Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Creek Wood High School 1

Posted September 23, 2015
this school is very political and does not treat all kids equal. If parents aren't willing to practically work part time volunteering you might as well forget your kid starting in sports if they even make it. Especially baseball. The new principal doesn't have a clue. Their main focus is not academics. The kids graduating from here are far behind in academics. They are not prepared for college or the real world. The curriculum is easy so no child will be left behind. In essence we are pouring out under educated kids so it doesn't show that the kids are having learning problems. There are so many kids with great grades because they aren't asking much from our children. My second child started this year and we will move to prevent this school from so called teaching anymore of our children. I would like them to be educated not passed. It does them no good when they start college and they are so far behind they need an extra year of college to get them on college level. Not sure if the teachers are burnt out or if this is the new curriculum so our school ranks higher either way education needs to be the only goal any school focuses on. It is not the schools job to do the parents job. I think they just care if the child recieves a high school diploma and not that the child is ready to graduate. Then they go off into the world, half of them can't do basic math or spell. How is this good for our kids? My goal when sending my child to school isn't a high school diploma it is an education and if they have earned a high school diploma through hard work then so be it.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 23, 2015
some of teacher great.our new football coach is a joke, he need to go back where he came from.he is not. what we need in our school.he is not a people person.lots of parent do not care for him. 2015

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 23, 2015
All depend who the student is and there parents are and how they help out

Creek Wood High School 2

Posted November 11, 2012
As a past student of this school, I can honestly say this school fails in preparing your children for college. The power of I system is a joke. I was very successful in school. I was a 4 sport athlete and winner of many faucilty awards. Currently I am attending college at the University of Tennessee and can when I entered school here, I felt unprepared. Others coming in from this state as well as other states were much more prepared for the heavy academic course load than I was. This school failed in preparing me for that. In a social aspect, yes Creek Wood is awesome it is a great safe environment to attend school in, but like I said previously failed me on an academic level, which is why we attend school in the first place.

Posted October 31, 2010
My son had so much trouble until he entered this school. Now he is being challenged academically and loves it. He has decided to become a mathematician and has better grades than ever. This school provides great one on one time between teachers and students and I couldn't ask for a better high school experiance for my children.

Posted September 16, 2009
Creekwood High School is the best high school in DC. Although they do sometimes over work my child.

Posted August 19, 2008
I have 2 of my children currently at Creekwood. I give it a 5 star rating. My son has really came out of his shyness being there and his grades are so much better than they were in earlier grades. The confidence they have instilled in him is undescribable. My daughter as well is doing good. This is her first year and shes loving it. The teachers and staff have done and are doing an outstanding job with our youth. Keep it up!

Posted August 04, 2008
I am on my 3rd and last child to go through Creek Wood and we absolutely love it. It is so much better than Dickson County High School. Everyone seems to be really involved in the school and I have found everyone to be very helpful.

Posted June 08, 2008
5 stars I like this school,2 of my kids have gone there and they liked it there

Creek Wood High School 2

Posted November 02, 2007
I do not like the food that my kids have to eat there it is not healthy I thought you were suppose to be teaching our kids to be healthy. I also do not like the way the faculty has handeled some situations either. My daughter cries at least once a week because she hates the school. Creekwood does not have parents envolved.. only a select few. I think also that some teachers are very unfair to some of their students. They always pic their favorites.. and the ones who play sports seem to have things a little more leanient

3499 Tennessee 47, Charlotte, TN  37036
Last modified Creek Wood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.