Posted September 30, 2014
We are new to the county and have 2 kids currently enrolled at this school. So far the school and staff have been a blessing and exceeded our expectations. Our children love it here and the teachers are wonderful. The only thing I wish is that the classes were smaller, but maybe that will change with the opening of the new building next year.

Posted November 09, 2013
Our motto is: Excellence Above Expectations. The teachers and administrators work hard to give students the best education possible.

Posted August 08, 2013
We have four kids, three of whom go to East Brainerd Elemantary. We love this school, never have we had an issue. Everyone is so loving and welcoming. The education my kids have gotten from this school, will stand up to the real world and its standards. Last year my son went on a field trip just about every month and some months two times. I would give this school 10 stars if I could.

Posted April 29, 2013
East Brainerd Elementary has been and continues to be a blessing to me and my family. I have had children, grandchildren and at present have a great grandchild in that school. We have been very pleased with the staff and the education our children are/have received. The staff is always helpful and available. The only negative about this school is not the educators, but the parent involvement in the school. Yes, the school is an old building and as old goes it needs many thing: however, we will be getting a new school...eventually..and that will be better. You just can't beat the continued strive to be excellent.

Posted April 26, 2013
East Brainerd Elementary has been a great fit for our family. There is great communication from the school. They could use more parental involvement, but who knows why some parents aren't able or choose not to volunteer. I volunteer every week, and feel very comfortable with the environment that our kindergarten age child is in every day. The school works hard to raise money and provide new opportunities and equipment for the children.

Posted August 02, 2012
My son has been attending East Brainard for two years now and he has loved all of his teachers They are kind, creative and organized. He will be going into 3rd grade this year and looking forwad to it! Great school and administration. Cant wait till they build the new school here soon. Randy Scorocca

Posted April 05, 2011
My daughter attends East Brainerd Elementary school and I could not be more pleased. The Faculty and Staff are outstanding! The school is old, but a building does not make the school. The Faculty and Staff go out of their way to make sure that you are welcome. The communication from the school is constant and informative. The school sends monthly newsletters, sends connect-ed calls, and most classes/grade levels send home agendas or newsletters. The school has an open door policy which I love! I can come in and out as I please observing my child's class, volunteering, or having lunch with my child. For anyone who has a negative thing to say about EBE, I would challenge that statement, by asking how involved they are? Have they done their part by meeting with the teacher or administration to voice concerns? My experience is that EBE cares about the success of the child and will do what is in the best interest of the child. Hamilton County schools overall may face issues as all public schools do, but at EBE they make it work.

Posted April 05, 2011
We were trying to make a decision about my child staying in private school or transferring to a local public school. After much debate and my child touring EBE, we decided that EBE was the school for us. My child loves EBE more than the private school she was attending. Her teachers at EBE have been Ms. Papillion and Ms. Pflug. These two teachers are outstanding. They have challenged my child and raised not only her grades, but her confidence as well. I have had nothing but positive interaction not only with her teachers, but the principal as well. I would encourage anyone looking for a great school with great teachers to look no where else but EBE. This school has provided a great foundation for not only middle school, but life in general.

Posted April 05, 2011
As a parent who has had a child at EBE for two years - I know what is going on in our school. My spouse and I have partnered with Mrs. Phlug and Mrs. Papillon and we have interacted in the classroom with the students. We are involved in our daughter's education and we support their teachers! That type of partnership is what makes any school a great school. EBE also has a fantastic Principal and he exhibits genuine leadership. Parents can rest assured that their child is recieving the best education that Hamilton County has to offer when the child attends EBE.

Posted April 05, 2011
Our school looks terrible from the outside but thats not what counts. The teachers and staff are amazing. My daughter has Mrs.Pflug and she has helped her to focus on writing and has done a great job preparing her for middle school. The time and encouragement that Mrs. Pflug puts into her students shows how important they are to her. Mrs. Pflug stays with her class during lunch; building relationships and spending time with them. I think that shows how she goes the extra mile. All the teachers at EBE are GREAT!! but Mrs. Pflug GOES THE EXTRA MILE !!!! Thank for making 5th grade special. A School Rises Or Falls on leadership. Ours Rises with Dr. Stewart and our great staff!

East Brainerd Elementary School
7453 East Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified East Brainerd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Brainerd Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.