Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted May 17, 2014
We Have A Grandson In Mrs. Bournes Kindergarten Class She Is An Exceptional Teacher This year Has Gone By Very Quickly We FeeL Blessed But Saddened To Be Leaving Her Class We Will Continue To Support Ace

Posted February 05, 2014
I couldn't possibly be happier with Alpine Crest. My daughter, who is in kindergarten at A.C.E., is both gifted and autistic and she has some needs and behaviors that are a little different from the norm. I've found that the entire staff at A.C.E. is incredibly helpful and accommodating. They are kind to her and have helped her a lot with her individual challenges (even though the precise reason for her challenges wasn't diagnosed until very recently). My daughter is so happy with school that she cries on weekends about wanting to go back. She loves everyone who works there there-- even Steve the janitor! Ms. Ward (kindergarten teacher) and Ms. Fletcher (exceptional education teacher) are both phenomenal. I think that in a less attentive and caring school, my daughter could have gone years without having her problems diagnosed or addressed, but the staff has been concerned and compassionate and compassionate since day one. Even if I had the option of sending my daughter to the best private or magnet schools in the region, I wouldn't. I think that Alpine Crest is Hamilton County's little-known educational treasure. I wouldn't send my child to any other school.

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter has attended A.C.E since Nov. 2011. Her teachers have been amazing, caring, friendly, and very professional in teaching. I have no complaints or concerns only praises. Just today her 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Hensen put her own safety on the line to ensure my daughter got home safely due to snow, school buses not being able to get to the school, and me not having transportation. She went beyond being just a teacher.

Alpine Crest Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
I have been an ACE parent for 3 yrs and so far I have been very satisfied with this school. It's a smaller school and has a great sense of community within it. The teachers I have had experience with have been enthusiastic, caring, and most importantly, wonderful educators. Mr. Bell is now in his 2nd year as principal and is making great strides to improve technology in the classrooms and the reading resources. He is very approachable and seems to really care about the kids, staff and the reputation of the school, but sometimes it seems he has some difficulty with following through with things he intends to do. ACE has the potential to be a great school if there were more parents that made more of an effort to be involved.. The staff and administration is very open to having parents be involved, but it seems that few parents actually put forth the effort and time. It's an older school, and the building has seen better days, but this is not uncommon for many school in Hamilton Co. And to respond to the previous reviewer, s/he is way off about the K teachers, they are some of the nicest people there! Also, the front office staff has changed, much for the better.

Alpine Crest Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2012
Numerous children in my neighborhood have attended Alpine Crest Elementry over the years.The nick names for the school is A.C.E. , the friendly place. From all the feedback I have received from parents and children, it appears that the school is one of the best kept secrets in the Hamilton County Schools. Teachers remain at the school until they retire, as do the principals, which speaks volumes especially when you look at the data on the school.

Posted May 16, 2010
This school seems to have a superior focus on children with special needs.

Posted May 14, 2010
The principal and teachers are great, they love children and are eager to help the students learn, whatever it takes. It's a smaller school, so there is more time to pay individual attention to those students who need some extra help.

Alpine Crest Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
We have two grandchildren at this school and we love it. My 6 yr old has Mrs. Bourne for his Kindergarten teacher and she is wonderful. The school is very fortunate to have her. She is very loving and patient with her students. There is an exceptional violin string program at Alpine Crest that very few other schools in the county have. The violin instructor Mr. David Creel comes with high credentials and is a wonderful violin teacher. There are about 32 string students. The music teacher Mrs. Brittingham does a great job with the music program and they do two performances a year that are really good. She is also one of the directors of the Chattanooga Boys Choir. The office staff and principal are very dedicated to the students and do a wonderful job. My children love the school and look forward to going to school every day.

Posted September 01, 2009

Alpine Crest Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
This is my daughter's first year in the public school system and I must say, I am (and she is) so very pleasantly surprised. Her Teacher is Mrs. Bourne and she is wonderful. My daughter feels good and is happy everyday when I pick her up. She is kept stimulated and challenged throughout the day. I see her pride in her work as well as in her behavior, which is rewarded on a daily basis. I am very pleased for her to attend this school. In the beginning I, as well as my husband, was very concerned given that we had been hearing people speak unfavorably towards ACE. I have to admit though, it has far exceeded my previous expectations. Thank you ACE for the wonderful job you have done and continue to do.

Alpine Crest Elementary School
4700 Stagg Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37415
(423) 874-1921
Last modified Alpine Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alpine Crest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top