Chattanooga, TN

Rivermont Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
My 10 year daughter attends 5th grade at Rivermont Ele. Her grades have risen above and beyond what we had expected!! She loves the school her teachers and her fellow students. The staff are really nice and helpful.

Rivermont Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2013
My son attended Mrs. Lee's Pre-K class last year. I was very impressed with what he learned during his time at Rivermont. He ended pre-k with strong phonetic and beginners reading, math and superb social skills. The teacher's ability to cater to those who were advanced as well as her ability to nurture those who may have needed more time and attention were very impressive. Great program.

Posted September 05, 2012
My kids came from Birmingham City School System. Their grades were average to poor. When my son attended Rivermont he bacame an honor student and stayed one for his entire school year. His grade level went up 4 levels. His teacher was very professionl and caring. We had to move back to Birmingham, but my son still talks about his experience at Rivermont.

Posted October 10, 2011
This school needs to get its act together! As a parent of a 1st year student I dont know the ins and outs and wasnt given a rule book until school had been in for over a month! plus I just had to guess what they needed!

Posted May 10, 2011
The principal is an arrogant and insecure woman. She talks over people- whether it be a parent, her employees, or a student- I have witnessed such in each case; this is highly unprofessional and moreover, rude. My child's class did not have a certified teacher until February. The original teacher had to leave- no problem; substitutes were brought in throughout the year- BIG problem; also there was absolutely NO communication on this matter the entire time, until the newly hired teacher did come on board and sent out a letter to parents. She is wonderful, by the way, however, my child did not get truly started in 2nd grade until she was hired. Again- in February!!! Why did it take so long to get a REAL teacher with all the credentials that the state requires- because of the principal- she does the hiring. Its no wonder this school is in improvement status. I can't wait until the school board takes over the school from the principal. I would fire her in a heartbeat.

Rivermont Elementary School 2

Posted April 09, 2011
Their are SO many wonderful & dedicated teachers, but as far as the Principal, Ms. Kerns ...well to say the least, I am very unimpressed! I have 2 children there. My oldest child has gone there since pre-k & Ms. Kerns has been NOTHING but rude & unwelcomming to say the least. I am an involved parent with the school & she never makes me feel welcome, not to mention the way she treats the Teachers. My child was is supposed to be in the gifted program, but for 3 years now he is STILL NOT in the program. Get rid of the Principal & this school has great potential. Especially with MORE PARENT INVOLVEMENT!

Rivermont Elementary School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
My three children all go to Rivermont and we all love it there the teachers and students are great and I think the principal is great as well.

Posted May 23, 2009

Posted February 10, 2009
This school has several great teachers and wonderful students. The principal, Mrs. Kerns, however is the reason that my child will not attend after this year. She is awful and ruins the whole feel of the school.

Posted December 17, 2008

Rivermont Elementary School
3330 Hixson Pk, Chattanooga, TN  37415
Last modified Rivermont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rivermont Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top