Bad
Good

great school. academically superb. well behaved students who are bright and enthusiastic. wonderful!

I am happy to go to Brainerd.This is my final year and yes we have problem like every other school but if they wouldn't worry so much about being late or in dress code, even letting you go to the restroom.We have no time to get to each class,get to our lockers and get what we need, or even go to the restroom and all in 5 mins.Some teachers getting upset if you joke and kid with them on free time and get even if they don't like them by failing them.Teachers need to give them a chance to make things up to help them pass instead of just letting them fail without help.But the thing that counts most is my friends.If you have great friends like I have then you can make it at Brainerd. This Our Year Baby! Class Of '09 - We in Here!

I am a former student of Brainerd. During the time I attended, there were a lot of things going on throughout the city which had an impact on Brainerd. In the early to mid eighties, Brainerd was considered to be a premier school wtih talent ranging from music, academics atheletics and more. The changes in the city included mutiple school closings and public housing changes. Brainerd had to bare the brunt and accept the fact that a new social environment was involved. Those changes have occured exponentially since then.For those that cannot afford to send your child to prove school, just become more involved with the childs education at Brainerd and you and your family will acheive the level of success comparable to any private education alone. I can say this because I have attained the highest education in the land, with achievements in Medicine. I can say BHS works.

1st off, problem is not more so the students but the enviorment, the things we do not have. There are little issues here & there that are never adressed and those small things essentially become big problems. I am a senior there and let me be the one to say that it is not full of gang related no good black people, we are regular people trying to do the right thing. I am involved in Student Venture there, which is a program to reach high schools to Jesus. I am also in Why Know which encourages us to save sex for mariage along with making alot of positive choices. Don't be fooled to think that just because it is majority black that we are just a crazy school. I thought that but now I have been attending since 9th grade. It is just the guinence being unprepared and lack of

i wouldn't recommend this school to any parent my child has been there since the 9th grade and the teachers there hasn't improved, i don't think the teachers there care about the students i feel its more of a paycheck than anything , also the gang population there is horrible we have a principal who doesn't need to be there because he doesn't do i thing i so glad this is my child final year. sending her there was one of my biggest mistakes

Having graduated from Brainerd and now in grad school I feel I can properly discuss what the issues are with my alma mater. It seems the same things have been going on for years with Brainerd; lack of teacher commitment, disrespectful students, poor or misplaced attention by administration. First, I had a choice of McCallie, Brainerd, Baylor and a few other schools. My situation was different having come from a private school, but living in the neighborhood zone of BHS. a change needs to come from inside. The teachers need to buckle down and learn to communicate properly with the type of students they have walking the halls. Some are going to be great students some need extra pushed, like any school. But the stigma of being majority black and underpriveledged, has its drawbacks. Parents need to more involved as a whole. I could go on and on,

To me Brainerd is in OK school its not all that. The teachers and principal do not put effort in to what we do instead of worring about our grades and helping us out they worry about shirt,uniforms. I graduate in 09 and ill b glad when i do...

Let's also talk about the teachers who disrespect and bully the students. I have witnessed teachers cursing at students, teasing them in front of their peers, and yes man handling the students. I'm tired of earing how the sudents are disrespectful and no one wants to talk about the teachers. You must give respect to get respect. Children are people too. This school is absolutely out of control and someone needs to step in and get rid of the teachers and administrators who are losing control.

In spite of our efforts, we continue to be on the list of low performing schools. There is no parental involvement to speak of, and the children are years behind when they come to us. The attitude and disrespect of the students and parents is beyond belief--why do you think we have such a faculty turnover.

I don't think that the school is bad. My daughter goes to Brainerd High School when she ask could she go to the school in her 9th grade year in my mind I thought o lord why but I let her go and [it] was one of the best things I have ever did. Brainerd is a wonderful school. My daughter is the 13th in Chattanooga academics and when I did research 38 out of 50 students from Brainerd [are] on the list.

Last modified Brainerd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.