Chattanooga, TN

Posted August 26, 2012
GPS is a wonderful place for any developing young lady. They are prepared to meet the needs and exceed the limits for any girl! I can honestly say, that GPS is great to work with parents and help us provide a tremendous opportunity for our daughter. She is a very intelligent young lady and GPS is definately pushing her academically. She is quite/reserved and GPS is getting her involved and offers many activities to get acquainted/come of of her shell. She likes sports, but isn't the all-american athlete and GPS offers her a chance to train and develop a variety of sport skills. She is still our little girl, but shaping into a strong, independant, educated young lady. It is so good to know that there is a place where she can be catered to (figuratively and literally) in a healthy and nurturing way. I have heard girls say , "it is so comfortable". The only negative is the expensive cost. As a public/co-ed school teacher, I struggled with why a private shcool and why an all-girls school, but for what we are learning about our daughter and what she is able to accomplish in her learning - we couldn't affort to NOT send her! "Where does she go from here? Anywhere she wants!"

Girls Preparatory School 4

Posted July 28, 2012
Now a Woman with Power and Strength- GPS shaped me into the thoughtful, intelligent, and ethical woman I am today. The school puts a large focus on learning to think for oneself and becoming a responsible citizen of the world. I learned that education isn't reserved for the classroom, but for everyday life. There is always something new to discover, be that good or "bad." While " The GPS Bubble" may have existed, I never felt stuck in it. I was always encouraged by my teachers to take risks and explore past what I already knew. By junior/senior year, I was comfortable enough with myself and the risk of failure to really push and extend myself past my comfort zone. Most importantly, GPS was a platform for me to pursue my passions, make lasting friendships, and eat fantastic food from Chef Tom (I still miss the poppy seed chicken and cookies). No other school could have done all this for me.

Girls Preparatory School 3

Posted May 27, 2011
As a student at GPS, I can honestly say that it is an extremely difficult school for those who aren't white or wealthy. All of the students live in a bubble - most girls have grown up in a relatively wealthy family and will never leave their social class or really understand the real world. Academically, it is wonderful and the teachers care so much about students, but it is so hard to stay grounded in what is important in life. It has definitely prepared me for college, but it has also caused a lot of distress and frustration with the student body.

Girls Preparatory School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
GPS was an awful experience for me. I went there for 6th and 7th grade. I was constantly bullied and struggled academically. I was thrown in a trash can, locked in a locker, and cornered and written all over with sharpies. I was relieved that I didn't have good enough grades to return. I still know a bunch of girls who still go there, and hate it. It is a popularity contest throughout the whole school. If my kids ever wanted to go there, I wouldn't let them.

Posted May 21, 2011
Amazing place! I was there for middle school only, but they were the best three years of my life! When I started high school and a public co-ed school, it was so different from GPS.

Posted June 14, 2010
Excellent school with a focus on academics and becoming a good citizen. Ethics and respect for others are nurtured and academic success is respected by all students.

Posted May 05, 2010
This is the school of choice for young women to develop intellectually, socially, and as an individual.

Posted April 26, 2010
It's a wonderful place to work - single-sex education really helps girls to blossom and go for their dreams.

Posted February 02, 2010
As a student I can only say three words 'I love it!' This is the best school in the world. Wherever I am I always feel safe and loved oh and also excited because there is always another activity for us planned. Everybody at GPS is just one family. Being with just girls also helps me concentrate better on my studies and myself for my future. GPS has prepared me for my college years and adulthood. Myself knowing I only have 2 years left almost makes me so sad I love my GPS!!!

Posted December 27, 2009
As an alumna, I could have never been happier with my decision to attend GPS. I was given the choice between GPS and another private but co-ed school in Chattanooga. I gained so much confidence being in an environment with all girls. The teachers I encountered over the years were amazing and changed my life. GPS was very challenging academically and I got frustrated many times over the years, but it was beyond worth it. I go to an SEC school and I find very little challenge in my 3rd year of college. I was more prepared than I could have ever been. I also absolutely loved and still love the traditions of GPS, they are something you will keep with you all your life. I miss GPS everyday and am so thankful it prepared me so well for college and life.

Girls Preparatory School
Po Box 4736, Chattanooga, TN  37405
Last modified Girls Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Girls Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top