Bad
Good

Tyner Middle Academy 5

Posted October 28, 2014
My daughter is new to this school. My son attended there also about 6 years ago. I can see a great change in the overall environment of the school and it is definately for the better! The resources that are available to these children extends further than my expectations. The principal has taken a stand to boost standardized test scores and the faculty seems to be behind his effort. My daughter seems to enjoy the school although she has had to adjust to the behavior of some of her new classmates. There is still diciplanary issues from students from other parts of town which must be addressed but with the demographic make up of this school it is to be expected. The administration has a zero tolerance policy.

Posted October 13, 2014
I went Tyner for 2 years it was the WORST 2 years o my life I was bullied and the teachers are ok but when I changed schools my grads got way better and I no longer get bullied.

Posted August 15, 2009
I think that when my daughter was there it was a good school. They have some good teachers there that really care about the kids, but they keep changing principals and the one they have now really needs to go. Its not so much that the school is bad but Hanilton County School Dist. is the pits.

Tyner Middle Academy 3

Posted April 30, 2009
I'm a student at Tyner Middle and I'm in the 8th grade.I think it's a pretty decent school.It has help me prepare for high school and help bring my self-esteem up!!!!!

Posted December 13, 2008

Posted November 21, 2008
Tyner is a Horrible school! We had three years at that school. Students have control of that school. There are a few good teachers. But the bad outweigh the good. It was the worst school years of my childs life! That is one school that really needs to be closed!

Posted November 20, 2008
School does not work well with children that may be having difficulty with medical issues. Does not try to help in finding solutions for kids having dificulties, responsibilities in teaching falls on parents.

Posted February 24, 2008
tyner is an horrible school to send your child to! its not the school itself its how they let fights and gangs ivolve our young people

Tyner Middle Academy 4

Posted November 26, 2007
The teachers are fantastic - they really care about the students. It is a great magnet school education.

6837 Tyner Road, Chattanooga, TN  37421
Last modified Tyner Middle Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyner Middle Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top