Bad
Good

Posted July 11, 2016
I have 2 kids at CHS and they each have had a different experience. One is doing well socially, is happily involved in after school sports, and yet struggles in some subjects. Her teachers have been extremely willing to stay after school to tutor her, let her make up tests and work on projects. They are so awesome! My other child is doing great academically, but tends to get in trouble more often than I'd like. The disciplinary process is wonderful! They spend time to counsel her, call me often and inform me of what's going on, offer grace where it's warranted, and stronger consequences as necessary. I am SO HAPPY to have such a caring staff support both my daughters! CHS is truly what you make of it. The opportunities are there to do good, and to do bad, if your child chooses. That's life. It's just nice to know there are people who truly care about our kids and take the time to put the very best values into them.

Clarksville High School 1

Posted April 22, 2014
Montgomery central high school Moved to clarksville in 2011. My eldest went for his senior year and my youngest graduates this year. Very disappointed in the way the school is run. Football program is terrible. Would never recommend this school to anyone. Beware if you move from elsewhere because they treat those students as second class.

Posted February 11, 2013
This is my daughters junior year at Clarksville High and it has been a good experience. There are lots of clubs, sports, band and choir to participate in and I love the way the school encourages school spirit. Overall a great school.

Clarksville High School 3

Posted March 27, 2012
We are new to TN and my child attends this school now. I would have to say they are too strict at this school. I understand rules are in place for safety reasons but somethings are a little too much. When I was in high school back many years ago in a different state of course, it was somewhat fun. My child is not having any kind of fun at this school. The way they grade here also is crazy. My sons involved in sports so thats what keeps him going. The principal is heartless, dont care to talk with her again if Im lucky. Its a beautiful school though will give them that. Its newer. Just seems that they dont have fun things for them to do like dances, etc.. Its ran like a military school if you ask me.

Clarksville High School 4

Posted July 27, 2011
I only attended CHS for one year, but now that I am out of high school and have attended a local private school, I have a very good opinion of CHS. Although there is the inescapable drama of high school and favoritism towards sports stars, these are not as big as they could be. Of course there is an elite set of kids that gets a great deal of recognition, but that doesn't matter most of the time. The teachers (for the most part) are witty and understanding, and dole out challenging work every day. There's a lot of opportunities to make friends on sports teams and in clubs - I just wish I had come back to CHS my senior year! This is probably the best school in Clarksville. My only real complaint - No swimming pool, and the guidance counselors are hard to get to.

Posted July 30, 2010
I am a proud CHS graduate. The academics are strong as well as the activities. While at CHS I had many opportunties including going to London, and Orlando. As far as those who say not any 'gifted' programs or extra help, have you tried checking with guidance? There are many AP classes and teachers who are more than willing to go the extra mile to help students. I know this because many of them are friends or parents of my friends. High School is what you make of it.

Posted June 30, 2009
Clarksville High School is a great school. I have 3 kids going through it. Too bad for the couple of negative comments here on this site. My kids have been successful and have enjoyed their experience. The curriculum is rigorous and relevant. They are on track to attend college, and all are involved in extracurricular activities. High School is what you put into it...hard work and effort do pay off.

Clarksville High School 3

Posted April 11, 2009
Clarksville High School is average...there are fights. I had issues in trying to get a tutor because they don't have a program for that. I had to ask the teachers to stay after school--only one stayed after to help me. I was failing, and no one wanted to help because they thought I was another 'lost cause,' but I was REALLY begging them. Once that didn't work I just did extra activities on the side(band and chorus) but in the end I dropped out because I felt like a lot of the teachers have given up. The whole(no child left behind is a crock!)

Posted February 04, 2009
It is a great school. The teams are great and every teacher does there job. It is a good school academically and physically.

Clarksville High School

Posted July 07, 2008
It was great...both academically adn athletically. I was always challenged both in the classroom and on the field. They paid attention to individual needs and built leaders, not followers. Please dismiss the negative view. 2 and half years....lol, some of us stayed in school.

Clarksville High School
151 Richview Road, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified Clarksville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.