Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted July 21, 2013
For the last 8 years I have been a teacher at BTSE. This has been a great place to teach and for students to learn. All schools have problems but when parents, teachers and administration work together great success can be achieved. I look at some of the parent comments and read the bashing of our school for single years not multiples. Those could have been the same issues at another school! What did you do personally to create a change in the our school for your child if you noticed a problem?

Bess T Shepherd Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter went here for the second grade after we moved down here from up North, and it have been a complete waste of time! Her teacher Mrs. Talley miss more days out the school year like no other. I never heard of a second grade class that don't give out spelling tests nor timed fast facts! My daughter has spent most of her school year with a sub, and you know what that means...FUN DAY EVERYDAY W/ NO HOMEWORK! I'M VERY UNHAPPY HERE AND WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR

Posted November 27, 2011
Ms Brown is the new principal and I thinks she is doing a get job with our children. And Bess T Shepherd does not have a pto no more. We are thePTA now and we have 98 members and all of us is helping with the school to be better. Plus we have the best teachers and others staff to be the best in what they do. Me as a parent and a PTA member we put in alot of work. So I think our school should be rated better than a 3. Our school learns alot from the staff, and the teachers are great too, they go out the way for the children and my child is smart and I love her teacher, she is great. I think its sad that our school don't get the right credit they deserve, we have lots of smart children that needs credit. I don't understand way they are not known

Bess T Shepherd Elementary School 3

Posted July 20, 2010
A growing PTO and new principal staff will contribute to a five-star score in no time! Keep up the good work Bess T.!

Posted November 20, 2009
I am very happy with this school. The principal is great, the teachers are fantastic and the curriculum is just what my son needed.

Bess T Shepherd Elementary School 0

Posted November 19, 2009
I love teaching at Bess T. As a related arts teacher, I teach every child in the school. Our children and parents are wonderful and that makes going to work every day a pleasure.

Posted November 17, 2009
I transferred my son to Bess T. because of the diversity of the school. I have been particularly pleased at the level of communication from the teachers and administration at the school. It is very evident that this school puts students achievement (both academic and personal) first. I am so glad that I made the decision to put him at Bess T. I think that he will have a great foundation to build upon as he continues through elementary school and future education pathways.

Bess T Shepherd Elementary School 0

Posted November 17, 2009
Bess T. Shepherd Elementary School is a wonderful place in which to work. The teachers and administration provide personal and professional support.

Posted November 17, 2009
What a great place to work with students and parents!

Bess T Shepherd Elementary School
7126 Tyner Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified Bess T Shepherd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bess T Shepherd Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top