Posted March 31, 2014
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Norman Smith Elementary School! My son has been attending NSES since we moved to Clarksville, TN and he loves it there. The entire staff is phenomenal! I HIGHLY recommend this school!

Posted January 31, 2014
I have to say I really like this school. Do not let the "area" fool you by any means. The teacher's and staff are great. I can tell they care a lot about their students. My daughter love's it esp. her 5th grade teacher Mrs. Raker.

Posted August 22, 2013
Now that we are at a new school in Montgomery county, we can really appreciate how outstanding Norman Smith is. The teachers and staff are so invested in the students and genuinely take the time to somehow accommodate for each individual child. There is so much love in that school and we miss it terribly! The principal, guidance counselor, librarian...her kindergarten and first grade teachers were all exceptional human beings and we are so grateful for their dedication and passion for teaching. If you live in this district count yourself lucky. You have some of the sweetest, most amazing people caring and educating your children. I almost want to move back to be in the district just to get my child back to such a great school.

Posted August 20, 2013
We love this school! Our daughters only attended this school for one year, but compared with a year at private school, another in the same county, and another school in a different state, this school was by far the BEST! Children at Norman Smith are from all different backgrounds, but teachers try their very best to bring enthusiasm and identify early needs of individuals. From science parades to school spirit to "Bear bucks," the philosophies of this school are well ahead of others. I've noticed they've brought up their test scores significantly over the last few years, which is proof for me that they are accelerating in their practices in a community where not everyone is privileged. I've volunteered at many schools, but here, I'd seen teachers follow they're children to bus lines and lunch and provide parents with their personal cell and email contacts. The principal makes rounds daily to ensure the student body observes leadership. Children know all of their classmates, administrators, and teachers by name regardless of grade. This school is a true gem.

Norman Smith Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
I'm new to this area and the staff was so helpful and took realy good care of my need's and my son thank you

Norman Smith Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2009
Nice Teachers. Very old inside and dated- not that it matters. Very poorly situated in one of the worst parts of the city. My child's teacher was out for about 40% of the school year and he had multiple subs. The homework was rarely checked/scored and he didn't get any homework assignments from the sub-teachers.

Norman Smith Elementary School 0

Posted August 28, 2008
smith is a great school, the staff at the school are so sweet, I enjoy going to the school and helping out. My 1st grader loves the school. I can't say how much I love the school.

Posted January 10, 2008

Norman Smith Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2007

Norman Smith Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2006
Smith is a great school for the average to above average child. Most of the teachers are fantastic, and go to great lengths to create a stimulating learning environment for their students. Smith should not be the school of choice for students with disabilities. They do not have enough knowledge or experience to adaquately provide the support needed. Neither playground is ADA compliant, and both are functionally inaccessible to any child with physical limitations.

Norman Smith Elementary School
740 Greenwood Av, Clarksville, TN  37040
Last modified Norman Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norman Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top