Chattanooga, TN

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 5

Posted May 09, 2015
CCA is an excellent school! This is my daughter's first year and the curriculum is top notch

Posted April 27, 2015
CCA is a performing arts school and the arts classes and teachers are the best the city has to offer. With all the performances, rehearsals, and schoolwork, you will have to have discipline to keep up. As for parents who are considering sending their child here, CCA will teach them self discipline, accountability, and responsibility along with lots of fun and preparation for furthering their education.

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 2

Posted January 27, 2015
The language arts teachers were excellent; the math and social studies teachers were a little above average; the science was uneven with one teacher being demanding, dis-organized and unpredictable but who at least knew science and the other being someone drafted from another related field. The various art and music teachers are experts in their fields, versus having a teacher who just majored in a field in college. The principal is more a politician than an educator, so appearances are stressed over the reality. I am giving the school two stars because of the unnecessary work and stress level, the emphasis on 'common core' for political reasons, but the language art department probably deserves a five.

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 5

Posted August 24, 2014
This is my first year at CCA and I am a vocal major and so far it has been great! Obviously there is a lot more ahead for me though. There's rarely any bullying. You can be who you want to be and nobody will judge you. Although there is no sports ( which I'm happy about ) until about high school when you can take it for a semester. I think the teacher and learning is great!

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts 2

Posted December 26, 2013
I believe that CCA is a great school for an alternative student. The academic classes here are pretty up to date, however could be improved. I believe to fit in at this school and truly get the "full package" of the arts, academics and socially you have to be a different kind of student and person. The people are fairly welcoming here, the teachers are overall nice, the school building is kept clean and bullying is kept at a low. However, if you do not consider yourself an alternative person, very different from the "normal person", then I do not recommend going here. The majority of people that come into this school will experience some kind of major culture shock, which isn't a bad thing considering that is the real world. As far as punishing at CCA, I would say some serious issues are ignored(such as cheating, drugs, fighting and alcohol). I feel like this is an overall good school for your 100% artsy, alternative student. But, if you don't feel that different from your "normal" classmates, I wouldn't recommend CCA.

Posted August 13, 2013
CCA pushes their students to achieve highly in their regular coursework as well as their art. Going to this school is a privilege. To earn this privilege, you must prove yourself academically and show your gift in art. Obviously, if you are not an artist, dancer, musician, actor, singer, etc... this school is not for you. CCA offers the best of both worlds. A top notch college prep education and an opportunity to do what you love. They provide the same education a normal high school/middle school would (yes, of course, they have technology!). The extracurricular activities differ quite a bit; orchestra vs. band, musicals/plays/dance/ art shows vs. organized sports. After all, these kids are not here for organized sports. they are here to immerse themselves in the arts.

Posted May 22, 2013
I absolutely love CCA. I just finished my Junior year, and yes it was hard, but it needed to be to prepare me for the future. There are, in fact, three computer labs in the school, so yes, we have technology. There aren't any sports, that's right, but most of the students don't really care. We came to this school for the arts, and those who want to play sports more just go to a regular public school. I love this school, and the people in it, and I'm so glad that I don't go anywhere else.

Posted December 17, 2012
My daughter attended this year. Had to withdraw her. The gang element ever bad. An ebonics school if ever there was one. she reported fighting and bullying all the tme noting done. A total failue

Posted November 26, 2012
I think that CCA is a unnecessary school. There is not any technology classses or home economics. There is not any sports. This school does not help students choose a reasonable career.

Posted October 01, 2012
CCA has become a place that is only focused on its test scores. Period. Everything revolves on the image and not substance. I was asked to leave because my math scores were not high enough. I know others who have been booted out as well, some in the middle of their senior year. Admission to CCA is supposed to be based on audition, but it isn't. Your academic record can make or break your admission regardless of your audition.

Chatt High Center For Creative Arts
1301 Dallas Road, Chattanooga, TN  37405
Last modified Chatt High Center For Creative Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chatt High Center For Creative Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top