Chattanooga, TN

Tyner Academy 4

Posted September 18, 2012
As a 2010 graduate of Tyner Academy, I must say that this school has brought me a long way. Teachers mainly in the English Department and Science Department really bent over backgrounds to help me through academics especially for the Senior Project. Tyner Academy's curriculum is what I really liked about the school. Majority of the classes had work that actually challenged students instead of being busy work without learning anything. Tyner Academy has some teachers that actually care about the students especially my English teacher of my senior year. She is a women that puts effort and goes out of her way to make sure students understand and learn to an outstanding level of success. This school also has a great Beta Club and National Society organization that helps not only the students in this club but also other students that look up to these scholars. Many outsiders look down on this school because it is majority African American and they only see the negative things. As an Alumni I have to say that this school helped me become a strong scholar today and a well prepared college student because many of the teachers at Tyner Academy helped me be where I am today.

Posted December 01, 2008

Posted July 14, 2008

Tyner Academy 2

Posted April 26, 2007
As a veteran of Tyner Middle, and a recurring student now a senior, I must say this. If the students at the two schools would give the teachers even a second of thought, this school would be within the top three schools in the county. There is a very low level of student moral, but the teachers strive to help those who try excel. So many amazing teachers burn out at these schools. Someone needs to step up for these wonderful teachers! I have included my name because I am willing to stand up for this school. Stop centering on sports and teach these kids something! Give more funding to the academics!

Posted January 19, 2005

Tyner Academy
6836 Tyner Rd, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified Tyner Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyner Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top