Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

St. Peters Episcopal School 3

Posted October 17, 2014
The faculty of the school are excellent and provide the children a wonderful liberal arts education. The environment is nurturing for the students. However, the leadership of the school is weak. There has been turnover in the Head of School in the last couple of years. The new leader seems "over her head" in providing direction for the school. Families are "hounded" for money and volunteer hours throughout the school year.

Posted July 25, 2012
My boys have attended St. Peter's Episcopal School since they were 3 years old. Our boys education is a very HIGH PRIORITY for our family. My wife and I both work outside of the home and we have committed tremendously to this school both financially and "blood, sweat and tears" as well. St. Peter's welcomes families from all walks, income levels, etc. and has a solid PTA support system. It is a caring, loving and nurturing enviornment with RIGOROUS academic standards. The teachers are excellent and thoroughly committed to each student's success with little to no attrition annually. The admisitration is committed to maintaining our mission. ***After 30 years of service, the Principal is retiring during the 2012-2013 school year. It is an exciting time of tranisition for our school. The Search Committee made up of both parents, teachers and church leaders is committed to identifying the best candidate to continue the St. Peter's tradition of loving to learn and learning to love. What a gift we have been blessed to give both of our boys, the gift of a St. Peter's education. It is truly our boys second home!

Posted October 11, 2011
St. Peter's provides a warm, nurturing environment that makes it feel like home. A few of the specific things that stand out - all the kids look adults in the eye and say hello when you see them, they have lots of time to play outside and receive a huge emphasis on being active, lunches are catered by Whole Foods/ Greenlife (so very healthy), and most importantly to me, the community is tolerant and accepting of differences. While based in Episcopal tradition, the school welcomes students of all faiths and in weekly chapels, students celebrating birthdays receive a birthday blessing customized to his or her religion.

Posted October 03, 2011
St. Peter's has provided a wonderful learning environment for my 2 very different children. Having started in preschool, I have had the advantage of watching them grow into capable, confident, challenged young adults. The Core Knowledge Curriculum offers an incredible liberal arts education that rivals many middle school curriculums! The curriculum is only a curriculum without amazing teachers who can bring it alive, and the teachers at St. Peter's do this with inventive, memorable techniques that bridge the gap of learning in a classroom to a "real world" experience that children can relate to in meaningful ways.

Posted October 03, 2011
My now sixth grade daughter graduated from St. Peter's School last year. She was very well prepared for the challenging academic schedule she is now experiencing. She told me that while she loves her new upper school she will always call St. Peter's "home". I have second grader that is still benefiting from such a special place that we call our school and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a school that will act as an extension of your home as well as a place where your child will be challenged academically and spiritually.

Posted August 04, 2010
In addition to its exceptional Core Knowledge Curriculum, St. Peter's teaches many life skills such as leadership, how to get along with others, respect for their peers, their environment and strives to nurture spiritual growth in each individual child. I highly recommend this special place!

Posted November 19, 2009
I have two children at St. Peter's and have been there for five years. We have been so pleased with the quality of education they have benefited from. The teachers are incredible. Everyday I feel so glad that I get to leave them to grow in such a spiritually nurturing environment. We have made a significant financial sacrifice to be able to send them to this school and would not have it any other way.

Posted November 07, 2009
The small caring atmosphere & the great teachers.

St. Peters Episcopal School 2

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
I am parent of a 1st grader and a 4th grader. We have been at St. Peter's for 5 years. I cannot say enough about this incredible school . The fact that it is nurturing is well known but because the classes are small each child is able to develop a strong sense of self being. I have spoken to the admission directors of Baylor, GPS and McCallie. Each director has said that St. Peters children are always prepared and tend to be the most well rounded children. In addition, I have spoken to 6th graders at these schools that attended St. Peters and they have all said they were well prepared and find 6th grade to be easy! If you are looking for a new school I strongly suggest that you look at St. Peter's you simply cannot go wrong.

St. Peters Episcopal School
848 Ashland Terrace, Chattanooga, TN  37415
Last modified St. Peters Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St. Peters Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top