PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school! It has been such a blessing for our family and the teachers and principal are top notch. It was my understanding that they closed the middle school so that they could direct their resources more towards the elementary school where the majority of the students are. I'm just so thankful that we found this gem!

HVCS is an excellent school. It was a shame that they had to close their Middle School because of finances. That is one thing that this school seems to do is to have a lot of extra expenses on the parents for their K-Kids club and all the field trips they are now taking throughout the year. Times are hard for all of us. We are all struggleing and the many parties, field trips, and extras have taken their toll. I would be willing to give donations to help support a Middle School, that would be so worth while. The teachers are the best and they have a great thought out specials program, including Art, Music, P.E., and Spanish.

This school is a blessing. The nurturing and the caring of the teachers there surpass any other in this area. Their specials programs are excellent. They have a wonderful Spanish and Art program. My children's confidence and self esteem has soared. Thank You HVCS! I just wish they had a Middle School, so that my children can benefit the strong academic curriculum that HVCS offers.

Great school! Personable teachers, small classes, parent involvement. Really happy with our decision to go here!

I LOVE, LOVE HVCS!!!! My daughter has flourished and loves going to school. The Head of School is very hands on and involved and knows each child by name. HVCS has exceptional teachers that strive every day to provide the best Christian environment for the children in addition to an academically challenging curriculum. The kindness and helpfulness of the office staff is top notch. They have a variety of extracurricular activities to engage all interests, as well as activities to engage parents, such as circle time, chapel, family movie/reading nights, and spirit nights, etc. I cannot imagine my daughter going anywhere else! Thank you HVCS for all you do!

I love this school! My child's teachers are wonderful and she's learned so much and has matured so much in the past year. The school's principal is top notch also. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful place for my children to attend!

After moving to CHattanooga last year, my kids were enrolled at HVCS. My son was entering 2nd grade and the last school had allowed him to fall behind, not to mention the poor study skills he had developed. The teachers at HVCS made it their personal goal to not only catch him up with his classmates, but to teach him a new way to enjoy learning. At the end of the year he received the "Most Improved Student" award and his self confidence was through the roof. I cannot say enough how much I love this school and everyone in it! We'll be back again for the 2011-2012 school year!!!

We just moved to Chattanooga and enrolled our two children at HVCS in fall 2010. I couldn't be happier with our choice. The principal is very involved and approachable; my kids give him a hug whenever they see him. The teachers are great and I'm thrilled at the extras like Spanish and computer skills starting in K4. Activities like family movie night in gym have helped us get to know the other kids and parents. Really this has turned out to feel more like a family than a school.

HVCS is great school with smalll classes, the best teachers and staff in Chattanooga, and high parental involvement.

Each child is given individulized instruction from wonderful teachers who truly love teaching. Small class sizes are a plus as well!

Last modified Hickory Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5