Chattanooga, TN

Posted September 22, 2014
Woodmore is my school! Come see why. We have students who love to learn, teachers who love to teach, and the support of our community and parents.

Posted September 13, 2014
I feel blessed to consider myself part of the Woodmore family. My fellow teachers constantly go above and beyond to make sure that the kids in that building are successful. The administration is supportive and not afraid to think outside the box on how to help their teachers and students. And the kids!!! My students are some of the most talented, hardworking kids that I have ever come across. They have the potential to do amazing things with their lives. Thanks to the support from their parents, fellow teachers, and administration, I think we'll see great things from them in the future. Forget all of the negativity you've heard about Woodmore. We have some of the best students and educators in Hamilton County!

Posted September 07, 2014
I feel so blessed to have the opportunity teach down at the "Wood"! The administration goes above and beyond to hire high quality teachers and provide them with great opportunities for professional development. They truly care about helping Woodmore become one of the fastest improving schools in Tennessee. The teachers love their students and want to see each and every student succeed. Woodmore has the best kids and families around, too. Who dat, who dat...Woodmore Eagles!

Posted August 24, 2013
woodmore ele is a hard working staff school .They have really work hard with my grandson. Ido appriate them so much .Ireally would like to see them have a up grade on the building.If any school where they have a LOVING place for our children IT IS WOODMORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Cant say enough good about it

Posted May 23, 2011
My experience at Woodmore has been a very positive one. Despite the challenges faced ouside of the school, there is a core group of educators that come to school every day and work hard for the benefit of the STUDENTS. Yes, the leadership of the school does have a difficult job and individuals will not always agree with their decisions, but their committment to the students and families of this community cannot be questioned. Continue to soar high Eagles!

Woodmore Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2011
Most of these reviews are a gross misrepresentation of what's happening at this school. Indeed, as others note, the teachers are, by and large, hardworking, creative professionals attempting to provide a hand up to children living in this exceptionally challenged neighborhood. However, the leadership is among the worst imaginable. As evidenced in an excessive annual staff turnover, morale is rock-bottom, fear and intimidation reign, and those teachers who can escape to other schools (generally the best and brightest), do so after the first year. This failing school is in dire straits, and it will not improve so long as it continues to repel those very professionals (the teachers) who are the most instrumental part of ensuring a nurturing, yet challenging, classroom environment. The causes are varied and complex, but one thing is certain. It's time for a change of leadership at Woodmore Elementary.

Posted December 03, 2010
Woodmore Elementary School has a warm, family atmoshphere. The teachers are friendly and hold high expectations for all students. I was a bit concerned that the level of instruction was not up to par for my child who is an advanced learner. At first, i was very frustrated with the school until I realized that my child was the minority and that the majority of the students there were performing well below grade level. I ended up pulling my child from that school so that he could be with students who were closer to his academic level. My son and I both miss this school and wish them the best.

Posted December 01, 2010
Upon stepping into a classroom at Woodmore, one will find that the teachers are striving to make a difference in their students' education and lives. As a newer teacher at Woodmore and in my profession, I have had my challenges, and many have asked me why I don't leave. The answer is simple: Woodmore is a family. The administration have showed me nothing but support and encouragement. My grade level team is always there to listen and share ideas. Other faculty and staff always there to support one another. And the students are the biggest part of this family and the most important. They are bright, wonderful students, and I cherish every day that I spend getting to work with them.

Posted December 01, 2010
As a teacher at Woodmore for many, many years, I have witnessed many changes and have implemented many programs. Woodmore now is using best practices and strategies to make sure that each student is successful in their learning. It is now the best it has ever been. Test data is used to determine placement for individual students and a program is planned for the students at their learning level. Teachers must work hard and have a commitment to the students and the school. Teamwork is a must and happens in most cases. I chose to remain at Woodmore for 27 years because I knew it could become the great school that it is now. I have always been supported by the administration and they were always willing to listen to new ideas. I was treated with respect and as a professional. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of Woodmore. LPL

Posted December 01, 2010
Caring, committed, and concerned! These are just three adjectives that I chose to describe the majority of faculty and staff at Woodmore Elementary School. It is rare to find an educational setting where the faculty and staff ( the majority) just don't treat what they do as a job. At Woodmore you find a faculty and staff that treat their job as their mission in life. We are committed to doing what is best for our students. We are a family that works together towards the common good of all students in the building. I consider it an honor and a pleasure to work at Woodmore. I look forward to getting up each and every morning coming to work with my family and serving the children in our community.

Woodmore Elementary School
800 Woodmore La, Chattanooga, TN  37411
Last modified Woodmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top