Posted February 15, 2014
This school is wonderful! The principle is just amazing and you can tell the students enjoy going to school because of him and the rest of the staff! They know all the kids names and they always listen to them and strive to help them succeed! I have a 5th and 3rd grader here (they started in 1st and k) and it seems to just improve more every year! Keep up the amazing work Byrns Darden!

Posted December 10, 2013
Best kept secret in Clarksville! For all the other previous posts things change. New Principal, new teachers, new staff. Byrns Darden is the most loving and caring school I have ever been to. The counselor makes sure every student has a coat to wear and food to eat. The office ladies are always cheerful & make sure every student has school supplies and if they don't that get them some, both principal's are so dedicated and love each and every student. They know them all by name. The school is clean and one of the safest schools my child has ever been to. It may be in a so called bad area but when you walk in that school you are treated like you are in the richest part of town. Kids love it and walk around with smiles on their faces. They let kids have clubs and my son came home and told me he gets to have a job. He said they are being taught to be leaders so one day they can be somebody. I love that his school is not just worried about my son now but they are worried about their future. I would not have my child go anywhere else.

Posted November 22, 2013
My child is now in 4th grade and I'm thankful everyday she attends Byrns Darden. She has a learning disorder and I couldn't be happier with the staff. They push her to do her best everyday and help her in everyway. She has been going here for 3 years now and I'm going to miss everyone here when she moves to 6th grade in 2 years. The principal is such an amazing man. He knows every student by name and every student feels comfortable going to him with any problem. The rest of the staff are just as amazing as well. I seen what others have wrote and I don't see the problems they speak of. I volunteer here when ever I can and I couldn't be more impressed with another school. I love Byrns Darden.

Byrns L Darden Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2013
I can describe this school in two words: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! At first I was nervous about my boys going to Byrns Darden because the surrounding area is not a very good one but this school has high security to protect their students and staff. The teachers and staff really care about the students who attend this school. Byrns Darden in my opinion is dedicated to their students and their families. This school is a close community and work hard to make sure every child is achieving their best. I don't think there is one student in this school that the principal does not know by name and face which is amazing considering there is over 500 students.

Posted May 22, 2012
This school was one of the most memorable experiences in my childhood, in a bad way. Teachers had literally no control over their students, and we barely did any work. I am now in the 8th grade at Kenwood Middle, and it is gold compared to this school. I remember that I was bullied at this school, and the only thing good about it was the staff. While they were not good professionally, they were my good friends. I also remember that I was advanced by 3 grades, and the teachers had no idea about the P.A.S.S advanced program, and they didn't know about skipping grades. I could've skipped 2 based on my reading level, but no one was trained professionally and they were very uninformed, and communication was terrible. My mother volunteered at the school and made good friends with the staff, but she realized the flaws in the school. I now still am advanced by 2 or 3 grades, but I didn't get what I needed and was held back by everyone else. I personally am disgusted at this school, but the teachers that were there when I was there earned it one star. After 4th grade, they required a class my mom couldn't attend to volunteer and she could no longer work there during the day.

Posted December 14, 2011
I have one student here. He is in Kindergarden. I am absolutely thrilled of this school. Everyone there is friendly, all the teachers and staff. I don't worry bout my kid when he's at school, I know the teachers are going to be attentive and a lot of them have classroom helpers. Grannies that come in and give a helping hand. My son comes home everyday with a smile on his face and telling me something new he learned. They also have festivals and family events that are put on by the school and their PTO. It makes me feel more envolved as a parent, and I feel I know more bout his day and how he's learning, so I can better help him at home. The principal is very friendly and really cares about the wellfare of our children and their education. I could not be more pleased with this school. Very happy my son's first experience with going to school was here at Byrns Darden Elementry. Thanks to everyone.

Posted November 12, 2011
First off, let me say that this is the worst school I have ever attended. The bathrooms are highly unsanitary, the teachers have no clue what goes on among students, and the playground is riddled with graffitti. I was bullied here, and had no friends whatsoever. Whenever I complained to teachers, they merely told me to stand up for myself. How could I when I was pelted with rocks daily? Now, in high school, I am sickened by this school. It is in a bad neighborhood, with bad students and has a horrible atmosphere. I would never send my child here.

Posted May 16, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! I have 3 children there now and my youngest starts next year. All of my children have straight A's, have won numerous awards, test above their grade levels, and also love thier school! My oldest daughter went to KES for 3 years,we got rezoned just as my 2nd started kndergarten. My oldest's grades never dropped and my other girls have learned the same things here that she did there!The teachers at Byrns Darden challenge them and reward them for their hard work! The principal is an amazing woman who interacts with the children every chance she gets and even went out of her way to speak to us in Wal-mart when she saw us. The entire staff, from the principal to the custodial department, is warm and welcoming whenever I go in to volunteer! The only problem is that they do not have enough parent volunteers!

Posted March 04, 2010
I absolutely HATE this school! My child is currently in kindergarten at this school and was in pre-K and head start before starting. When she was tested at the beginning of the year she was above average and tested on a first grade level. NOW she is behind due to her teacher being absent A LOT and having several substitute teachers whos basic job is to 'babysit' and not teach! I am moving to another area just to get my child in a school that will actually teach my child what she needs to know. I now dread first grade since i know she will need to catch up. The teacher is poor at communicating with parents concerns they may have. I am DONE with the school!

Posted February 26, 2010

Byrns L Darden Elementary School
609 East St, Clarksville, TN  37042
Last modified Byrns L Darden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Byrns L Darden Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top