6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'm very surprised by the negative reviews in here. In my experience they are inaccurate. My daughter is in middle school here and we've had nothing but great experiences. Of course they are strict and challenge the girls to maximize their learning but that's what makes it a great College Preparatory School. I know for a fact that no bulling or bad behavior is accepted or ignored, and those issues are addressed immediately. The environment is also very accepting of diversity. In fact, my daughter belongs to a racial minority and everyone is great to her. Give GPS a chance. You will have no regrets.

While there are some teachers who interested in teaching the students, there are more teachers who contribute to the oppressive atmosphere. GPS is not interested in encouraging an intelligent student to develop her skills; conformity and loyalty to the institution is of paramount importance. I do not recommend this school, and I would never send a child of mine to GPS.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I loved GPS. Definitely put me a step ahead in college. Teachers are wonderful, the academic atmosphere is incredible, and the extracurricular activities offered are outstanding. I love and cherish wearing my GPS class ring!

GPS is a wonderful place for any developing young lady. They are prepared to meet the needs and exceed the limits for any girl! I can honestly say, that GPS is great to work with parents and help us provide a tremendous opportunity for our daughter. She is a very intelligent young lady and GPS is definately pushing her academically. She is quite/reserved and GPS is getting her involved and offers many activities to get acquainted/come of of her shell. She likes sports, but isn't the all-american athlete and GPS offers her a chance to train and develop a variety of sport skills. She is still our little girl, but shaping into a strong, independant, educated young lady. It is so good to know that there is a place where she can be catered to (figuratively and literally) in a healthy and nurturing way. I have heard girls say , "it is so comfortable". The only negative is the expensive cost. As a public/co-ed school teacher, I struggled with why a private shcool and why an all-girls school, but for what we are learning about our daughter and what she is able to accomplish in her learning - we couldn't affort to NOT send her! "Where does she go from here? Anywhere she wants!"

Now a Woman with Power and Strength- GPS shaped me into the thoughtful, intelligent, and ethical woman I am today. The school puts a large focus on learning to think for oneself and becoming a responsible citizen of the world. I learned that education isn't reserved for the classroom, but for everyday life. There is always something new to discover, be that good or "bad." While " The GPS Bubble" may have existed, I never felt stuck in it. I was always encouraged by my teachers to take risks and explore past what I already knew. By junior/senior year, I was comfortable enough with myself and the risk of failure to really push and extend myself past my comfort zone. Most importantly, GPS was a platform for me to pursue my passions, make lasting friendships, and eat fantastic food from Chef Tom (I still miss the poppy seed chicken and cookies). No other school could have done all this for me.

As a student at GPS, I can honestly say that it is an extremely difficult school for those who aren't white or wealthy. All of the students live in a bubble - most girls have grown up in a relatively wealthy family and will never leave their social class or really understand the real world. Academically, it is wonderful and the teachers care so much about students, but it is so hard to stay grounded in what is important in life. It has definitely prepared me for college, but it has also caused a lot of distress and frustration with the student body.

GPS was an awful experience for me. I went there for 6th and 7th grade. I was constantly bullied and struggled academically. I was thrown in a trash can, locked in a locker, and cornered and written all over with sharpies. I was relieved that I didn't have good enough grades to return. I still know a bunch of girls who still go there, and hate it. It is a popularity contest throughout the whole school. If my kids ever wanted to go there, I wouldn't let them.

Amazing place! I was there for middle school only, but they were the best three years of my life! When I started high school and a public co-ed school, it was so different from GPS.

Excellent school with a focus on academics and becoming a good citizen. Ethics and respect for others are nurtured and academic success is respected by all students.

Last modified Girls Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12