Chattanooga, TN

East Ridge High School 2

Posted October 29, 2011
A school on the decline. The district has done much to wreck this school with questionable leadership choices. The new principal is over his head, and the assistant is totally clueless. The previous principal lasted a year and never even tried. Parental involvement has dropped off considerably. The fact that the leadership doesn't support vocational education puts it at cross-purposes with the schools leadership. A third of the faculty left last year. I'm glad that my children are grown and I don't have to deal with this place anymore. It really used to be a good school.

East Ridge High School 1

Posted October 21, 2009

East Ridge High School 4

Posted October 09, 2008
Tis school is fantastic! The administration id knowledgable and very hard working. Classroom expectations are high and afterschool activites are very strong. Band and choir porgrams are active in the community.

East Ridge High School 5

Posted September 16, 2008

Posted January 23, 2007

Posted January 19, 2006
I belive that this school needs a lot of improvement such as a more diverse history cultural atmosphere. I think that the teachers are very dedicated to thier jobs and students. I know that the adminitreters are doing what they think is right but I belive that if somebody actually sat down and talked with us about how we think we could make the school better and what we think should be in that school more students would want to go to school. One thing that I have heard a lot from the students is that they want to learn more about their history such as Africn American, Hispanic, Asian ect,

East Ridge High School 5

Posted December 13, 2005
I have three kids and they all attend Eastridge i Think we have a wonderful school this year we have a new principal(Mr. Bean) whom has made a really big diffence in the school and we have great teachers who really care about your children but with all schools you and your child have to show interst in yourself we have great community and parent support.

Posted July 30, 2005
2004-2005 was the first year my children were in a public school. With this in mind I cannot compare E. Ridge to other public schools. As a parent I feel the administration could use some improvemen, as in the communication is the worst I've ever encountered. During the school year I could ask 5 different people the same question and get 10 different answers. I felt for the most part the teachers cared about my children. The administration on the other hand, I felt they really couldn't careless as long as the kids weren't causing them any extra work or getting into trouble. When I asked 'what are you doing to prepare my kids for the furure?' as in what type of leadership skills, etc. I was told 'they're making good grades' the administration couldn't give me a better answer. by the looks I got noone understood my question.

Posted May 24, 2005
- a former student
I am a recent graduate of East Ridge and I believe it is a great school. It offers many activites to keep the students involved. They also have a great staff. The teachers are very dedicated and thats very important to students. Best time of my life!

East Ridge High School 2

Posted April 27, 2005

East Ridge High School
4320 Bennett Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37412
Last modified East Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top