Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

If a student at any time needs help within reason, they can approach a teacher with the issue.

Amount of homework: Agree

A young child should be given the opportunity to review the work that they learned in school. Which is exactly what the teachers follow.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Each child is individually disciplined so as to not group the perpetrators together.If the need arises of course.

All of the faculty are extremely devoted to helping each child excel in academics while understanding that not every child learns the same ways.

This is an excellet school with great teachers and staff. Parental involvement is required because it is a magnet school. It is predominantly African American, with children from all parts of the city of Chattanooga. I volunteer at this school every day as a grandparent, and enjoy it very much. I'm hopeful that the school will continue to improve academically and that the reports in future years will be very positive.

this school is great ! my daughter was getting honor roll and she is a great singer and actress so a special thanks to Mrs Copland Mrs Cummings Mrs Alsobrook Mrs Ison Mrs Carey Mrs Burton Mr Michell Mrs Roberts and Mrs Wilson Roberts thank you for all your hard work!

I can not imagine anyone having a bad experience at Barger. My daughter will be going into the 2nd grade next year and my son will start kindergarden. I volunteer and drop into the classroom regularly and am always impressed with the teaching process and the quality of the staff. The principal Mr. Bagby is wonderful, he truly cares about the students and works hard to provide the latest technology to the teachers and students. He is also very approachable and considerate. Another wonderful thing about Barger is the love of the arts. I am so thankful that my children can be a part of a school so rich in culture.

Since enrolling my child for kindergarten in 2009, i have had nothing but problems. My child has been harrassed by another student, refused access to the bathroom ( resulted in her wetting herself 4 times & counting), name called by the teacher(s), punished for defending herself, yelled at and "man-handled". My child and i have had enough. I have never met a group of more petty, hateful, vengeful, uninvolved and disrespectful individuals in my life. My advice is before you enroll your child in this school, especially, or any other school, that you take the time to talk to the teachers and most importantly...the other parents.

My son attended this school for 3-5th grade and my daughter attended for K-4th. The only reason she's not still at this school is that we moved out of state. This is the best school in the area. The teachers are wonderful and caring. They work really hard to help each student realize their true potential. And the staff really cares for their students. My kids are being homeschooled this year because there is no school where we now live that can compare with Barger.

My daughter has attended Barger since kindergarten. This is her last year and I am already missing it. The teachers work hard to make every child excel and feel important. My child is very well rounded because of her arts integrated instruction. I wish I would have had this opportunity as a child. I loved all the teachers! They were very professional, caring, and motivating. I especially admired Ms. McMillon, Ms. Beard, and Ms. Novak. They pushed the children way above what was expected. Ms. McMillon helped my child to overcome self doubt, shyness, and large audiences. Now my child is performing in front of large audiences every spring. Thank you Barger Academy!

Last modified Barger Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.