Alpine Crest Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 345 students

Posted May 17, 2014

We Have A Grandson In Mrs. Bournes Kindergarten Class She Is An Exceptional Teacher This year Has Gone By Very Quickly We FeeL Blessed But Saddened To Be Leaving Her Class We Will Continue To Support Ace

Posted February 5, 2014

I couldn't possibly be happier with Alpine Crest. My daughter, who is in kindergarten at A.C.E., is both gifted and autistic and she has some needs and behaviors that are a little different from the norm. I've found that the entire staff at A.C.E. is incredibly helpful and accommodating. They are kind to her and have helped her a lot with her individual challenges (even though the precise reason for her challenges wasn't diagnosed until very recently). My daughter is so happy with school that she cries on weekends about wanting to go back. She loves everyone who works there there-- even Steve the janitor! Ms. Ward (kindergarten teacher) and Ms. Fletcher (exceptional education teacher) are both phenomenal. I think that in a less attentive and caring school, my daughter could have gone years without having her problems diagnosed or addressed, but the staff has been concerned and compassionate and compassionate since day one. Even if I had the option of sending my daughter to the best private or magnet schools in the region, I wouldn't. I think that Alpine Crest is Hamilton County's little-known educational treasure. I wouldn't send my child to any other school.

Posted January 28, 2014

My daughter has attended A.C.E since Nov. 2011. Her teachers have been amazing, caring, friendly, and very professional in teaching. I have no complaints or concerns only praises. Just today her 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Hensen put her own safety on the line to ensure my daughter got home safely due to snow, school buses not being able to get to the school, and me not having transportation. She went beyond being just a teacher.

Posted September 18, 2013

I have been an ACE parent for 3 yrs and so far I have been very satisfied with this school. It's a smaller school and has a great sense of community within it. The teachers I have had experience with have been enthusiastic, caring, and most importantly, wonderful educators. Mr. Bell is now in his 2nd year as principal and is making great strides to improve technology in the classrooms and the reading resources. He is very approachable and seems to really care about the kids, staff and the reputation of the school, but sometimes it seems he has some difficulty with following through with things he intends to do. ACE has the potential to be a great school if there were more parents that made more of an effort to be involved.. The staff and administration is very open to having parents be involved, but it seems that few parents actually put forth the effort and time. It's an older school, and the building has seen better days, but this is not uncommon for many school in Hamilton Co. And to respond to the previous reviewer, s/he is way off about the K teachers, they are some of the nicest people there! Also, the front office staff has changed, much for the better.

Posted October 8, 2012

Numerous children in my neighborhood have attended Alpine Crest Elementry over the years.The nick names for the school is A.C.E. , the friendly place. From all the feedback I have received from parents and children, it appears that the school is one of the best kept secrets in the Hamilton County Schools. Teachers remain at the school until they retire, as do the principals, which speaks volumes especially when you look at the data on the school.

Posted May 16, 2010

This school seems to have a superior focus on children with special needs.

Posted May 14, 2010

The principal and teachers are great, they love children and are eager to help the students learn, whatever it takes. It's a smaller school, so there is more time to pay individual attention to those students who need some extra help.

Posted May 12, 2010

We have two grandchildren at this school and we love it. My 6 yr old has Mrs. Bourne for his Kindergarten teacher and she is wonderful. The school is very fortunate to have her. She is very loving and patient with her students. There is an exceptional violin string program at Alpine Crest that very few other schools in the county have. The violin instructor Mr. David Creel comes with high credentials and is a wonderful violin teacher. There are about 32 string students. The music teacher Mrs. Brittingham does a great job with the music program and they do two performances a year that are really good. She is also one of the directors of the Chattanooga Boys Choir. The office staff and principal are very dedicated to the students and do a wonderful job. My children love the school and look forward to going to school every day.

Posted September 18, 2008

This is my daughter's first year in the public school system and I must say, I am (and she is) so very pleasantly surprised. Her Teacher is Mrs. Bourne and she is wonderful. My daughter feels good and is happy everyday when I pick her up. She is kept stimulated and challenged throughout the day. I see her pride in her work as well as in her behavior, which is rewarded on a daily basis. I am very pleased for her to attend this school. In the beginning I, as well as my husband, was very concerned given that we had been hearing people speak unfavorably towards ACE. I have to admit though, it has far exceeded my previous expectations. Thank you ACE for the wonderful job you have done and continue to do.

