Chattanooga, TN

Barger Academy 4

Posted April 30, 2014
this school is great ! my daughter was getting honor roll and she is a great singer and actress so a special thanks to Mrs Copland Mrs Cummings Mrs Alsobrook Mrs Ison Mrs Carey Mrs Burton Mr Michell Mrs Roberts and Mrs Wilson Roberts thank you for all your hard work!

Posted April 18, 2011
I can not imagine anyone having a bad experience at Barger. My daughter will be going into the 2nd grade next year and my son will start kindergarden. I volunteer and drop into the classroom regularly and am always impressed with the teaching process and the quality of the staff. The principal Mr. Bagby is wonderful, he truly cares about the students and works hard to provide the latest technology to the teachers and students. He is also very approachable and considerate. Another wonderful thing about Barger is the love of the arts. I am so thankful that my children can be a part of a school so rich in culture.

Barger Academy 2

Posted November 30, 2010
Since enrolling my child for kindergarten in 2009, i have had nothing but problems. My child has been harrassed by another student, refused access to the bathroom ( resulted in her wetting herself 4 times & counting), name called by the teacher(s), punished for defending herself, yelled at and "man-handled". My child and i have had enough. I have never met a group of more petty, hateful, vengeful, uninvolved and disrespectful individuals in my life. My advice is before you enroll your child in this school, especially, or any other school, that you take the time to talk to the teachers and most importantly...the other parents.

Barger Academy 2

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted November 04, 2009
My son attended this school for 3-5th grade and my daughter attended for K-4th. The only reason she's not still at this school is that we moved out of state. This is the best school in the area. The teachers are wonderful and caring. They work really hard to help each student realize their true potential. And the staff really cares for their students. My kids are being homeschooled this year because there is no school where we now live that can compare with Barger.

Posted July 07, 2008
My daughter has attended Barger since kindergarten. This is her last year and I am already missing it. The teachers work hard to make every child excel and feel important. My child is very well rounded because of her arts integrated instruction. I wish I would have had this opportunity as a child. I loved all the teachers! They were very professional, caring, and motivating. I especially admired Ms. McMillon, Ms. Beard, and Ms. Novak. They pushed the children way above what was expected. Ms. McMillon helped my child to overcome self doubt, shyness, and large audiences. Now my child is performing in front of large audiences every spring. Thank you Barger Academy!

Posted June 01, 2007
My son was at Barger for 6 yrs (K-5). I could not ask for a more caring school. The Fine Arts program is terrific and is incorporated into what the children are being taught in the classroom from China, to the American Revolution, the Human Body (skull, etc,). My son has special needs. BAFA worked with my son and I to meet his needs. The communication is wonderful between teachers and parents when parents request it. The work with the child's strong points and improve his weak areas. The teachers are fantastic (Mr. Johnson - PE, Ms. Burton - Drama/Puppetry, Mrs. Alverson - Art, Ms. Roberts - Library, Mrs. Benno - Music/Strings, Mrs. Pitts - Dance/Strings, Mrs. Hernandez - Spanish, Mrs. Wilson-Roberts - Choraleers, and the main teachers (Ms. Novak, Mrs. Chase, Mr. Cruz, Mrs. Richardson, etc). I feel that my son was very blessed by God to attend BAFA.

Posted August 12, 2006
I have two children that have attend this school since kindergarten. We love it. The educational curriculum is awesome. The staff is warm, caring. They have several programs for parental involvement and there is an open door policy. We are one big family.

Barger Academy
4808 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37411
Last modified Barger Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barger Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top