Ungraded
Chattanooga, TN

Posted October 03, 2012
Scenic Land has been a God Send to my son! He has excelled where he wasn't able to in regular school. Though it might seem that my child gets easier work, it is just not true. He gets teachers who know how to teach the work that he does. They are like family. Ms. Kinsey always makes my son feel safe when he has anxiety attacks and though he never has liked school he LOVES Scenic Land School!!!!!!

Posted October 22, 2011
I am the parent of a daughter with learning differences. She is a very bright girl who has struggled tremendously in the public school setting. We moved her to Scenic Land in Jan 2010 and she has made significant gains academically. She has gained over a year in her reading and continues to climb. The staff at the school has given her the confidence to feel that she could learn and succeed. The welcoming of Mrs, Kinsey, the leadership of Mrs. Trohanis and the expertise of the teaching staff is second to none. Scenic Land is a blessing to our daughter and a gift to our family.

Posted March 08, 2009
My son was in a christian school prior to Scenic Land School. He has been struggling for a few years and I wasn't getting any kind of help from the school. We knew that he had dyslexia but were told by some that he shouldn't be treated any different. He hated going to school and when his grades would come in I would just immediately throw them in the trash. Since, he started Scenic Land he is always excited about getting his grades at the end of the week. Alot of people assume that the reason kids do so well at Scenic Land is because the teachers are just giving them easy work which isn't true they just know how to teach the kids individually so they can understand.

Posted February 06, 2008
Our son (13 now) was turned down at a private school, then spent 3 years at a magnet school. While he was successful scholastically, he hated attending. Scenic Land gave him the individual attention he needed and his outlook has improved tremendously. He truly loves going to school now! The faculty is tremendous and really cares for their students. I could not recommend a better school for students who've had trouble learning, socializing, or just fitting in.

Posted May 17, 2007
Scenic Land has been an answers to our prayers. Our son was not doing well in the public school. He was comming home from school every day in tears. We knew that we had to do something to help him. That is when we found out about SLS. He has now been in SLS for one year and he is happy to go school every day. He was a struggling reader. At the old school my husband and I were told that he would always be a slow reader. Now he is reading at the third grade level, almost foruth grade level. Our son is in the second grade. We could never say enough wonderful things about SLS. The teachers and the wonderful principal, Mrs. Card have given our son the confidence and academic preperation that he needs to go on and be successful in anything he chooses to do.

Posted March 14, 2007
Scenic Land School saved my son!! He is a bright (gifted), creative young man who happens to have dyslexia with significant learning disabilities. Their individualized approach to teaching him the way he can learn is nothing short of miraculous. Their attention to first and foremost building self-esteem in their students so they can create a positive learning environment is a technique ALL schools should use. From an academic standpoint, my son took ninth grade English in the eighth grade and passed it with flying colors earning HS credit. They recognize the potential that these special students have and NEVER give up on any of them and more importantly won't allow the student to give up on themselves. These students leave the school prepared to function in other traditional learning environments because they have been armed with what they need to be successful. Thank you Scenic Land!

Posted March 29, 2004
In my personal experience with Scenic Land I have witness the most extraordinary group of teachers I have ever had the good fortune to be associated with. The small ratio of teacher to puple affords the students the uncommon personal attention and excellence in education that only a school of this caliber can offer. I think the thing that impresses me the most, is the positive way they address every issue. We in Chattanooga are very fortunate to have a school like Scenic Land in our area. They have made a place to give our children a hand up by celebrating the differences and spotlignting the accomplishments.

Scenic Land School