Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Montessori School 3

Posted May 22, 2012
My children love the preschool program and the teachers are wonderful! However while dropping my child off, I saw the head of school screaming at her staff members in front of the parents and the children. I found this to be completely unprofessional. I dont however enjoy having my children apart of an environment where the teachers fear the directors. That is not the way a school should be run.

Posted December 15, 2011
Our son has been a student from preschool through elementary. It's a great fit for him. The program is highly kid driven. My son loves learning and it picking up things at his own pace. We're every happy with the teachers and leadership.

Montessori School 1

Posted August 20, 2011
Our daughter started at Montessori School when she was 18 months old. When she started in the two-year old class we found that the staff and teacher were very unfair and completely ignorant of child development. Every time we brought up concerns, we were treated very poorly and the director of the school refused to meet with us. At one point, we were given medical advice from one of the staff members, which our pediatrician later stated was very poor and unsafe advice. And, they absolutely would not help us potty train our daughter. We were told that if she had an accident at school she would be put back in a diaper. Every day that I picked up my daughter I was told negative comments, and rushed out the door. The classrooms are completely bare of any imaginative toys (dolls, dress-up clothes, play-dough, etc.). I never saw a painting or any sort of art work, there is no music or dance classes, and no foreign languages for the younger kids. As an educated parent, and school psychologist with many years of early childhood experience, I absolutely DO NOT recommend this school.

Posted August 20, 2011
What a wonderful place for children! I have found this school to be a loving and enriching place for our children and family. They really care about the entire family. My toddler has flourished at this school. We love and trust the faculty and staff. We have found them to be well trained and they have done extensive research on child development (consulting with doctors, therapists, and more). It is a true Montessori school. We feel so lucky to be a part of the Montessori family. Go on a school tour and do an observations...don't trust these reviews...see for yourself!

Posted August 17, 2011
I,too, am astonished that anyone would give this school a rating under five stars. My daughter will be starting the Pre-K program this week, and we have been at the school since she was 2. Both of her teachers have been absolutely wonderful, communicative, and understanding. The director of the school is an incredibly intelligent lady who knows how to make good decisions for the good of the school. Since we have attended, I have seen the school grow into a beautiful place complete with a greenhouse, vegetable garden, fruit orchard, a new library, a new gym...so many great additions. I truly cannot say enough good things about the school. Please come see for yourself and observe; your child deserves it.

Posted July 24, 2011
My son loves going to school! The teachers are wonderful and they work very hard to ensure each child is working at their own level. Montessori is a great and important start for young children. Both the staff and parents are top notch. The Montessori method facilitates crictical thinking, problem solving, logic, organization, hands on experiences, exploration, and confidence to ensure a well round individual. My advice to parents looking for a school to fit your childs needs "go and observe to see for yourself".

Posted June 14, 2011
It astonishes me that anyone could say this school is bad. I am a past student of the Montessori school who attended from toddler classes through 6th grade (the highest it went when I attended). I can say with the utmost confidence that my education at this school put me leaps and bounds above my fellow classmates when I continued my education at GPS. In fact, I started immediately in honors classes at GPS (which is almost unheard of your first semester there). Montessori instilled traits like confidence, organization, and drive that have successfully gotten me through a very difficult undergraduate curriculum in the number one US ranked program for my degree. I am now onto a graduate degree and still thank the Montessori school for the wonderful start it gave me for my academic journey. I highly recommend you send your child/children to this school! You certainly will not regret it!

Montessori School 3

Posted March 27, 2011
Our child attended this school from 2-7 years old. While we felt that the preschool area of this Montessori school was strong and advanced, we felt that the lower elementary fell short in educating our child and did not cover material that should have been covered at that age such as material and subject matter in math, science and social studies. We also felt that there were children there with severe behavior problems that caused distractions and took time away from the other children's learning time. Also, certain issues regarding bullying were not addressed and the parents were not notified that their child was even causing emotional damage to other children. However, this school did give our child the skills he needed in preschool and kindergarten to succeed in a traditional school. I would give the preschool 4 stars, but the elementary 2 if there were separate ratings.

Posted February 03, 2011
This is one great school. Its the best private school in Chattanooga. Try it out-observe a classroom.

Montessori School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Montessori has really made a difference in my childrens' lives.

Montessori School