No rating

Berean Academy

Private | PK-12 | 14 students

We are best known for family atmosphere.

Living in Chattanooga

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $131,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted July 4, 2014

This school Berean is not a school that adequately prepares kids for college. The graduating class of 2014 mostly is going to community college(Chatt State) or no college at all. I know of other graduates working as waiters or labor at plants. Not something you expect for an education that you pay for. They lack basic facilities for sports, science, and computers. They are nice people and teach bible verses but their poor curriculum and limited resources and facilities are more detrimental than helpful to the success of the kids.

Posted March 18, 2011

Berean Academy is a school that cares about their students. They are praying for them during the school day and they pray from the students and the teachers at their services. When there is a student in need of help, the teachers are there for them and their family. I am grateful that our family has found this church and school.

Posted January 26, 2011

My children have been attending Berean Academy for three years now. Berean has been such a blessing to our family! I have been impressed with the curriculum at Berean, and I feel that my children are receiving a quality education. In addition, I love the fact that they are in a Christian environment where the word of God is not only taught but exhibited in the actions of the faculty and staff of Berean. My children love to go to school, and I know that they are in good hands while they are there.

Posted January 20, 2011

Our daughter is graduating this year with a 3.91 gpa . She is a member of the honor society. She has attended Berean all 12 years. Her teachers know both parents by name, there is excellent parent-teacher communication. Teachers at Berean care deeply about their students and show it constantly. She has had so much fun with many school activities. The students even enjoy socializing with the principle! We feel that our daughter has received the best education possible and is an extremely well rounded person with the influences of Berean Academy.

Posted January 16, 2011

I am a graduate of Berean Academy, and now my children attend this school. The teachers and principle communicate well with us through email, phone calls, notes, and in person. Their grades have increased since attending this school and the cost affordable even with multiple children. The value of their education at Berean has been one of the best choices we have made.

Posted January 13, 2011

My daughter has been at Berean for 3 years. I love it and She loves it!!! The staff is wonderful. The children not only excell academically but also spirtually. The classrooms are very structured and classmates well respected. This school is such a blessing.

Posted January 12, 2011

We've had our son at Berean for 3 years now. After completing first grade, testing showed that he was reading on a sixth grade level. Thier excellerated reading program has exceeded our expectations. He enjoys his teachers and classmates in an environment that is well structured and geared toward learning.

Posted January 12, 2011

We have been involved with Berean for several years now, and I could not be happier with all they offer and the direction they are going. My children have attended there for 6 years. I love the dedication of the teachers and staff to God and to the kids. I am extremely thankful to God for Berean and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted January 12, 2011

Berean Academy is a great school! My kids are very happy here and Mr. Harmon has made so many great changes to make this school even better. The staff are so kind and loving and take the time out to really focus on my kids. Just last month parents were given the opportunity to participate in a survey and immediately Mr. Harmon noticed a place of improvement and is already underway to get the ball rolling. When my husband was getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan and my grandfather was dying of cancer at the same time, I received so much support and encouragement from everyone. I love this school and my kids will continue to attend Berean until they graduate . I want my kids to have an excellent education but I also want them to be surrounded by a great influence of Christan fellowship and at Berean they get the best of both!

Posted January 12, 2011

our daughter has been attending Berean Academy since preschool & now is in the 4th grade we feel that the teachers & the administrator are a calling of God who care not only for the academics but more important there Spirtual growth which will mold & shape there lives for the future I am very thankful for Berean Academy & highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a Christian School.

Posted January 11, 2011

My child has been with Berean Academy from kindergarden through 1st grade. So far the school meets my expectations for spiritual growth, great professional teachers, wonderful new administrator and excellent teaching curriculum. I have total confidence and trust in the Lord that from here on out Berean will rise above all others and be the preferred school for your precious children. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding".

Posted January 11, 2011

FYI this website, either by the school admin or the site itself has deleted a very sincere and honest review of this school that does not reflect a positive opinion of this school by a parent. I do NOT suggest you entrust your child's education with this organization or those whom they are affiliated with.

Posted January 11, 2011

Our child has been in berean for several years and we are looking forward to keeping him there until he graduates. I love the atmosphere!

Posted January 11, 2011

This is our child's first year at Berean and we have been very pleased with the teachers, administration, and quality of education our child is receiving.

Posted January 11, 2011

Quality education for my children as well as quality atmosphere. Teachers and administration are role models for my children. Highly recommend Berean Academy if you are wanting a well rounded school where your children can grow academically and spiritually. Recent changes in the school have made a HUGE impact. It is so exciting to see the school change and GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 11, 2011

My child has only been in Berean for 1 year but so far she loves it. Coming from a public middle school the administration and teachers has made the transition very easy. We are pleased with the communication provided by the teachers. I feel like my child is challenged and will be well prepared for college.

Posted January 11, 2011

My son attended Berean from 3rd to 8th grade opting to attend a secular school for his first 2 years of high school. He struggled with all the ungodly influences of the secular school and asked to go back to Berean this year. I am thrilled as Berean is a great, safe place for a young person to be. He is very happy to be back and enjoying the new administrator!

Posted January 10, 2011

We have two children at Berean Academy! We are thrilled to have a passionate Administrator! We feel that Berean is headed in a wonderful direction. We are excited to see the school becoming very well rounded in technology, speech and drama, sports and academia.

Posted January 10, 2011

There are great changes taking place at Berean Academy: 1. New Administration 2. School of Academic Excellence 3. Athletic Program for elementary, middle school, and high school. 4. College Level Basketball Coaches 5. Dynamic Speech and Drama Program

Posted January 10, 2011

We have 1 child at Berean and this is our 2nd year. It is an awesome school with great Christian values. My son has loved it and continues to love it more each day. Our teachers have been wonderful. We look forward to many more years here.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Bryan College
Lee University
Chattanooga State
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Joey Harmon
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Bryan College
Lee University
Chattanooga State
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
College presentations or information sessions

441 Berean Lane