Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 18, 2013
This is my daughter's third year at BBS. I have been impressed with the academic programs and the overall value of the school. I have noticed a strong favoritism for alumni's children and most of the teachers are alumni.

Posted August 17, 2013
I know a lot of these responses come from parents, however I feel I am the most qualified to tell you about BBS. I have gone to Boyd-Buchanan for 5 years. I am now a Senior, and I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. "A rare and special place" is what they call it. While sometimes we students often giggle at this slogan, we know it couldn't be more true. I am blessed to learn at a place with such a positive, family environment. Rigorous acedimics, amazing sports, caring faculty, and friendly peers make Boyd-Buchanan the best place for me. I certainly hope if you're considering Boyd-Buchanan for your child, you'll give us Buccaneers a chance. I know you will see God working in our a school.

Boyd-Buchanan School 1

Posted April 26, 2013
So many parents are afraid to voice their concerns about the school. Just yesterday a senior parent said she was suffering through and went on to give details that should have been shared with the principal. No one should have to suffer through, especially a parent. It is time to speak up to the right people, not other parents, so the school can hopefully improve.

Posted January 20, 2013
this is a great school, I am planning on sending my son there in Fall 2014, He will be entering PK-3. I know the teachers and faculty, They really care for the students, And they prepared their students to strive and excel not only in secular but christian service.

Posted June 15, 2012
My daughter graduated from another area private elementary school and moved her to Boyd for the sixth grade. She is so happy. She has done so well while being challenged. The school provides a safe nurturing environment where the children are encouraged to grow spiritually, emotionally and intellectually. We are thankful to be able to send our daughter to this school and would recommend it to everyone.

Posted August 20, 2011
having gone to boyd since sixth grade and currently a freshmen, i must say it's an okay school, but you can get shunned for not being church of christ. the teacher sometimes expect too much, and the uniforms are ridiculous. also i think there is a problem with students not taking things seriously. but on the other hand, most of the teachers are very nice and the new techonolgy program is great. the football games are very fun. at the las football game we where playing chattanooga christan, we had a flash mob in the middle of the haltime show.

Posted June 10, 2011
I graduated from Boyd - Buchanan (started in 7th grade) The education is subpar. Just as an example, look at the first review - the student is a junior in high school, but has misspelIed "acadimics" (it is spelled "academics"). I felt as though I was not in any shape or form prepared for college. Boyd-Buchanan is so concerned with what students are doing outside of class that they are unable to focus on preparing kids with a great education. By the way, for all the parents reading things like "it hasn't been a problem for us even though we are not Church of Christ" I was told by a group of students while in middle school that I was going to hell because I was baptist. I would never send my child to this school.

Posted February 17, 2010
Boyd Buchanan is a wonderful place to send your children. They will get an awesome education and so much more. We moved a couple hours away and truly miss BBS. Both of our children started at BBS in Pre-K and we truly miss the education and family atmosphere. Because of our move, they have to attend public education and are doing very well academically and socially. BBS help instilled work ethic and moral values that will serve my children well, We hold a high standard for our children and BBS was right in line with that. So, if you are thinking about BBS, take a leap of faith, you will not regret it at all. Go Bucs!!!

Posted December 16, 2009

Posted September 25, 2009
Our son is in the 8th grade at Boyd-Buchanan, and has been there since Kindergarten. We love the school and have never regretted sending him there. We are not Church of Christ, and we have never had anyone treat us differently because of it. Boyd-Buchanan has the feel of a close knit family. The faculty and staff have always treated my son with such affection and love and have been great examples of Christ themselves. So many of the parents dedicate so much of their time to the students and to helping make the school a great place to be . Boyd-Buchanan focuses on academics, but has a wide variety of extra curricular activities for such a small school. We love watching our son prosper in an environment that not only provides him with an excellent education but also teaches him to be an active and productive, contributor to society.

Boyd-Buchanan School