Posted May 12, 2014
I would rate this school TOP NOTCH! I am so glad that this is my children's school. I could not ask for a better school for my children. I love the teachers, the parents, the PTO, and the office staff. I am so glad that we decided to go here. My children have the best teachers in the world. The principal is loving and very good at her job. I hope all military families read this because they need to know what an awesome school this is!

Posted May 09, 2014
East Montgomery is an amazing school. The PTO is very active providing lots of opportunities for parents to be involved with the happenings at the school. The facility and staff are amazing and caring. This is the type of school that teachers and staff stay at as long as they can. The school overall has a great atmosphere and strong commitment to serving children and families.

East Montgomery Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
In 1st grade started they had a substitute fill in for our daughter's teacher for the year because the teacher was on leave. The sub had never taught in TN before. We started having problems almost immediately. Our daughter came home with red marks on her arms saying the teacher grabbed her and hurt her. We contacted the teacher who denied it. Our daughter kept coming home saying the teacher grabbed her, snatched her arms, etc. I went to the school and left a note for the principal. The principal never contacted me. I called every couple of days and left voicemails for two weeks. Finally, I asked for a note to be hand delivered, since her voicemail MUST have been broken. They did nothing. Denied any wrong doing and refused to move our daughter to another class. This went on from late August until two days before Christmas break! They kept saying they were looking into it, and did nothing. Finally, we went to the police dept and filed a report. Our daughter was moved to another class the next day. We got two phone calls from other parents who had the same issues. They wanted to know how we got our daughter out. This school is terrible if you ever get a bad teacher!

Posted March 23, 2012
My child is ADHD ,last year third grade teacher nightmare for my family , I was exhausted and annoyed . With time I realize that they had very little time for new teacher training . My child was assigned a new teacher with no experience ,he was constantly in trouble ,I was weekly at the school arguing with the teacher and the administration , his grades and confidence were declining daily ,I was giving up hope and faith ! At the end of the school year I was told by the assistant principal and the principal that they will make sure that the following year I will get a teacher who will be highly experience and will understand the needs of my child ,to not worry ! everything will be perfect !!! Yeah right ! ( I thought ) , to my surprise , I was wrong ! my child was assigned a awesome teacher ( Mrs Beck) !! this year has been heaven , no trouble ,no going back and forth to the principal office ,no detention , oh and did I mention grade back up ,confidence to the top . So my advice will be to be patient with the school to give them time to analyze what his needs are and which teacher will fit your child best for the next year .

Posted June 21, 2010
While last year was my children's first year at EMES, I was impressed with the quality of leadership from the principal. My daughter's teacher was good. My son's teacher needs some help. But the biggest problem is unruly children that reduce the quality of education by taking more of the teacher's time.

Posted April 21, 2010

East Montgomery Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
L have had 3 children at emes and l love it.Most of the teachers are great and are always willing to go that extra mile to help if there is a problem.My 3rd child just finished 5th grade and we will miss really the school go tigers!!!!!

Posted February 03, 2009
I have a child in kindergarten and he has been diagnose with ADHD and the school has been great as far as helping us with his behavior we have a checklist and if he get so many stickers for being good he can get a reward at the end of the week. We have our ups and down. If anyone can give me some tips I'm listening. I do like the school so far.

Posted January 18, 2009
I have 3 children enrolled at this school and feel that the teachers that we have encountered have been very welcoming, warm and caring teachers. When we moved here 2 years ago, my oldest daughter was behind because of the school in which she was enrolled (in Rhode Island). She struggled at first but her teacher was able to catch her up and she is excelling now. Where she strongly disliked school before, she now loves school. My second daughter has had wonderful teachers in first and second grade and my son is truly enjoying his kindergarten experience. I believe the school works hard to incorporate parents and generally is a wonderful school. I also wish they pushed individual reading a little more, but otherwise they have great tutoring programs available. Definitely one of the best (of 4) schools in which my children have been enrolled. I highly recommend this school.

East Montgomery Elementary School
230 McAdoo Creek Rd, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified East Montgomery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Montgomery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top