Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter is attending school here for 3rd grade. Its the middle of Nov and so far, they barely do any work. The teachers don't correctly grade the students papers. My daughter is a very smart girl but since being at this school, her spelling has become atrocious, the math is way behind previous schools she has attended (they just started learning subtraction at the begining of the year). They don't write or teach them cursive at all. They only send home 1 thing to do for homework a night and its not even a full page of work. I will not be sending her back next year and I'm afraid that she will have to redo 3rd grade again in the next school even though she is an A student. This school is horrible.

I went here from Kindergarten to 5th grade and I would have to say I had a terrible time. I was bullied alot in 4th-5th grade and when I told the teacher, they did absolutely nothing. I got punched in the eye and the teacher did not even talk to the principal. This school is terrible.

My daughter started Kindergarten this year at CHES. The first day of school was a warm welcoming experience. The Prinicipal greeted every student with a smile and told them she was happy to see them. My daughter's teacher is wonderful and WELCOMES parents to visit and to help out in the classroom, field trips and other school functions. In this day and time we are in security is essential for our children's protection and parents peace of mind. I am 100% on board with checking in the office, giving them your keys until you leave. I would rather do that than have a missing child. This school places the safety of the children first and foremost. What else could a parent ask for?

I'm sorry to say that my experience has not been positive. My son has not excelled at Cumberland Heights even though all of his teachers agree he is one of the brightest students they have ever taught. He is easily distracted and teachers refuse to make any sort of modification without formal diagnosis and medication. My son loved school until we came here in the 3rd grade. Children are not treated fairly, and teachers give the same grade for an assignment (50) whether the child did not do it at all or if he turned it in late. I have asked them to keep him from recess, keep him after school, or to send it home and I will make sure it is done. They refused on all accounts. I tried to make an appointment with the principal and got no response. We have been very disappointed.

My son has attended CHES since kindergarten. He is now in fourth grade and loves going to school. We have had wonderful teachers and even the one I was not thrilled with, my son liked and he learned a great deal from her. While there are times I would like to go to my son's classroom, I understand how disruptive it can be to have parents coming in and out. It is not a problem to wait in the lobby for his class to walk to lunch and join him there. I know that all the decisions that are made there are made with the safety of all children in mind, not the convenience of the parents. My son is excelling at CHES.

Cumb. Heights Elem. Is an excellent school! My twins are in 3rd grade. Our experience with the teachers and administration has been superior. The teachers concern is with the pupils and their success. We are a military family with a child who is a Junior @ MCHS. This area is very open to new ideas and outside help is always needed and encouraged. Volunteering is a great way to be active in your childrens educational experience.

My third son will be starting kindergarten this year at CHES.My other 2 boys have been going for 2 years now.I am as involved as I can in the school.I eat lunch with them and have never had a problem picking them up when I feel like it without a morning note brought in.I love the teachers and staff whop are always willing to take the time out for me when I have questions.I can get a conferecne anytime I have wanted.As far as not being parent friendly i disagree.We need to think of the saftey of the children and signing in the office is a great idea .

My daughter is going into the 3rd grade and has always attended this school. I could not be more pleased with the system. They don't like for people be wandering around in the school hallways because they want to keep track of who is in the school at all times. I greatly appreciate that! I have never once been asked to show an appointment card to pick my child up. When you check them out it asks why they are leaving, any school asks why the child is leaving not just Cumberland Heights! This is a wonderful school!!!!!!!!

Last modified Cumberland Hghts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.