Bad
Good

East Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
The security and curriculum are great for the kids! The teachers and other staff really care about the students, and answer and qUestions or concerns you may have! I love the car rider procedures!

East Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2012
This school and the teachers are EXCELLENT! My kindergartener is reading now, small words but still reading! The problem with fighting and bullying coming from the children bused in from other areas is a real problem. I think for the safety of the children who live here in East Ridge the busing needs to stop! Go to school where you live is much needed. I believe it is time for change at East Ridge Elementary for the better!

East Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2011
I work at E.R.E., and see great potential for this school. As this school was the result of the merge of two large elementary schools, it seems only fair to expect an adjustment period for systems to get in place, staff to solidify, and kids to feel at home. I am quite amazed at how well the first year went considering all the factors involved. I am certain beyond a doubt that things will become more comfortable and "well-oiled" in the second year. These children and families are amazing, and from all walks of like. We are blessed with diversity and culture, and I am so excited about year number two!

Posted August 23, 2010
We love the new school, the old school was also great. The principal and teachers care alot about the children and the education they get. It's a shame that people whom do not live in this area and try to bring their kids to this school have to put it down. Keep up the great work.

East Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2010
A Brand new school with lots to offer. But the principal and office staff could care less about the parent. Rules change everyday. Car line is a nightmare. They want our engines off in car line while we wait for 45 min to an hr. which is unsafe in 100 degree weather. The children wait outside for their name to be called and not inside where it's safer. You can't check out you child after 2:45 no matter what. You have to check your child out earlier than 2:45. This can cause the child to loose homework assignment time. This school is a big disapiontment. There are a lot of complaints about the school from zoned parents not just those that are not.

East Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
There is nothing nice to say about this new "mega school"!!! Makes me VERY sad:( if you want to feel unwanted, your child talked to like a dog & be able to check your child out without being asked for ID~~ this is the school for you!!I was actually asked why I was in the building on the 3rd day of school!! Not, good morning Mom, thank you for coming, I'm glad to see you involved. Rules change daily without notice. I'm very involved in my Childs education but you will NOT see me at this school being the homeroom mom that I've been for 4 years. My house is for sale & I pray something will change!!!

East Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2008
The principle of East Ridge Elementary does not appear to be oriented to children of this age group. I have been in the school in the morning when the principle was making morning announcements that were geared toward the children. It was clear to me she was not able to speak to the children on their level. I do not believe she is an advocate for the children as she claims to be.

Posted October 05, 2004
The school is wonderful! it is a community within itself. The teachers are kind, loving, and dedicated to their jobs. The atmosphere is inviting and I would reccomend the school to anyone.

Posted June 18, 2004
My daughter had a wonderful kindergarten year at East Ridge Elementary! The classes are small, the teachers are great, and the school has a cozy, nurturing environment. I love the neighborhood and the school population is like a great big family. The principal is very dedicated to the school. The students always seem happy and excited to be at school. It's the best little elementary school in Chattanooga!

East Ridge Elementary School
1014 John Ross Road, Chattanooga, TN  37412
Last modified East Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.