wood is outstanding. Overall, I recommend CW because the teachers are great and the facility is nice and new and clean, but I felt like my classes were sometimes too easy.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 31, 2006

At Creek Wood, we have a fantastic level of parental involvement and a principal that is always available. Our modern facility is the absolute greatest!

Posted March 31, 2005

They have really good teachers that really care about their students. Thier academic programs are top notch. They produce some of the best adults. The sports program is one of the best that I have ever seen. The coaches work around the clock to make sure that the team is the best that it can be. I say for being a new school it has done very well for it's self. I have a son that goes there, and his academics have grown so much thanks to the adminstraion. They make sure he knows what thery are teaching and they put it in terms that they can understand. Thank you CWHS for being so great!

Math

The state average for Math was 41% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 47% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 82% in 2013.

Writing

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Tennessee used the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) Achievement Test to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading/language arts, math, science and social studies. The TCAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Tennessee. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Math

Reading/Language Arts

Science

Social Studies

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

173 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

223 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

200 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

230 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

227 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

211 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A55%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3499 Hwy 47 North