PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is a wonderful school. It is small enough that each child is able to receive the help they need, while still big enough to offer activities and classes to surpass expectations. It is a warm, loving, Christian environment in which children and safely learn and thrive. It's been a blessing to our family.

This is our 3rd year at OLPH and I can honestly say my entire family is happier with the experience here with each passing year. My son loves his friends, the opportunities he has for learning and extracurricular activities and yes, even his teachers! My husband and I love the faith-based education in a loving environment and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the community of other families. I wouldn't choose to send my child anywhere else!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated and this principle is talked about openly. The guidance program deals with this and other topics in an age appropriate manner and teachers reinforce the lessons in the classroom as well as reinforcing expectations through appropriate discipline, if necessary. There is an open line of communication with parents about this topic as well.

Supports LD students: Agree

Though my own child does not have any learning difficulties, I have experienced teachers in each of the 3 grades we've completed so far work with him to achieve extra skill in specific areas. I know there is a program for kids who experience more challenges, but unfortunately, I don't know a lot about it.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

From the Principal to the newest teacher, effective decisions are made and leadership skills are modeled for students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In each grade, students are encouraged to complete service to others. Character is emphasized through weekly and monthly lessons specific to each virtue. Parents are expected to model the characteristics taught to students as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers I've encountered are incredibly dedicated, caring and effective. They are willing to try different methods to reach students and do not have a "one size fits all" approach.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is age/grade appropriate. There are actually multiple effective means of communicating homework requirements with parents and an on-line system provides weekly progress reports.

I'm currently a student at OLPH and I feel that OLPH improves every year. The academics are wonderful, every teacher has their own teaching style but all students seem to benefit. If students need help, teachers always offer to help. Spiritually, OLPH is great! We have a chance for Mass twice a week and we celebrate Catholic Schools Week, among other various events. The athletics really show a part of who we are and the school offers many including band and language classes. This year, they're incorporating electives into the middle school schedule which as a middle school student, I'm really happy about. In conclusion, OLPH is a great school to consider when contemplating where to send your child.

A good choice for a well rounded education. My children have received a good education and have been sufficiently challenged. The school has a great football program, and offers a wide selection of sport activities. A good value even for non-catholics.

Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8