Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
I read the previous comment regarding the administration and felt compelled to add that the central office made changes and the current administration is amazing and as a parent I couldn't be happier. I have one child who graduated from CSAS and one child with a few years yet to go. Both have received a stellar education from a diverse school with such wonderful opportunities offered by a devoted faculty and administration.

Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe 3

Posted October 29, 2011
I have been at this school for over a decade and I speak for a majority of the high school when i say that we hate the change in administration over that last 3 years. The teachers and education are still amazing but the level of "student satisfactions" has gone down drastically. Its also not just student who don't like the administration, but parents and teachers also.

Posted February 11, 2011
I'm a freshman at CSAS and it is my first year, but I will graduate from CSAS. It is a superb school and students do have a say in what goes on. We have student government which does change the way the school is run. All of the teachers are fantastic. I have no idea what parents are saying about their students struggling. We are given every opportunity to succeed. People who want their students to be very involved with sports need to understand that although we have a small athletic department we still have sports. CSAS is just a heavily academic based school. We have seminar in all classes and one every wednesday. Seminar pushes students to think about things from multiple views and you learn about many things from seminar. The classes are roughly 150 kids and we are bonded from the start. I truly believe if you want your child to excel and get every opportunity to go to the best college they can go to, send them to CSAS. CSAS requires 18 parent volunteer hours a year and students must also volunteer. For freshmen it is 10 and goes up every year. It is an amazing school and I'm very proud to say I attend CSAS,

Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe 3

Posted October 06, 2010
My son started at CSAS in the 11th grade from Tyner. He was shocked at how much more demanding it was. He never was happy there, and barely graduated. My middle son was able to start there in 9th grade because the other son was accepted, so he experienced this as his high school. My older son was the top of the class at Tyner, but struggled to pass the classes at CSAS. Both were gifted, but both only achieved B's and C's, if not F's, at CSAS. At Tyner Middle, both were A+ students. So there is definitely a discrepancy in the level of education offered at our different magnet schools, And I think there is a definite lack of support for students who should be able to succeed with a little extra help, or guidance, at CSAS. Both my kids were smart, but had few friends, and struggled.

Posted August 18, 2010
It's on par with expensive private schools, and I love the parent and community involvement.

Posted July 21, 2010
My child has been attending CSAS since first grade and will be going into 6th this year. This school is awsome! Children start a foreign language class in kindergarden and continue until they graduate. All Children are treated equally! I have read some negative reviews on here and notice they are a few years old. The school is old but many renovations have been done. The school is not crumbling down! Many school buildings in Chattanooga are in need for new buildings and/or renovations. The parents that have said the children run around wild and there are too many field trips, are not understanding the Paideia Philosophy. It is more "hands-on" learning than sitting still and lectured from a book. The very first year my child attended (1st grade), I was pleasantly suprised at how the middle and high scoolers looked after the little ones. I love it!

Posted April 16, 2010
This school teaches students to think vs just memorizing facts.

Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe 4

Posted December 13, 2009

Posted November 20, 2009

Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe 4

Posted June 11, 2009

Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe
865 East 3rd St, Chattanooga, TN  37403
Last modified Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chattanooga School for Arts and Sciences Csas Uppe Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top