Posted February 7, 2008

Excellent School. Awesome Principal and office staff. My son is in third grade at Alpine. He is getting a great education because of the wonderful, hard working teachers, who actually give so much of their time and support. He adores the principal, she is always on top of leadership and is so good with all Alpine students. Thank You Alpine for all that you do for my son! Your the best!

Posted January 20, 2008

My son recently started at Alpine Crest in January. It has been an wonderful transition and experience. The staff is very involved and interested in helping each child reach their full potential. The principal fills many shoes through out her day and does an excellent job. She has wonderful leadership skills. I want to thank Alpine Crest for their program and their special interest in family involvement. Keep up the good work. Hamilton County Board of Education should be looking to Alpine Crest as a model for excellence.

Posted January 10, 2008

My two children attend Alpine Crest Elementary and I think it is a great school with great administration, office staff and teachers. I think everyone goes above and beyond for the children at Alpine Crest. I think the parent involvement is wonderful because of the great PTA that we have at Alpine Crest. The PTA does wonderful things for the school like buying computers, updating the playground, paying for the computer teacher and cafeteria monitor and buying many other items that teachers and staff request. The students, parents and staff are what make Alpine Crest the best!

Posted November 24, 2007

This a wonderful school and my daughter could not be happier there. There is a new music teacher and she is an assitant in the Chattanooga Boys Choir. I went to this school when I was a child. It is still the best school around.

Posted November 23, 2007

I have gone to this school for five years. Next year is my last, and I am very sad. All the teachers are wonderful. I agree that there is a lack of parent involvement, but the school cannot help that. If you want your child to go to a great school send them to Alpine Crest (the very best). Our motto is: I am respectful I am responsible I am caring I am ready to learn I have Tiger Pride!
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 21, 2007

It was hard for my 5 year old to go from the comfort of his Pre-K class but, Alpine made the transition easier. He is in Kindergarten and is getting enthusiastic about school. His teacher is very patient with him and encouraging. The school setting is very quiet and I haven't seen kids being disrespectful to the teachers. It is the parents job to instill good manners and teacher your child how to respect others especially adults. I think it is a wonderful class size which makes it easier for the teachers to spend a little extra time with the children. I like this school despite what some people have said in their reviews.

Posted October 19, 2006

My child is in the first grade at Alpine and we couldnt be happier. The teachers are very caring and want to make sure their students are ready to promote to the next grade. Alpine a reading program in place that really encourages the students to read. The principal, Mrs. Day, is a breath of fresh air. She is a very kind principle but also a tough disciplinarian. I feel that my child is very safe at Alpine. Alpine has just this year hired a new P.E. teacher and Music teacher and Computer teacher. The students love their new teachers. As for parent involvement, it could be better, but, there is parent involvement and those involved do a great job.

Posted June 24, 2006

When choosing a school district to move to, we were told by several people that Alpine was a great school. They were very wrong. We had two children enrolled at this school and in all our school years this school was the worse school we have ever attended. Many many discipline problems. Children who don't care to do the work and are very disrespectful of teachers and their classmates. Parents who pitted one against the other. Lack of parent involvement. I would not send my child to this school. Music program is nothing more than watching a movie. Do not send your child to this school. I am not the only parent who feels this way. Have spoken to others who made the mistake of sending their chid to this school.

Posted September 13, 2005

My child is now into his 4th year at Alpine and we have loved every moment. The schools has a great staff that continues to impress us. My son enjoys his teachers and has at avery level, K-4. Alpine is perhaps the best kept secret in all of Hamilton County.

Posted July 9, 2005

My child just finished kindergarten at Alpine Crest. I think it is a wonderful school and I am just floored at how well my daughter was reading midway through the school year! I do wish there was more parent involvement as the PTA and many events were lacking parental attendance. The teachers seem wonderfuland patient and the principal is energetic. I like the quietness of the setting and the smaller size. My daughter feels comfortable there and has gotten to know many of the students in grades above her.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 49% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 84% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Tennessee used the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) Achievement Test to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading/language arts, math, science and social studies. The TCAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Tennessee. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Math

The state average for Math was 49% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 56% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 57% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

Writing

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 62% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

All Students86%

All Students83%
White90%
Economically disadvantaged86%

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

Algebra I

Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 62%N/A55%

Fax number
  • (423) 874-1939

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4700 Stagg Rd