Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Staff very ugly and uncaring. My child will not be back. I had to go to the board of education for a simple issue of attendance because the principal was short tempered and told me she couldn't do anything for me. She treated us as if we were just a number. If you want your child to feel expendable, bring them to this heartless school.

This school has a lot of problems. I thought I was doing good with it being a magnet school, but sadly that is not the case. There is constant bullying, and every time you try to take it to administration, they act as if this is the first they have heard of it. They know they have several problem children, yet refuse to do anything about it. Additionally, almost every staff member I have come in contact with over the last school year has been rude and completely unhelpful. They simply don't care. I am at my wits end and really don't know what to do. It may not matter to them, but these are our children.

Horrible school! Everyday there is a problem. Lots of learned behavior from the school itself. The staff are extremely rude and disrespectful. They do not care about your child and they do not teach as they should . Do your research just because its a magnet school doesn't mean it's a great school. Full of liars!!!

Our son has attended Brown International Academy for three years the ONLY IB K-5 school in TN and has had a tremendous educational opportunity that NO OTHER school can offer him. Dr.Jennifer Spates is our Principal who bought her A+ game in making this school one of the top schools in Hamilton County. My husband and I are fortunate enough that we could have sent him to any school but selected Brown International Academy. Our son attended the Montosorri school from 6months to the time he was 5 yrs old and then we chose Brown International Academy. Over the past two years Dr. Spates made a plan of action to hire the BEST OF THE BEST teachers at our school and it is amazing what this group of teachers are accomplishing at our school. This meant turnover of teachers but is was necessary and good turnover. Teachers are now asking to be on staff at our school and we have the opportunity to choose the best. Additionally we have a waiting list for children whose parents are trying to get them into our wonderful school. My son speaks fluent German/Spanish, in the Gifted program, Algebra and is active in Golf and swimming. We know this is his foundation for his educational life.

Brown Academy WAS a great school. Under new administration since 2011 school year the wheels have fallen off. Bullying goes uncorrected. NAACP is now involved. Parents are pulling their children " Discipline is the worse I have seen in years" quotes a long time employee. 18 Teachers have left in 2012. Central office is totally unresponsive. Politics abound. Childeren are taught to TCAP and valuable programs have been terminated by the new Administration.. No wonder Hamilton County has the most private schools in Tennessee.

Brown International Academy is the first elementary school in Tennessee to be in the International Baccalaureate Programme! The students are very diverse economically and racially, and we have several children of employees at the new Volkswagen plant in our area. The faculty and staff are absolutely wonderful!

Brown Academy is definately a 'turn around' school. The shcool climate is great, it is like a family. The adminstration and teachers are great! They are quickly becoming the school of choice in Chattanooga.

My daughter is a student at Brown and she has done so well, there are not enough good things that can be said about this school. I am grateful that she was accepted in this school.

i think brown is a school that is trying to stay ahead of the curve, that have some good and teachers and programs that really get the students excited

I have been impressed from day 1 with Brown Academy. I barely knew it existed until my son was sent a letter of acceptance (I had applied to 2 other magnet schools I had heard more about). The resources are outstanding, and the staff goes above and beyond their required duties. I know many of them on a first name basis,and my son has flourished during his 1st year of school. these things mean so much more to me than test scores, which have been lacking; however, the scores don't apply to grades K-2. I think the recent change in administration will continue to improve a once 'failing' school.

Last modified Tommie F. Brown International Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.