Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

With the administration they have, Westview is more of a prison than a school! If you send your child here just watch out for the front desk people. they never smile and don't want to help you. during lunch, you can't talk or you'll get "written up" the PATROL the school. the assist. principal and several other staff members walk around the tables glaring at kids and yelling "talk again I'll write you up" its like eating in a prison cafeteria. then you wait in a hallway for 5-10 mins silent, and they do the same thing. when you FINALLY get to go outside you probably just half to walk for whispering one word in the cafeteria----keep scrolling through the reviews, you'll see a parent who says this same thing and that's because its true!!! Art class is ridiculous. anyone who says "art class" is incorporated into everything---they're wrong. P.E. is boring and the teacher is tedious. THE BULLYING IS SEVERE. Kids I guess are treated bad at home because kids are always complaining about bullies and especially the boys---they're evil to everyone and to each other. My advice is to invest in a private school or send your kids to a better public/charter school.

I'm currently a middle school student who attended Westview for a year before transferring to a private school. I am hoping they've begun to undergo some changes but I did't like it when I went there. First off, the staff. I was never a girl that got into trouble, but the administration scared me. The staff acted like they HAD to be there, not that they wanted to be. They yelled, and were mean and I always felt their cold stares when I walked down the hallways. The teachers are decent, some better than others. My brother got a sweet teacher but mine didn't have a good method of teaching and I felt like falling asleep half the time--and I LIKE school. Because of this, everyone in my class misbehaved, passed notes, and talked. Secondly, the academics. In my opinion, the curriculum was too basic and in my class, everything we started, we never finished. We had reading groups but we only met three, maybe four times that entire YEAR. Third, the "related arts." I had a music teacher that I'm pretty sure doesn't teach there anymore but music was decent. We sang songs, learned the recorder, etc. The "art class" is a joke. You have to pay to have it after school and I believe all kids should be able to have art. "Computer class" isn't even a class. It's basically an electronic recess. We just sat there playing games (as I remember, they didn't have to be educational) and our teacher just graded papers. Last, the students. I made a few friends but a lot of people are mean, cuss at everyone, and don't care to make friends. In conclusion, my new school may have some bumps but overall, I'm glad I transferred.

Westview Elementary is an all-around above average school from the Teachers & Students to the Quality & Location of the school it can only be described as Great!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers take the time to teach the students and push them to excellence. Some of the best teachers in the county teach at this school. All students are led by example.

Great parental involvement and very caring teachers. All school staff are caring for the students and provide the students with a can do and will do attitude toward school. Very satisfied with our 2 daughters who attended this school. Teachers great, leadership great, and school nurse most excellent.

My daughter just graduated from Westview and my whole family have been very satisfied with teachers, staffs, and school system. Apison is another good school; however, they will initiate a big apartment complex in the Apison area soon; therefore, Westview is and will be the best in the East Chattanooga Area!!

I currently have a 2nd and 4th grader at Westview. Both of whom have attended since Kindergarten. We evaluated several local private schools and ultimately choose to move to this district specifically so our children could attend Westview. We have been very pleased with our choice. Our eldest is enrolled in advanced studies (gifted) and we have been delighted to have this added enrichment.

This school gets two stars only for the teachers. We have had wonderful experiences with the teachers that my children have had throughout the years. However, the rest of the staff is very unfriendly and rude. The students seems to feel terrified of the administration, particularly the principal. The principal is extremely bitter towards parents and students for some unknown reason. My kids love their teachers, but they still come home upset and drained because school feels like a prison to them with a mean principal as the warden.

Either parents or staff from this school are submitting raving reviews to boost this school's scores up! For example, in February of 2012 a parent posted a review claiming that art is neglected at Westview, but just one month later a parent gives Westview 5 stars and goes on and on about how great Westview is and how art is so incorporated into the school. I think the fact that Westview has to write these fake reviews shows just how insecure they are about any criticism of their school.

Excellent teachers, cheerful happy children. The office staff are less than friendly to parents and rude to the children. I like how the teachers go above and beyond. Helping the children achieve success. My child loves school! They get little time to talk at lunch or "she" yells at them. My child enjoys music, science and Library. Its a great school. I'm glad we are here. Good luck with the (office/attendance/lunch) women. She needs people skills and a heart...

Last modified Westview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.