School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

God is at work at Silverdale Baptist Academy, and it's plain to see! From our foundation in 1999 with a single Kindergarten class, we have seen consistent growth through enrollment year after year in what is now a PreK-12 community. Our test scores put us in the top 15% of schools nationwide, and our alumni tell us they're more than prepared for college and beyond. Our already successful athletics programs are competing with programs of established tradition, and the arts at SBA are gaining new ground and accolades year after year. The common thread that makes all of this possible and that is reinforced in daily student-teacher interactions is our shared faith in Jesus Christ. It's His love that we strive to share daily and which helps create such a wonderful community at Silverdale. We hope you'll stop by and take a tour! #WeAreSilverdale
August 18, 2014

Posted June 16, 2015
It's a wonderful, loving place for my kids. I had one graduate and another in 10th grade. We've been there for 8 years. I am thankful for the teachers and the headmaster is amazing and has given her life for SBA. Your kids get out of education what you put into it. Any negative comments tell you more about the person behind then complaining.

Posted March 13, 2015
I had a great experience as a student in my time there. Teachers and coaches always took time to invest and build a relationship with you. I am still in contact with many of them to this day. I can truly say that I care more for the well being of Silverdale than of the private Christian college I attended. Silverdale really had/has a family atmosphere and I'm proud to be an alum.

Silverdale Baptist Academy 2

Posted February 03, 2015
They are Money hungry and hide behind the Christian attitude. I have never seen the like of hypocritical people in a Christian school. My son has learned more and offered more classes in public school in 2 years over the 7 years at Silverdale. He was unhappy and the middle and high school principals will not discipline other kids that need it especially if the child you complain on parents are well to do. Headmaster never wants to be bothered you would think she was the president. They don't treat all staff the same either, the ladies in the kitchen are told what to serve then if anyone complains they blame it on the kitchen staff. This come from a teacher at SBA. Save your money cause tuition is going up again with the new lunch catering service.

Posted January 07, 2015
I am so thankful that our family found Silverdale Baptist Academy. Two of my children attend the school are are thriving. They both started during 6th grade and were welcomed with open arms by both the students and the faculty. Silverdale Baptist Academy focuses on preparing students academically and spiritually. My daughter will graduate in May with 17 college credits thanks to the many dual enrollment classes that are offered. AP and Honors classes are available too. The teachers and the staff truly care about the students as they mentor them on a daily basis. The athletic program is growing and celebrating many successes along the way. My children tell me they love their school and are thankful for their SBA experience.

Posted November 27, 2014
Every time I m near that school I have to play Crazy Train in honor of surviving and tolerating that place. I think I should write to A&E and recommend them to send misbehaved kids to Silverdale for a few days instead of jail; and THEN threaten that they ll be enrolled if they don t act better. As someone else said, obviously the education is Christian biased and pretty useless for college. I swear that 50% of the teachers aren t even qualified in their subject. Seems like the school just picked the most crazy evangelical applicant, threw them the book, and told them to make sure the students memorize some verses. And this is school is a college prep school?! HAHAHAHA. I remember very clearly the college prep classes we had and it was useless. The teacher only met us a couple of times, once to to ask what we wanted to study and the second was taking us a computer lab and told us well, starting googling for scholarships. I think she recommended the CocaCola one but that was it. My mom and I did it all by ourselves. SBA just does that much so they can say they re college-prep. It s all smoke and mirrors.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 11, 2014
Show me the W2 list and I will show you who is really welcomed with open arms. This is a multimillion dollar tax free business being run under the cloak of religion. Be careful of the wolf in sheep's clothing! I have never witnessed nor felt Christ in this place!
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 23, 2014
Silverdale was just voted "Best of the Best" private school in Chattanooga so I find it almost comical to read the severely negative reviews from people that have "left" the Academy. I understand as a parent that Silverdale is not perfect but I am quite sure that no school is. Silverdale is not about money or being elite, it is about preparing the students for college , all with a biblical worldview. My son is a senior and is well qualified for the Big colleges. He is not an athlete nor a "favorite" and isn't perception a funny thing. Why would the administration or teachers downgrade students? I am saddened because I can't fathom the bitterness in these families. I have a "nerd" that is loved by staff and students and I have a younger student who is an athlete and is loved by all. People need to understand that every school may not be a good fit for your family .What about pitching in, volunteering, being on a focus group? I will stop my rant but if you WANT the BEST school, it is Silverdale. Take it from a parent that has had both good and bad days there, the good far out weighs the bad. Kind of like marriage....kind of like life....

Posted September 04, 2014
We could not be more pleased with this outstanding school. SBA cares about the child and they understand the importance of a quality education. We have been particularly impressed with the attention given to the spiritual life of our child. Teachers and administrators truly care for children at SBA. Problems are dealt with in a forthright manner and this brings clarity to all situations. Academics are important at this school and they are honored. We could not be more pleased.

Posted August 28, 2014
Stay away from this school and especially the "Impact Program". This is courtesy of several parents that have had the misery of going through this program with their children. THEY ARE ABOUT MONEY!!! Not about education. They put kids in this program to keep the test scores higher in the "regular" classroom. Our child regressed totally as well as several others. We moved our child to the public school and he has made the honor roll twice! I warn you to stay away from this school although, there are some good teachers and staff members, the underlying philosophy of this school is not about Christ but is about, MONEY, ATHLETICS AND ELITE ACADEMIA. If you have money or influence, you will be welcomed with open arms! But beware--these people are wolves in sheep clothing.
5 people found this helpful

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 18, 2014

Silverdale Baptist Academy
7236 Bonny Oaks Drive, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified Silverdale Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Silverdale Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top