Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Grace Baptist Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2014
Grace Academy is really advancing in technology. I am so excited to see the new computer science courses being offered. I have loved the "family atmosphere" and Biblical worldview but it is great to see the strong academic program being emphasized throughout all grade levels.

Posted June 04, 2014
I would first like to say that there are some very good, well educated teachers at this school. There are also some that I would not put in this category. As far as the school's administration there is an issue with listening and acting on parent's concerns. The concerns you have are "listened to" out of courtesy, but nothing is done. I would especially say that that is definitely the case in the elementary school. The new leadership will get there I am sure, but at the expense of a lot of unhappy parents. People skills, listening to parents and really offering good solutions is the only way this school will grow. This is one of the many reasons other area private Christian schools are flourishing and Grace is not. Our children have attended this school since preschool. Unfortunately, we have decided that the academics are not the quality that we want for our children, so we are taking the next steps. If you are considering this school be sure to ask lots of questions, check out their curriculum and do your research. The prices are cheaper than most area private school, but sometimes the cheapest doesn't mean it has the same quality.

Grace Baptist Academy 5

Posted October 29, 2012
Our children have attended Grace Academy in elementary, middle and high school. Although there have been non academic difficulties in recent years and tough administrative decisions, it is clear that the leadership is moving forward to provide a top academic and God centered education to its students/families. Improvements are being made to the facilities and the faculty continues to be wonderful, Godly influences and top notch educators. With no shortage of Christian education choices in Chattanooga,Grace Academy's history of excellence in educating, fostering, and developing Christian world view graduates, my experience is that Grace stands out from the others.

Grace Baptist Academy 4

Posted October 02, 2012
My 3 kids have gone to Grace for all of their elementary school years. The teachers are fantastic in every way. They treat my kids like they are part of their family and my kids have all been challenged appropriately for their level and have grown spiritually by leaps and bounds. There definitely have been leadership changes in the past few years that the school, but that has not changed the fact that the teachers at this school are EXCELLENT! Please read the reviews carefully on this site and understand the context that they written under, especially the ones from students or parents that didn't stick thru the changes.

Posted August 03, 2012
I went to Grace from 4th to 8th grade, I liked it at times and I hated it at times. I felt that the majority of students there were extremely judgmental and hypocritical. One minute they would be excited about God, and the next minute they were making someone run to the bathroom crying. I found myself thinking that if this is the way Christians act, then I don't want to be one anymore. There was also lots of drama, and it made going to school very stressful for me. On a good note, I thought that the academics and teachers were very good. I have noticed that I excel in my classes because of the advanced courses that I took in 8th grade. I am now 15 and I'm already enrolled in college(due to a program offered at a local college). I don't think I'd be where I am today academically if I hadn't gone to Grace. But, even so, I do not recommend GBA.

Posted May 22, 2012
Our student attended Grace for 10 years. Last year we saw the loss of the Headmaster, Asst. Headmaster and the return of the original headmaster as interim. My son was asked to leave because in a meeting with this headmaster seniors were asked what changes they would like to see for the incoming seniors. My son along with another senior said it would be nice to have foreign language offered in Middle school as an High school credit as is offered in Public School, to which the Interim replied " well maybe thats where you should go" We received a phone call stating our son should look for another school to graduate from the same afternoon. The student body and parents had been told in a meeting that test scores were low and curriculum needed to change.Our son a senior has had no discipline issues at all. We were stunned.We had been very involved at this school for years.We asked if our son had been disrespectful he said no but, that he questioned the education he was receiving, no other faculty or staff was aware of or present for this meeting and they were stunned he was asked to leave. Grace is behind in academics. I do not recommend this learning institution for High School.

Grace Baptist Academy 1

Posted August 08, 2011
There is a reason no one has reported on Grace in almost two years. The enrollment has dropped significantly. The new headmaster reported Grace has the lowest standardized testing scores of all the private schools in Chattanooga. The once "Spirit Field" campus is now really depressing. My two high school age kids are now attending school some where else.

Grace Baptist Academy 0

Posted October 30, 2009
An awesome place for kids to learn and grow in the Lord. Outstanding programs.

Grace Baptist Academy 0

Posted August 12, 2009
I have a senior at Grace. She has always excelled at the school and is very happy. She has completed several college courses and enrolled in more for this year. I am happy they have given her this opportunity to get a jump start on her hours. I am proud she in involved in a Christian School with Biblical principles.

Grace Baptist Academy 5

Posted March 04, 2009
My children have attended Grace for the past 9 years. I have been very pleased with their education. Both of their achievement tests scores are at least 2 grade levels ahead and they are both scoring in the top ten percent in the country. Along with a desire to achieve excellence in academices, the school focuses on helping others in our community and around the world. This has taught my children to appreciate all that they have and that they need to help others who are less fortunate than they are. I am so proud to be a part of a school that is teaching my child not only to love the Lord but to love others also. I see from Grace a focus on the Lord and on others. Thank you Grace for teaching my children not only how to make a living some day but how to live.

Grace Baptist Academy
7815 Shallowford Road, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified Grace Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grace Baptist Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top