Chattanooga, TN

Posted August 24, 2014
This is my first year at CCA and I am a vocal major and so far it has been great! Obviously there is a lot more ahead for me though. There's rarely any bullying. You can be who you want to be and nobody will judge you. Although there is no sports ( which I'm happy about ) until about high school when you can take it for a semester. I think the teacher and learning is great!

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 2

Posted December 26, 2013
I believe that CCA is a great school for an alternative student. The academic classes here are pretty up to date, however could be improved. I believe to fit in at this school and truly get the "full package" of the arts, academics and socially you have to be a different kind of student and person. The people are fairly welcoming here, the teachers are overall nice, the school building is kept clean and bullying is kept at a low. However, if you do not consider yourself an alternative person, very different from the "normal person", then I do not recommend going here. The majority of people that come into this school will experience some kind of major culture shock, which isn't a bad thing considering that is the real world. As far as punishing at CCA, I would say some serious issues are ignored(such as cheating, drugs, fighting and alcohol). I feel like this is an overall good school for your 100% artsy, alternative student. But, if you don't feel that different from your "normal" classmates, I wouldn't recommend CCA.

Posted August 13, 2013
CCA pushes their students to achieve highly in their regular coursework as well as their art. Going to this school is a privilege. To earn this privilege, you must prove yourself academically and show your gift in art. Obviously, if you are not an artist, dancer, musician, actor, singer, etc... this school is not for you. CCA offers the best of both worlds. A top notch college prep education and an opportunity to do what you love. They provide the same education a normal high school/middle school would (yes, of course, they have technology!). The extracurricular activities differ quite a bit; orchestra vs. band, musicals/plays/dance/ art shows vs. organized sports. After all, these kids are not here for organized sports. they are here to immerse themselves in the arts.

Posted May 22, 2013
I absolutely love CCA. I just finished my Junior year, and yes it was hard, but it needed to be to prepare me for the future. There are, in fact, three computer labs in the school, so yes, we have technology. There aren't any sports, that's right, but most of the students don't really care. We came to this school for the arts, and those who want to play sports more just go to a regular public school. I love this school, and the people in it, and I'm so glad that I don't go anywhere else.

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 1

Posted November 26, 2012
I think that CCA is a unnecessary school. There is not any technology classses or home economics. There is not any sports. This school does not help students choose a reasonable career.

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 1

Posted October 01, 2012
CCA has become a place that is only focused on its test scores. Period. Everything revolves on the image and not substance. I was asked to leave because my math scores were not high enough. I know others who have been booted out as well, some in the middle of their senior year. Admission to CCA is supposed to be based on audition, but it isn't. Your academic record can make or break your admission regardless of your audition.

Posted January 26, 2012
I attended CCA from 2002-2006, It was a great school, but during my senior year they would not cooperate with the senior body. but other than that it is a good school and would most likely send my daughter to that school.

Posted November 14, 2011
CCA is a school of over acheivers. There, of course, are a few who find the work load a little to rigorous but for those who enjoy a challenge along with being further educated in the arts, CCA is the school for you. I am now a senior at CCA and although it is extremely stressful, it will be worth it. Due to the fact that CCA is one of the top school not only in our surrounding areas but also the state, having that name on my transcript will be an acheivment no one can overlook. The teachers are excellent. To tell the truth their a breath of fresh air. Every teacher you'll encounter at CCA has not only the willingness to help you suceed but the determination to see you through all your years at CCA. I love them all and will miss them greatly.

Posted June 12, 2011
I attended CCA from 2004-2008, grade 9 to grade 12. I can honestly say they were four of the most amazing years of my life. Not only was it a school where it was safe to be open about every part of who I was, but also a place I could grow and be pushed to improve myself, not only by the strong arts programs but also by the equally strong academics. Some may say the academics are not where they need to be, but as someone who is one year from finishing college and has taken plenty of courses in natural science, math, foreign language and may other academic fields, I was very prepared and I have the grades to show it. The school has a strong identity of what it is. There is an excellent community of students who care for one another. Violence was an incredibly rare occurrence in my days there. The teachers are actively involved in students lives and since the school is so small, teachers are able to get to know their students individually. No school is perfect and CCA is no exception, but if you are a student who has a passion for the arts and wants a school with caring teachers and a student body who are much better at accepting differences than the average teens, CCA is the place.

Posted March 15, 2010
i love cca this is my first year and i love it and i allways hated school espeiccly brown middle but cca is the best

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts
1301 Dallas Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37405
Last modified Chatt High Center For Creative Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chatt High Center For Creative Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top