Bad
Good

Im sorry but I am a mother of 3 kids, ages: 14, 12, and 8. I live in Texas and I am moving to Tennessee this summer. Im looking at all the reviews of all the schools and it is terrifying!!! Who knows what school to put your kids in cause they all sound horrible! Yes there are good and bad in all schools. That is the truth! But how is a mother suppose to pick out a school when one parent says its horrible and the other says that its wonderful. Im speechless! I would rather home school all of my kids then to put them into a Chattanooga school! Because who knows which one is good and which one is bad? But also just because a school has more low income students does NOT mean that it is a bad school! I promise you that if you look at all the top rated schools: private schools, charter schools etc you will find that there are students there that are worse. You will find more horror stories than the other schools if you talk to people and dig deeper. Private schools and Charter school are just too uppity to admit it. Dear God help us all!

I loved Howard. I spent 2 years at the elementary school and 2 years at the high school. when I came into HS in 2005, the school had been completely remodeled, thank god. And yes the kids are rough around the edges, but where they came from was rough as well. You cant be weak minded going to or teaching at this school. You have to have a strong foundation. I had some doubts about going to HS here, but I met so many great people. The wonderful 2 years I spent here cant and will never compare to my last 2 years at Ooltewah High.

I taught at Howard for a couple of years and would have willingly stayed a couple more. It wasn't that I particularly enjoyed teaching there, but I am a highly qualified teacher willing to do whatever it takes to help my kids succeed - something Howard needs. With that said, this school is a TERRIBLE environment for children who wish to learn. No parent that cares about their child should EVER allow him or her to attend this school.

Howard's challenges are unique among Chattanooga's schools. It has the potential to be a great school.

This School is so incredible i mean my child has learned so much and the whole school has a responsibilty over the roof if they made a istake to close the middle school i hope that they keep this high school open cause if they dont im not sending my child to school at all so please keep this school open its incredible

i loved this school..the teachers were so nice and made sure you understood what they were talkin about

Howard has the best students in Chattanooga. They are caring and loving children who look for staff members for support. I taught at Howard for three years and would not change it for anything. The rep of Howard is due to bad media and lack of parent support. Howard has often had the highest scores in the district but that is pushed aside to shine on the negative. I would recommend parents who are prepared and willing to be active in your childs education to attend Howard. Be a part of something great. Go Tigers!!!!

Howard is a excellent school. Every school has the same problems but every school is not in the same area either. The schools that are top rated are in areas where the money is at. Howard is in the south of chattanooga. And still producing great students. People can't just say its howard. Its every school. Howard is a great school and I would love 2 recommend that u select Howard as the school for your child. My entire family went their and came out sucessfull and its going on today also.

I really agree with writter 1. That school lacks intelligents and very dirty and unsanitary. Do not bring your child to this school.

This school lacks the funds, resources, and support of its own district. It is falling behind - and quickly. If drastic improvements are not made in the Adminstration and resources available, the school will surely close. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Howard School Of Academics Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.